Chapter 98: Too Late To Regret

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

My parents returned to Canada once I was discharged from the hospital and since then Jun-soo oppa has stayed at home “babysitting” me. He didn’t let me leave his sight. The only time he left was if Soo-jung or Infinite oppas came over. They all claimed that it was for my personal safety…so they forbid me from leaving the house alone.

But tonight.

Tonight, I was determined to get out.

I was going to meet Hana at Han River.

I tied my plaid red flannel around my waist and slung my purse over my shoulder. I carefully peeked my head out my room door and checked for Jun-soo oppa. He was nowhere in sight. I tiptoed to his room and found him with his headphones on completely focused on his computer.

This was my chance.

I hurried to the front door since the coast was now clear.

Just as I opened to the door to leave, a hand pushed the door shut.

“And where do you think you’re going Miss?” Jun-soo oppa questioned staring down at me as if I were a criminal guilty of some crime.

“Uh…meeting a friend?” I smiled.

“Who?”

“A friend…you don’t know her.” I lied.

“Too bad. Tell her you can’t see her.” He said.

“But Oppa!”

“No buts!”

“This isn’t fair!” I complained stomping back into the house.

“It’s for your own good Hye-min ah.”

“No it’s not! Ever since I came home I’ve been stuck here. I want to go out. I want to have my life back. I can’t live like this forever! If those girls are out to get me, just let them. I’d rather be caught than stay in this house forever!” I raged.

“Hye-min ah…” Jun-soo oppa looked at me with wide eyes.

“I’m an adult now! I can make my own decisions! I don’t need anyone telling me what to do.” I spat only to realize how rude I sounded.

“Hye-min, you’re right.”

“I – I am?...I mean, of course I am!”  I was more than shocked by his words. He was actually agreeing with me.

“You’re an adult now. I’ll let you go but if something happens call me right away! Got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter