Chapter 75: Birthday Kiss

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L’s POV

Finally, everyone was gone and it was only Hye-min and I left at the dorm.

“So, what do you want to do for your birthday? Go to the amusement park, movies, dinner? ” Hye-min asked breaking the silence.

“Let’s just stay here.” I answered.

“Really?” She gasped turning her head toward me.

“Mhmm.” I nodded.

“That’s all? You don’t want to go out for dinner or go and play? It is your birthday!”

“Let’s stay at home.” I said.

“And do what?”

“We can cook, watch TV…talk.”

Being able to spend the day with Hye-min was enough. If I took her out in public would be too risky, there would be too many places for things to go wrong.

“Alright, you’re the birthday boy! What do you want to cook?” She asked as she opened the fridge and cupboards.

“You guys have nothing but ramen!” She sighed placing her fists on her hips.

“You don’t even have eggs!” She gasped.

“I guess we’ll have to go shopping then.” I laughed getting up from the ground.

“Are you sure? We can just order food. How about chicken!!” She suggested.

“No let’s just go shopping, there’s a market not far from here.” I said putting on my shoes.

“Don’t you have to wear a mask? Just in case of paparazzi? And a hat!” She said as she placed one on my head treating me like a child.

“You guys are getting more famous now, wouldn’t want to cause a scandal.” She teased.

“I wouldn’t mind if it’s with you…” I whispered.

It was my first time out with someone besides my manager or group member. As much as I enjoyed it; I couldn’t help but sense people watching me. As if cameras were following me…

“Oppa, is something wrong? You seem out of it.” Hye-min said tapping me on the arm.

“Oh no it’s nothing.” I smiled so that Hye-min wouldn’t worry.

We arrived at the grocery store which was packed with ahjummas buying groceries to make dinner.

“Aren’t you children supposed to be in school?” A man asked when he bumped into us.

“I’m on school vacation.” Hye-min answered.

“How? There’s no vacation in March.” He said only becoming more suspicious.

“There is in Canada!” She smiled before walking away. He accepted her answer but was still confused. The word Canada must have had him thinking. I quickly bowed to the man by means of respect before chasing after her.

“YA Hye-min!” I called as she disappeared behind the aisles. She had me playing a game of hide and seek in the middle of a grocery store.

“Excuse me, have you seen a girl about this tall wearing a hat?” I asked a lady walking by.

“Oh the pretty young lady? She’s so kind! She was helping me just back there!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter