Chapter 77: Mixed Emotions

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

After doing the dishes, I found L oppa sound asleep on the couch.

“You must be tired from practice and all that cooking.” I whispered his forehead. I let my finger run down his nose and onto his lips.

“I never noticed it, but you’re actually pretty handsome.” I sighed.

To think back to the first time I met him; how I thought his eyes looked a little strange. I quickly snapped myself back to my senses when I realized what I was doing. I don’t know what came over me but I was suddenly attracted to L oppa. Although we didn’t make many memories together; it seemed like we have known each other for a long time.

I got up and quietly went to the other room to dial Soo-jung’s number.

“Soo-jung ah, you guys ready?”

“Yea. We’ve been waiting for your call. What’s taking you so long?”

“Oh sorry…come over now. Quick! He’s sleeping it’s the perfect chance.”

“We’ll be there in 15 minutes!”

While I waited for them to come, I finished decorating the cake and setting up the candles.

“Perfect!” I whispered to my masterpiece.

Before they arrived, I walked into L oppa’s room and placed my gift on his desk. That’s when I found my picture beside his monitor.

“When did he take this and why is it on his desk?” I asked myself. Next to it was a pile of other pictures he had taken of me when I wasn’t looking. Instead of feeling creeped out, I couldn’t help but smile.

Does he like me that much?

Soo-jung and the other Infinite members soon arrived at the dorm.

“Are you guys ready?” I asked after we put on birthday hats and decorated the living room.

“1 2 3” I mouthed.

“Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to L (-hyung/oppa), happy birthday to you!” We sang waking L oppa up from his nap.

“What is all this?” He jumped.

“Surprise!” Sungyeol oppa exclaimed throwing the confetti at him.

“What? How?” He gasped.

“It was Hye-min’s idea. Aren’t you surprised?” Woohyun oppa asked. L oppa shot a death glare in my direction only to have it quickly change to a warm happy face.

“Come on quickly! Make a wish!” I said bring the cake closer to him. He closed his eyes and clasped his hands together to make a wish before blowing out the candles.

“What did you wish for?” Sungyeol oppa asked.

“If he tells you it won’t come true!” I warned. L oppa leaned in closer to me.

“My wish already came true.” He whispered while everyone was distracted. His voice sent chills down my spine. What did he mean? His wish already came true?

“Come on! What could L have possibly wished for?” he complained.

“That’s true. L doesn’t need anything.” Woohyun oppa laughed.

“Well, he doesn’t have a girlfriend!” Sungjong oppa interrupted and immediate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter