Chapter 15: We Won

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya’s POV

After the second mission Hye-min and I were in the lead by only 2 points. The MC revealed the last mission: karaoke. The members and I had spent the last few days practicing the song. It was a way to showcase our duet skills and practice English. The only thing that would bring us down would be our partner. To my luck, my partner was fluent in English but her voice was a different story.

Woohyun was first. He was confident and sang with his heart. Then it was his partner’s turn, she missed the harmonizing part and finally came in for her solo. She was loud. She wasn’t scared of being embarrassed, she just sang louder and louder. Woohyun had to harmonize her to try to make her sound better. Even with such a terrible voice they were able to 95 points.

Soo-jung and Dongwoo hyung were next. Soo-jung had a trained voice, she knew how to control it and she was in tune the entire song. She had stage presence but the only thing with her voice was she lacked power. She was too quiet and it would cost her points especially in karaoke. They finished with 90 points which mean they had lost. Hye-min and I needed at least a 93 if we wanted to win.

I was only worried about Hye-min, I wasn’t even sure if she could sing. What if she was like Sora…or worse? I started with my part and before it was time for the two of us to sing together I grabbed her hand and looked at her. I didn't want her to have stage fright. She opened and started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter