Chapter 16: Pain

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

It was him. He was Sean Lee. My childhood best friend. My first love. He was the one who gave me the most happiness but he was also the one who gave me the most sadness. We kept our eyes on each other but quickly ran off.

“Hye-min…” Soo-jung said as she grabbed my arm.

Looking down at the microphone in my hand, I realized that everyone had heard what I just said. The entire audience, staff members and people on stage had their eyes on me. They began to whisper among themselves, giving me “the look”. It was just like in school. When people would talk behind my back as I walked down the hall. It was all too familiar, it was a feeling I didn’t want to remember.

I pushed the things in my hands to Soo-jung’s arm and jumped off stage. The voices escalated and I felt alienated. I needed to get away. I needed to find a way out. I sprinted through the crowd of people forcing my way out. I finally escaped the body of people and was out in the open park.

I felt lost. I spun in circles trying to decide what to do, where to go, where to hide.

Then I saw Sean peek out from behind a pillar.

“Sean!” I yelled. I needed to talk to him, I needed answers. I chased after him calling his name but he only continued to run faster. I begged him to stop. He was too fast. He ran through the tunnel leading to the outdoor park. The tunnel was empty, there was no one out here. Everyone had gathered inside to watch the show on stage. The show I was in.  

I continued to run after him until I tripped on the pavement, using my hands to break the fall. My palms and knees were cut and exposed. Blood started to run out of the wound. I looked up and saw his figure become smaller and smaller. I forced my body up and tried to chase after him.

“Sean! Please! Please don’t leave me again…” I cried as I limped in the direction he ran in. It was too late it, he was gone…again.

I dropped to the cold paved ground. I sat there and cried. He left me again…The pain from him leaving me was much more painful than the cuts on my palms and knees. I buried my head between my knees and let my tears flow from my eyes. All this was tiring…I was tired. Why couldn’t I just forget it all? Why did I have to remember?

“Hye-min!” I lifted my head to see who it was. It was Hoya oppa, his hair was all messy and he looked worried. He must have been looking for me. He immediately took off his coat and wrapped it around me.

“You’re bleeding! Does it hurt?” he said as he grabbed my wrists examining the bloody cuts. I didn’t even notice that I was freezing until his warm hands touched my wrist.

“It hurts…it hurts a lot…” I cried, letting my head fall on his shoulder.

He didn’t say a word and just wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. He gently rested his head on top of mine and let me cry.

It was the second time Sean abandoned me but it hurt just as bad, if not more than the first time.

 

Hoya’s POV

After a short moment of silence Soo-jung spoke up.

“Hye-min” she said grabbing her hand. Hye-min realized she had announced Sean’s name to the entire audience. She turned from us to the audience, we all were looking at her. She shoved everything to Soo-jung and ran off stage. I wanted to run after her but L grabbed my arm pulling me back before I could even take a step, He gave me a look that br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter