Chapter 28: I Believe in You

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

I couldn’t help but blush.

“I’m ready for the red carpet!” I joked. I had to admit, this outfit did make me feel like a celebrity.  

Just as I was getting ready to sit down on the couch some lady in a red and white plaid shirt pushed open the door and screamed.

“Finally, you two are here…took you long enough!!” Everyone could tell she wasn’t impressed by Soo-jung and I. In fact she looked annoyed.

“You two, get up now!” She pinched Soo-jung and I by the arm pulling us up.

“Hoya, Dongwoo you guys come too.”

Her voice completely changed. It was a complete 180. I turned to Soo-jung and we both agreed that she was two-faced by exchanging looks.  

She led the four of us onto the bottom of the stage and explained the game plan while referring to the piece of paper in her hand. We were going to sing A Whole New World again. At least it was a song I knew. As she talked, the three of them nodded along. They seemed to understand all her instructions.

Was I the only one that had no idea what she was explaining?

“So any questions?” she finished. I shyly put up my hand.

“Uh…yea, I’m still not 100% clear about the plan.” I answered.

She turned and flashed a disgusted look at me. She clearly did not want to repeat herself again. Not only that but she clearly was not happy about me being there.

“Figure it out!” she snickered and she walked with her clipboard.

For the first time in my life I felt like a burden. I was ashamed that I couldn’t understand the stage instructions like the others. I never felt so stupid in my life. I looked down and bit on my lip trying hard not to cry. I’m not usually this weak...why did her actions bother me so much? It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter