Chapter 44: Not My Type

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

“You’re not going to forgive him…are you?” Sungyeol oppa whispered to me.

“I don’t know yet.” I shrugged. I wasn’t ready to let go of him…not yet.  

“But you heard what he called her.” he reminded me.

“Maybe I misunderstood the situation.” I tried to convince myself.

Flashback

At the Tom N Toms while we waited for the food, Sungyeol oppa had asked me what really happened. He was the first person to ask me. Everyone else had brushed off the situation completely…maybe that was there way of protecting me. However, I wanted to talk to someone about it as much as I didn’t want to talk about it.

“You don’t have to talk about it, if you don’t want to.” Sungyeol assured me.

I took a deep breath and started from the very beginning. First, I told him about Hoya oppa and L oppa.

“I don’t blame them…in fact I feel bad for over reacting that day.” I expressed.

“Hye-min, you didn’t over react. They just pushed it too far…But Hye-min I’m positive that Hoya and L weren’t playing with you…I promise.” he said looking straight into my eyes to assure me it was the truth.  

Then I told him about Soo-jung before telling him about Sean.

 “…when I ran off, I didn’t know what to do. I was upset with myself. I was worried Soo-jung and all of you would be disappointed in me. All I wanted was to talk to someone. Sean was the first person I could think of. And when I called him…a girl picked up the phone. She called him oppa and everything.”

“Are you sure it’s not his family?” he interrupted.

“No. No one calls a family member by “lovely”. The voice belonged to him. They said things in the background that only couples say…couples that have been together for some time…” I took a deep breath and dug my nails into my palms. I couldn’t let myself cry. Not now.

Sungyeol oppa froze. He couldn’t hide his shock. He couldn’t even defend Sean from a boy’s perspective.

“Hye-min ah, you have such a hard life. I’m sorry.” He comforted me before trying to cheer me up with jokes.

End Flashback

 “Hye-min, you and I both know you didn’t mishear it. If I had a girlfriend, I would give her my all and she would be the only girl in my heart.”

“You know Sean isn’t the same boy you grew up with anymore.”

“Like you said, things haven’t been the same. It’ll never be like they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter