Chapter 20: Time Passes

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min's POV

Sean was in 5 of my 8 classes. He introduced me to his friends and helped me get involved in the school. The transition was much easier than I imagined.

For the next month, I had the same routine and there wasn’t a day I didn’t see Sean.  

After school, Sean and I would study at the library or attend club meetings. When we decided to leave campus, we would walk through the streets holding hands until we found somewhere to eat. Around 10 PM, he’d walk me to my apartment and give me a goodbye kiss on the forehead.

Everything seemed perfect but something wasn’t right. I convinced myself that it was only a phase but I couldn’t continue to lie to myself…or Sean. I no longer felt the same love towards Sean. I didn’t get butterflies when I was with him… the spark between us was gone…   

Since school started, Soo-jung was almost never at home. She left before I woke up and came home after I went to bed. She was busy with school, dance lessons and vocal training. But tonight she was home early.

“Hye-min! You’re finally home.” She said greeting me at the entrance to our apartment.

Soo-jung and I lived in the same apartment with her older brother. Her brother was my official guardian while I stayed in Korea. Since I moved here, her parents found a new apartment closer to their work place and would visit us during the weekends.

“You’re home early!” I said as I put my shoes away.

“Come sit!!” she pulled me to the sofa. I dropped my heavy backpack and took off my jacket. Letting my body shape itself in the sofa.  

“Are you free tomorrow??” she said jumping up and down.

“Sean was going to come over and –“

“He always comes over, cancel your date with him. Come on a date with me!”

“I don’t know…I kinda promised him.” I wasn’t the type of person to break promise but it was tempting to have a day away from Sean, as bad as that sounds. Before I could react, Soo-jung grabbed my phone and called Sean. She yelled at him to stop hogging me and that I would be busy this weekend. I didn’t let it show, but I was glad she had done that.

“I guess you’re free now!” she smiled dancing around the room.

“What are we going to do?” I asked.

“Let’s spend the weekend in Busan!” she said dragging me to my room and handing me my carry on suitcase that was half packed with her belongings.

“Get packing! We have to be ready at 5:30 AM tomorrow!”

“5:30 AM??? On a Saturday??...and wait did you say Busan?!? What? Why all of a sudden??” I questioned. This was so out of the blue. I had a ton of school work and I couldn’t afford being gone for 2 entire days.

“You’ll see!” and she walked off.

Great…a surprise, how exciting.

 

Hoya’s POV

The next morning I told myself to get over Hye-min. She was just a girl I met, I couldn’t have fallen in love with her in a day. It was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter