Chapter 14: I Remember

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV.

To my surprise the Hoya oppa weren’t the first to arrive back at the stage. Woohyun oppa and his partner were already their waiting for us to arrive. .

“Alright, only 3 groups remaining for the final mission!” the MC said. Sungyeol couldn’t find his partner in time so he just gave up and joined the other members sitting off stage.

“This will be the final mission, so far Hye-min and Hoya are in the lead by 2 points but it’s still anyone’s game!”

“We have to win this, one of us has to win this!” Soo-jung whispered. Soo-jung had her competitive face on, she wanted to win.

“Let’s reveal the final mission.” The MC said as he directed his hand to the red curtain. One of the staff pulled off the staff to reveal a karaoke machine…our last mission was to sing. Soo-jung’s eyes beamed with joy, she had a talent in singing.

“I’m gonna win this!” she said in my ear as she tightened her grip with my hand.

Singing…that was the last thing I wanted to do. I was going to embarrass myself on national television.

“Let’s look at the song the judges have chosen for you.” We all turned to the TV and the title “A Whole New World” appeared. It was from Aladdin, it was a song I actually knew.

“Woohyun why don’t we start with you and your partner?” he said handing them the microphones.

The rest of us joined the members that were sitting off stage.

I was nervous. I tried to calm myself by taking deep breaths and clenching my fists.

“Are you ok?” Hoya oppa asked putting his hand on my arm.

“Uhhh…I’m just a little nervous, I’m worried I'll drag you down.” I answered. He turned my shoulders to face him.

“Don’t be worried. Just focus on me when you’re on stage.” I stared at him as he talked.

“Just like this.” He smiled.

Woohyun was outshined his partner. He had a sweet voice and it projected with the mic. It was enjoyable listening to him sing. Then his partner came in, she was …well one word: LOUD. She was very comfortable with karaoke style singing…most Koreans were. She was not only butchering the English, she was also out of tune. Woohyun oppa was even shocked by her voice. He had to sing with her during her solo parts to make it sound better.

Woohyun and his partner finally finished. The TV screen revealed their score...95. Wow, 95?

"How did they manage to get a 95?" I whispered to Soo-jung.

"One word, loud! Sometimes being loud pays off." she laughed.

“95! Good job guys, next up we have Dongwoo and Soo-jung.” The MC said asking them to go forward.

“Good luck!” I cheered.

Soo-jung and Dongwoo oppa were good. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter