Chapter 12: Locked In

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tomorrow's Christmas!! Thank you to all my readers for the support! 

Back to 2011: Mission 2

Hye-min’s POV

After we finished eating the food, we headed back stage to prepare for our next mission. I stood beside Hoya oppa and Soo-jung. She told me Dongwoo oppa’s partner was sent home sick. She was beyond excited to his partner.

“Welcome back kids, did you get a chance to bond with one other?” The MC asked, we all exchanged glances and smiled.

“Well, I see Dongwoo had a partner change. Who is your new partner?”

“Hi, I’m Choo Soo-jung, I’m a student from Seoul Preforming Arts High School!” she said in a confident voice.

“I see, so do you want to be an idol too?” The MC continued.

The members of Infinite turned to her. Soo-jung went to high school with idols, she was even friends with some. Her goal was to become a successful idol; she had the looks, the body and the talent. She was already training and taking lessons to reach her goal. Not only that, but her parents were also executives in the big entertainment companies, so her chance was high.

“That’s my dream! I was born to be in the spotlight” she smiled.  

“Do any of the other girls want to be idols too?” he asked and everyone put up their hand.

“Hye-min, you’re the only one with your hand down, do you not want to be an idol?” he questioned. He seemed confused by my choice. Was it a surprise that my dream was not to be famous like the others?

“Hye-min?” he said again, I guess I had remained silent for too long.

“Well…I never thought of it. I always focused on academics, arts was a hobby not a dream. My goal was to appear on TV once in my life and that goal came true today. Being famous would be too troublesome, I would lose my personal life.” I answered. Why had I not just put up my hand? I could have avoided answering the question.  

“I see…Well back to the game! Let me explain the next mission.” he said.

“The next mission is Hide and Seek. Infinite, your partners will be hidden somewhere in this park, you will be responsible for finding them and carrying them back to the stage on your back. More points will be awarded to the couples that arrive first.” He finished.

The crew members then proceeded to blindfold us. I thought about all the way they could possibly hide us. We could dress up as workers, be put in costumes or even hidden on a ride! But the script writers were not as creative as I thought.

The next thing I heard was the door shut behind me.

I was trapped.

I don’t know why, but began to panic. I had experienced something like this before, but I couldn’t remember when. My fear quickly overpowered me. Flashes of unfamiliar scenes popped into my head. It felt hard to breathe, I was suffocating. My head started to pound as more scenes flashed through my head. I wanted them to stop but they wouldn’t. I couldn’t recognize who the people were, then the cotton candy boy popped into my mind. He put on the bracelet for me and kissed my forehead gently. I had my glasses on…but it didn’t make sense, I rarely wear my glasses in public. I held my head trying to ease the pain but it didn’t work. Who was he? Why was he the one giving me the bracelet? The scenes came faster and faster, I couldn’t take it anymore. Then a group of girls approached me, they had followed me. They beat me and screamed at me.

It was all too much. I pounded the sides of my head to make it stop. I hit my head harder trying to ease the pain.

Then, I began to feel light headed. My body was giving in…everything around me began to spin faster and faster. 

I wanted to give up. I shut my eyes and my body fall. I heard a voice scream my name. I saw the lights turn on but it was too late. Everything went black again as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter