Chapter 86: Unexpected Ending

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya’s POV

The result of the heartbeat game was never revealed.

I didn’t complain.  

I was more happy than disappointed. I knew I didn’t have a chance against L.

This would give me more time to prove myself.

 

~flashback

“Hoya? Hoya!” Dongwoo hyung snapped me out of my daydream.

“Uh”

“What are you thinking of?”

“Nothing.”

“It’s Hye-min, isn’t it? There’s no point of lying what else would you be thinking of?” He said catching me red-handed.

“You know, you should just ask her to be your girlfriend.” He said.

I just sat there not knowing how to respond. How could I just ask her?

“Unless….you don’t actually like her that much. In that case, I’ll go and tell L to ask her.”

“NO! Wait! I do! I like her a lot!” I yelled stopping him from leaving the room.

“I know. Everyone knows. I just wanted to hear you say it.” He laughed.

“You know, I’m pretty sure she likes you too.” He continued.

“Really? You think she…she likes me?”

“You should have seen how she reacted when you fell. All she was missing was ‘Oppa, don’t die! I can’t live without you!’ She’s totally fallen for you. If she doesn’t ask you to be her date...well we know that's not going to happen.” He teased.

“Alright. If she asks me to be her prom date, I’ll ask her to be my girlfriend.” I said.

“Well, congrats! I can’t wait to see you two finally become a couple. We’ve all been waiting for this day!”

~ end flashback

 

Today was finally the day.

Hye-min entered the hotel looking like a princess. The princess which belonged to my fairytale.

Today I would finally get my happy ending.

As she handed us each a box, I couldn’t wait to finally be her date. I was confident but that all came crashing down once I took the lid off.

My heart shattered the moment I realized Hye-min had chosen L over me.

What had I done wrong? Did I just overthink everything? Had I mistaken the signals she sent me? Did Hye-min not have the same feelings?

The other members passed me a sorry look. They had all given me false hope.

I wasn't goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter