Chapter 107: Key to his Heart

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

2014

“Hye-min?”

“Yea?”

“So is it that boy?” Jungmin oppa asked again. I pretended not to hear him and walked to the kitchen for a glass of water.

“Want some?” I offered.

“Sure.”

I took my time pouring the water into two glasses before joining him back on the sofa.

“You know you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to…but can I ask you one thing?”

“Sure.”

“Is that boy…an idol?” Jungmin oppa asked. I spat out my water and threw a coughing fit after choking.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He laughed.

“And one more thing?”

“Is he Hoya from Infinite?” He said not even giving me the chance to turn down his question. I choked the second time. He really had the worst timing asking questions.

“Are you okay?” He panicked when he noticed my face turn pale.  

“Yea…” I said when my breathing steadied.

“How…how’d you know?” I questioned.

“Well, at first I wasn’t sure but do you remember the last day of classes just before summer vacation last year?”

“Last day of classes?”

“When we had the carnival and they just happened to be our special guests?”

 

~ flashback          June 21, 2013

“Well class, I’ve had a pleasure teaching you all this semester! I hope you all have a wonderful summer vacation!” Professor Hwang said to end the last class of the semester.

“Time to party!” The class cheered.

“Professor? Will you be joining us?” The girl in front of me ask.

“Yea professor! It’ll be fun!” Her friend added.

“I’ll think about it.” He laughed.

“We’ll see you later then!” They waved running out the door.

I laughed to myself seeing how desperate they were. All semester I’ve witnessed those two girls attempt to get Professor Hwang’s attention, from baking him cookies, writing him letters to buying him gifts. They even went as far as to follow him home. But to their luck, he showed no interest in them; they didn’t have the slightest chance.

“Have a good summer Professor Hwang.” I bowed as I left the classroom.

“You too Hye-min!”

I strolled down the hall and entered my second home, the small classroom I always studied in. I pulled up the blinds and looked out the massive window. The entire student body was at the main entrance of the building where the school had set up the games and food stands.

“Hye-min ah!!!” A voice screamed from the door.

“Oh hi, Sunggi.” I waved.

“Come join us!” He invited.

“It’s fine, I’d much rather stay here.” I turned him down politely.

“Come on Hye-min ah, do you hate me that much?” He teased.

“No, it’s not that!” I waved my hands at him.

“Then come with us!” He smiled forcefully dragging me out of the classroom.

“Hi Hye-min!” Hyunjun, Seojun and Jaehoon waved.

“Hi.” I waved back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter