Chapter 106: Caught

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

It was 3AM and I was still wide awake.

I tossed and turned under my covers trying to force myself to sleep.

Maybe I wasn’t used to sleeping on the ground. I laid out another comforter and rolled on top.

“Aish. This isn’t working.” I said to myself quietly, not wanting to wake up Professor Hwang…or Jungmin oppa.

In order to avoid unwanted tears at the airport, I decided to say my goodbyes the day before and that is why I’m spending the night at Professor Hwang. He’s a young professor, only in his early thirties. He was the same age as Jun-soo oppa and in fact they were friends since middle school. I only recently found out and since then he insisted that I call him oppa…which I was still trying to get used to.

 “Hye-min?” Jungmin oppa called from the hallway.

“Yes?”

“Why are you still up? It’s almost 3 am in the morning.” He said sitting down on the sofa next to me.

“I can’t sleep…” I sighed.

“We have a long day and flight ahead of us, you should get some rest.” He suggested.

“I know.”

“Are you that nervous?” He asked.

“No…”

“Well don’t be, you’re a smart girl and you’re from Canada anyway. You’ll adjust in no time. You’ll have me there too.” He assured me.

“I guess…”

“That’s not what’s bothering you, is it?”

“Not really…”

“Then tell oppa what’s wrong…”

“Um…”

“It’s because of a boy, isn’t it?” He asked directly.

“Uh…” I widened my eyes.

“How did he know?” I thought to myself.

“Is that boy that used to pick you up from school time to time?”

“Uh…” I gasped. I was too speechless to even say anything. Hoya oppa always picked me up from school when no one was around, not even professors…so how did Jungmin oppa now?

Did Jun-soo oppa tell him?

~flashback

March 4, 2013

“Hye-min! Remember to bundle up, today’s supposed to be unusually cold.” Jun-soo oppa said before leaving to work.

My first class was at 1:30 PM, which meant I had 30 minutes to eat lunch and board the subway.

“How cold can it be in March?” I said as I walked out onto the balcony. The cold wind and snow hit my bare skin.

Snow?!

That’s right it was snowing and the wind was strong. It felt like a whip hitting against your skin.

When the clock struck 12 PM, I quickly rushed to pack my backpack and put on a coat before running to the subway station.

“Just in time!” I panted as I boarded the subway. Like usual, I was left standing in the crowded subway. It was an uncomfortable 20 minutes of bumping shoulders with random strangers, who all happened to be males…

“Alright class. That’s it for today’s lecture. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Professor Hwang announced putting down the piece of chalk.

“Wow, he’s so hot!” A girl in front of me sighed.

“I know! He’s the only reason I took this class!” Her friend added.

“I would fail this class just to take it with him again.” The first girl said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter