Chapter 43: More Competition?

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya’s POV

“Oppa! Let’s sit together!” I heard Hye-min call. As I turned around the smile on my face turned into a frown. She wasn’t calling for me, instead she was calling for Sungyeol.

They sat at the front rows on the left side.

“I guess we have to sit together.” L said entering the train with me. We ended up sitting two rows behind them on the right side. L and I eyed Sungyeol from behind, they were already in their own world chatting off a storm.

“How did they become so close?” I thought.

Flashback to earlier today.

“Oppa! Let’s go!” Hye-min cheered charging back towards Haeundae Beach to the Busan Aquarium. When we arrived the aquarium was already busy with customers especially families.

“Aish!” I felt something hit against my leg. I looked down and found a little boy on the ground on the verge of crying.

“Awww!! Good boy. It’s okay.” Hye-min knelt down and helped the little boy up brushing the dust off his knees. She ruffled his hair and wiped his tears. We swiftly pulled out a lollipop and presented it to him. I let out a small laugh. The stash of candy she carried actually went to good use. His eyes beamed with excitement when he saw the candy, completely forgetting about his fall.

“Thank you, noona!” he smiled kissing Hye-min on the cheek before running back to his parents.

“Wasn’t he so cute?! His cheeks were so poofy!” Hye-min explained cupping her face. He wasn’t the only cute one.

Hye-min and I walked around the aquarium looking at all the fish and we took turns imitating them.

“Wow, oppa! Come here!” she called standing in front of a touch aquarium. Hye-min didn’t even hesitate and she reached into the water and scooped out a starfish.

“Oppa try it!” she laughed. I looked at her with a disgusted look but she forcefully took my hand and stuck it into the cold water.

“Just try it!” She lifted the starfish and placed it on my hand. When it touched my skin, I immediately dropped it back in the water and ran to the sink to wash my hands.

“Disgusting!” I complained not meaning for Hye-min to hear me. We under the 80 m tunnel and rode the glass bottom boat. Thanks to Hye-min, I experienced something new again.

“So where should we go next?” I asked as we left the aquarium.

“Let’s walk around first!” she suggested.

“Oppa, wait here.” She walked into a small charm store but in no time, she walked back out empty handed.

“Nothing?” I asked

“Nope, they didn’t have it.” She shrugged.

Next we passed by Jaws, a tteokbokki and odang restaurant. We ended up eating our late lunch there.

“Mmmm, yummy!” Hye-min smiled stuffing food into . She really didn’t know the definition of lady like.

“What?!” she complained raising her eyebrows.

“You know you can take your time, right?”

“I know but it’s just so good!!” she sighed putting more food in .

“Oppa, let’s have dessert after.”

“More?” I choked sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter