Chapter 23: Next to you

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

Once again, Hoya oppa was there to catch my fall.

“Uhh, thanks.” I said shyly. My face burned so I must have looked like a tomato. Hoya oppa helped me stand upright and picked up the snack. I quickly placed my cold hands on my cheeks to cool them down.

“Oh no, you can have it.” I said shaking my hands at him as he tried to give me the snack.

“You saw it first, remember?” he smiled and shoved it into my hands.

After we finished buying our food we met back with the others and made our way to the train.

Again Soo-jung took the rolling suitcase leaving me with the bags of Bento boxes. I unwillingly picked up the two bags and slung my tote over my shoulder. I trailed my feet following behind Soo-jung, always leaving me with the heavy stuff. Before I reached the stairs, I felt two people grab the bags out of my hands from either side. I turned side to side and saw L oppa to my right and Hoya oppa to my left.

They didn’t say a word. I smiled at them, pleased at their actions. They were such gentlemen.

When we boarded the train, we realized that one of us would be left out since there were 9 of us.

We all looked at each other trying to figure out who to kick out. Without discussion, I volunteered myself to sit alone. It only made sense for me to sit alone. When everyone else was seated, their manager took the aisle seat next to me.

“You’re that girl who won the contest, aren’t you?” he asked, looking over at me. I turned to him and nodded.

“I’ve heard a lot about you.” He laughed. I raised my eyebrow confused by what he mean.

“You have?” I asked.

“I hear something about you almost every day.” He smiled.

"How does the manager of Infinite, hear things about me...and every day?" I thought. Although I wanted to know the answer, I didn’t bother asking him. I turned my head and looked out the window watching all late comers get on the KTX train.

Before the train started I put in my earbuds and pulled out my chemistry textbook. I could take advantage of this time to study. I read 6 pages about chemical bonds before I took my eyes away from the book to stretch.

I turned my head to the right and instead of having the manager oppa next to me I found Hoya oppa looking at me.

“When did you get here?” I asked pointing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter