Chapter 11: The Break Up

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fast forward back to 2014. 

Hye-min’s POV

Everything was perfect. It was just like 3 years ago when we first met. We bought the same matching headbands and wandered the amusement park hold hands. Hoya oppa was by my side again. Hours passed by quickly, more quickly than I had hoped for. 

Oppa had a scheduled practice at 7 pm so we only had another hour to spend together.

“Let’s finish our date with the Air Balloon Ride” he said pointing up to the travelling ride. 

“Could we please get a basket for just 2 people?” oppa asked pulling off his mask to reveal himself.

“Uhh, sure thing.” The boy said as he close the door behind us. There was an uncomfortable silence as our ride made its way to the top.

“Hye-min ah, I need to talk to you about something.” He  let out a deep sigh. I could feel the guilt in his voice. The last thing I wanted was for him to break up with me on this ride. I could hear the thoughts running through his head. It was something that had to be done. We couldn’t keep dragging on a relationship that wouldn’t last. Oppa was only getting more famous and dating an ordinary girl like me would be frown upon.

It was hard to swallow.

“Hye-min ah I’m so sorry I have to do this…” he continued.

It was over. We were over.

“I’m overwhelmed with my schedule and it’s not fair.” He choked, his eyes were red, and he was fighting back the tears.

“Oppa” I started. 

“Let’s take a photo in memory of this day!” I suggested giving him the happiest smile I could give. I pretended like nothing happened. I was selfish and didn’t want to ruin our last date together.

He was taken back by my sudden change in topic but he agreed. We took some photos, our last photos together and the ride was finally done. Before leaving the ride we put our masks back on. We walked out of the park, if we break up today I will never come back here again, I told myself.

“Oppa, can you walk me to my subway station?” I said with a cute naggy voice, something I rarely did for him. He took my hands without saying a word and walked me down to the underground station. It was time of goodbye.

I took both his hands and looked into his eyes.

“Oppa, thank you for this date. Thank for you always keeping your promises. I had a fun time with you today. You should get going before you get in trouble.” I joked trying to fight my tears. I let out a sigh before giving him my goodbye.

“I love you and you will always be the best oppa in my heart. Thank you for the past two years, I will always remember the memories we made together. You will always remain the perfect oppa. Goodbye….” I said, taking off my mask, sunglasses and cap. The things I had to wear every time we went out.  I was finally letting them go. I gave him a kiss on the part of his cheek that was exposed. I walked through the subway entrance without turning back. I walked down the stairs and sat on a bench as everyone walked in and out of the subway that had arrived.

Goodbye oppa…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter