Chapter 114: He Promised.

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

“…he didn’t make it…”

I let those words process for a moment.

It still didn’t hit me.

What did he mean that he didn’t make it?

The doctor was joking…right?

This couldn’t possibly be the truth.

Hoya oppa wouldn’t leave me…he promised…

 

~flashback

November 14, 2013

“Are you cold?” Hoya oppa asked.

“No.” I lied smiling at him. But the truth was I was ready to kill whoever decided to go camping in the middle of November.

Camping is meant for warm summers, summers only and not for cold chilly autumns.

“Your hands are freezing.” He furrowed his eyebrows while showing me his pouty face.

“Let’s go sit by the campfire.” He suggested swinging a blanket over my shoulder so we were both covered. 

“Much better.” I smiled hovering my palms over the toasty warm fire. It was something I always wanted to try, sharing a blanket with the person I loved by a warm campfire. 

“What?” I asked noticing that Hoya oppa was chuckling at me continuously.

“Nothing.” He shrugged.

“Tell me!” I whined.

“No!” He teased.

“Please??” I said in a baby voice, which happened on rare occasions.

“Not this time!” He laughed getting up and running away.

“Come back here!” I called chasing after him.

It was already quite dark out, especially because we were in the middle of nowhere. The others were busy cooking up a meal while Hoya oppa and I rested. Since we had won a game earlier, we were exempt from all chores. Soo-jung and Dongwoo oppa on the other hand…wasn’t so lucky.

“Where are you?” I called squinting my eyes and trying hard to see if he was near.

“Ahhh!” I heard his scream.

“Oppa! Where are you! Are you okay?” I panicked.

Besides the noise from the others from the distance, there was no further sound.

“Oppa?” I called now hurrying my pace and tripping over some twigs. 

“Where are you? Are you okay?” I re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter