Chapter 6: Rejected

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

Hoya and I sat down in the front row seats as we waited for the others to come back.

“Hye-min ah!” I heard someone call from behind me and a pair of arms wrapped around my neck. It was Soo-jung.

“Soo-jung ah!” I said returning the hug!

“This is –“ I said trying to trying to introduce Hoya oppa to her. 

“Hoya Oppa!!” she screamed almost causing me go deaf. Of course she knew. She was a fan.

“I’m your biggest fan! Can you sign this? A picture? Sing me a song???” she continued.

“YA Soo-jung! Relax! He’s just a boy. He’s human like us, stop freaking out!” I snapped, annoyed by her actions.

Both of them just stared at me with wide eyes. There was a brief moment of awkwardness.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” I questioned raising my eyebrow.

“YA Hye-min how could you say that in front of Hoya oppa?” she snapped, backing away from me and leaning closer to Hoya oppa. 

“Oppa! I apologize on behalf of my cousin. She doesn't think before she says. It's like has a mind of its own.” Soo-jung said shaking his arm as she flashed me a death glare. I ree to her. She never could beat me with her glares, her glares just weren’t mean enough. I saw Hoya oppa let out a small chuckle before he covered his mouth with his fist.

“Only 1 minute left!” The MC shouted into the microphone.

“We’re here!!!” Woohyun, Sungyeol, L, and Dongwoo oppa’s groups waved as the plopped down into the seats next to us.

“How’d you guys finished quickly?” L said trying to catch his breath.

“Not fair! She knows English! Do you know how hard it was for us to decode this?” Sungyeol complained waving his instructions in front of us. 

“Well, I got lucky didn’t I?” Hoya said winking at me. My heart skipped a beat. What’s with boys and winking?

“YA! Mine was in Chinese! Don’t even complain!” Woohyun yelled punching Sungyeol’s chest.

“It took us forever to find someone who could read Chinese. We couldn't even complete all the missions!” he continued.

“Can I see?” I asked reaching my arm out to Woohyun. I was curious to whether our missions were all the same.

“You know Chinese too??” Dongwoo asked.  

“Yea, well my mom is Chinese…” I replied continuing to read the instructions. 

“Oh wow! You guys got to ride the Merry-Go-Round? That’s my favourite ride! I'm so jealous!” I said, feeling a little bummed that I didn’t get to ride the Merry-Go-Round.

“What? Merry-Go-Round?” he shouted pulling the paper away. “I the person said horse ride...” he said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter