Chapter 30: Is this the end?

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

I ran out the building and turned around to make sure no one followed me. I ran a little further before slowing myself to a comfortable pace. People on the streets looked at me as if I was crazy; I wasn’t dressed in proper street attire…in fact my dress didn’t even fit the season. Everyone was bundled up on this cold March day and her I was in dress made suitable for summer.

I pulled out my phone that was exploding with calls and messages. They were all from Soo-jung or unknown numbers…most likely Infinite oppas. I pressed the off button and shut it down completely. They were probably calling to yell at me for running off. The last thing I needed was to be scolded at again.  

 “Why me…?” I thought. Life isn’t fair… I didn’t understand why everyone was doing this to me.

I continued to wonder the unfamiliar streets alone, hungry and cold. I hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast and today just had to be colder than normal.

The more I thought about it the more upset I became and soon I started to blame myself. Maybe I had overreacted…maybe they meant no harm…

I sat down at a bench and let my tears quietly flow out.

“Maybe it’s actually my fault...” I cried.

I reached for my phone and turned it on. The only person I had left was Sean. He would know what to do. He always knew what to do.  I typed in his number and waited for him to answer.

“Sean!” I cried as the dial tone stopped.

“Hello? Who is this?” To my surprise Sean didn’t pick up…the voice belonged to a girl...

“Who is this?” she repeated.

“Where’s Sean? Get him.” I demanded.

“Why should I get my oppa for you? Who are you?” She teased.

“Your oppa…? Who are you?” I demanded. Through the other line I heard a male voice.

“Who is it my lovely?” he asked.

“I don’t know oppa, she won’t answer me!” she whined. They continued to play around, giggling and making kissy sounds.

“Hello?” The male voice belonged to Sean… Once I realized the truth a rock hit the bottom of my heart.

“Hello?” he said again. I let my hand drop to my lap still holding the phone.

I got up from the bench and dragged myself down the street. The phone call replayed in my head. Sean had lied about everything…he didn’t love me anymore. He was happy with another younger girl. He played with my heart…he hurt me again…

Today had to be the worst day of my life.

I had no one left…absolutely no one…

I continued to walk through the intersection without looking to see if it was my turn to cross.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

I turned towards the sound. All I saw was a bright light coming at me; it came closer and closer.  

Maybe this was the end.

 

No One’s POV

Everyone rushed to the stage when they heard that Hye-min had run off.

“What happened?” Sungjong asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter