Chapter 29: Reaching My Limits

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw Hoya oppa in front of me.

If he’s there…who’s the one hugging me? I tried to turn around to see who it was but he tightened his grip forcing me to stay put.

Hoya oppa’s piercing stare targeted the person hugging me.

I was stuck in the middle of a situation I did not want to be part of and I felt beyond uncomfortable.

Hoya oppa walked over and forcefully pulled me out of the person’s arms. His grip was strong, stronger than I could imagine. As he pulled me forward, I spun around and took a quick glance at the person. It was L oppa and he was not impressed.

I was clearly missing something. Did they fight? Why were they treating each other this way?

Hoya oppa didn’t look back, he tugged on me to return my focus at him. As I turned around, L oppa reached out and grabbed my other hand pulling me back.

Again…I was caught in the middle.

“Let go of her.” Hoya oppa said belittling L oppa with his glare. Yup, I was definitely missing something.  

“And what if I don’t want to?” L oppa teased in a serious manner. Hoya oppa squeezed my arm even tighter, I could tell he was outraged.

“Aish, seriously?!” Hoya oppa murmured. Without answering L oppa’s question he tugged me in his direction while L oppa tugged me in the opposite direction.  I stumbled back and forth between the two of them.

My patience was running out and being in heels definitely made matters worse. They had to be playing a joke. No grown boy actually does this kind of thing to a girl.

“Let go!” L oppa growled.

The continued to pull me back and forth.

“Stop!” I cried. They completely ignored me and continued to grip onto my arm tighter. The pain was now becoming unbearable from both sides.

“You two are hurting me!” I cried again trying to escape their grips but they continued to ignore me. This was complete nonsense.

Then my heel suddenly slipped off my foot from all the shuffling, causing me to fall on my bottom. Everyone around us turned to see what the noise was. The moment I hit the ground I knew I had reached my limit.

“Enough! I don’t know what games you guys are playing but I don’t want to be a part of it!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. They quickly moved their focus to me and offered a hand to help me up but I pushed them away. I got up myself and brushed the dust off my dress. I examined my arms which were all red and scratched from the lace rubbing against my skin. Without looking at them I walked back to my “X” and waited for rehearsal to start.

“Everyone, get into position!” A voice scream. Hoya oppa walked to his spot and tried to make small talk as we were lifted up but I ignored him completely.  

We successfully went through the first rehearsal. I unwillingly let Hoya oppa hold my hand and during the end, I looked passed his ear avoiding direct eye contact. I didn’t want to look at him after what he did with L oppa.

“Hye-min! Hoya! I don’t feel any connection between you two!” One of the staff yelled.

“You have to be more like Soo-jung and Dongwoo!” He continued.                               

“As if...” I said under my breath, just loud enough for Hoya to hear it. At this point I just wanted to get this done and go home. I was so over this.

We tried it the second time but before we could finish he interrupted us again.

“Hye-min! Hoya! I’m going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter