Chapter 21: Silent Kiss

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye-min’s POV

“Hye-min!! Wake up! We have to get ready, it’s already 4!!” Soo-jung yelled jumping on my bed. I pulled my blanket over my head to block out the sunlight…or my room light, I was too tired to tell. It was too early to wake, especially on a Saturday morning.

“Wake up! We have lots to do!” She yelled pulling the covers from my face. I kicked her away and fought for my blanket.

“Hye-min!!! Before I pour a bucket of water on you!” She threatened. I opened my eyes and glared at her. I only had Saturday and Sunday to sleep in and Soo-jung had ruined it. It was only 4:30…I swear she told me we had to be ready at 6. Who on Earth needs an hour and a half to get ready?

“Soo-jung!! It’s only 4 AM, why did you wake me up???” I yelled. I didn’t go to bed until 1 AM trying to finish most of my school work, so running on three hours of sleep was going to be the death of me.  

“We have lots to prepare for. Trust me!” She said shoving me into the shower. After my shower, she was waiting at the door.

“Oh my god! I swear you’re trying to kill me.” I jumped. First she takes away my precious resting time and now she’s giving me a heart attack.

I went back to my room and changed into a pair of high waisted black jeans, a chunky gray knitted turtle neck sweater and put on my large Ray Ban glasses. I walked to my mirror to make sure I was presentable. I dug into my collar and searched for my necklace pulling it out so I hung over the sweater.

“Perfect.” I thought.

I walked out of my room and saw Soo-jung making a mess in the kitchen.  

“Hye-min!! Help me please!!!” She whined shaking me by my wrists.

“I want to make a Bento box! Like this one!” she said showing me her phone. It was one of those cute Japanese style Bento boxes.

“Why do you want to make that?” I asked. It seemed like something a girl would do for her boyfriend…and last time I checked Soo-jung wasn’t dating anyone.

“No reason, just help me please! We don’t have much time!” she begged looking at me with sad puppy eyes. I gave in and helped her complete her Bento boxes. There were a total of 9 boxes. She left me making the other 8 while she focused on one…ONE.

When I finished recreating the Bento boxes, I left her to pack them into bags while I finished packing. I grabbed my black tote purse from my closet and threw in things I would ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter