Chapter 97: Last Meeting

The Past is the Key to our Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya’s POV

Dr. Baek let out a long sigh. A sigh that couldn’t mean good news. And with his apologetic eyes, he fooled us all. Apparently, Hye-min had woken up in the middle of his examination and revealed to him that she had been hit in the back of the head. He assured us that it was nothing serious, but Hye-min would need a CT scan to check for possible internal bleeding.

“She’s still weak. Her body isn’t able to handle more stress so make sure not to trigger her emotions in any way…happy or sad. We wouldn’t want to see her pass out again.” He joked.

After hearing his words, we entered the room to see an awake Hye-min sipping on some apple juice.

“Hi!” She waved happily at us.

“Hye-min ah, how many times do you need to make these kids worry?” Jun-soo hyung asked.

“Sorry…” Hye-min apologized as her smile turned into a frown.

“I’m just kidding Hye-min ah! We’re all glad you’re okay.” He smiled.

“Hye-min ah, what happened earlier? …after I left.” Soo-jung questioned.

It was the question we all wanted to ask.

“I remember Hana taking me out for a walk…at first I agreed but when we started getting too far I suggested coming back…but she refused. I tried turning around but she grabbed me by my hair…but then someone hit me.”

She brought her knees to her chest and shook her head in her hands.

“Except it wasn’t Hana, I know it wasn’t her…it couldn’t have been.” She sighed.

“Hye-min ah! You have to stop protecting her! It was Hana. It was all Hana!” Soo-jung interrupted bringing Hye-min’s attention to her.

“You can’t trust her anymore.”

“I know it wasn’t her! There’s no way she could have hit me from behind! She was in front of me! She was!” Hye-min’s emotions started to escalate and she began to pant. Her face even turned pale.

My eyes widened at the sight.  

“Hye-min ah, relax. It’s okay.” I said sitting on the side of her bed and comforting her. She turned to me and buried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter