chapter 70

Complicated Love

The next day

MBC’s Korean Music Wave

All the performers are at the stadium where the concert will be held. They will have their rehearsal in the morning whereas the concert will start at 8 pm. All of them are in their own dressing and waiting rooms.

SNSD is in their waiting room, waiting for their turn to rehears. They are talking and joking around with each other. Tiffany and Yuri are not with them because they are the MCs.

 

Meanwhile, Junhyung is walking to SNSD’s waiting room, to meet with his girlfriend. When he is in front of 4minute and After School's waiting room, he unintentionally heard their conversation because the door is not closed properly.

‘Did you hear about Jessica and Junhyung?’ Gayoon asked.

‘Neh, we heard about them. It’s true?’ Kahi asked.

‘Yep, it’s true,’ Hyunah told.

 

‘Wow, it’s really shocking,’ Uee said.

‘Mwe?’ Raina asked.

‘Well, you know about her love triangle with Top and Donghae, right?’ Uee said.

‘Yep, we know. Love triangle between her and Donghae, Top and Junhyung,’ Hyunah told.

‘That’s why it’s really shocking for me when I know about her and Junhyung,’ Uee said.

‘But why, onnie? I don’t get it,’ Jihyun asked confusedly.

 

‘It’s shocking because she choose Junhyung. I wonder why she chooses him. No offence, he is a good looking guy but for me, I think Top and Donghae are way better,’ Uee told.

‘Onnie, Junhyung oppa is a good guy,’ Hyunah said.

‘I know, I know. But like I said, Top and Donghae are in their own standards and level. You agree with me, right? Don’t lie,’ Uee asked them.

‘Neh, you are right. Top and Donghae are the top idols just like her whereas Junhyung is still considered a rookie even though he is quite popular right now. I wonder too, why she chooses him,’ Bekah said.

‘She must have her own reasons for choosing him,’ Hyunah told.

‘I think it must be burdensome for him, having a girlfriend from SNSD. And come on, she is SNSD’s Jessica. She’s way too popular with the hot and famous guys like Hyunjoong, Jaejoong, Jay Park, Jonghyun, Taecyeon and many others. I envy her ,’ Uee said, enviously.

 

‘Unnie, are you saying that Junhyung oppa doesn't deserve Jessica sunbaenim?’ Hyunah asked.

‘Like I said, I think they are at different level,’ Uee told.

‘But for me, it doesn’t matter. As long as they love each other, nothing can come in their way,’ Gayoon said.

‘Well, it’s easy to say. If I’m at Junhyung’s place, I will stress out because of having a girlfriend that doesn't match with me,’ Kahi said casually.

 

 

Junhyung heard everything that they talked. He’s hurting inside when he heard them. He knows that someday, people will talk that about them like that. He knows that Jessica is in a different standard and level from him. Honestly, sometimes he is really sensitive when those issues arise because he knows that is the truth. The fact that he gets SNSD’s Jessica’s love is something really brilliant and like a miracle for him when his rivals are the top male idols in Korea and Asia.

He slowly walks away and heads to SNSD’s waiting room with sadness but he buries it deep inside his heart. Once he reached SNSD’s waiting room, he peeks into the room and saw Jessica is talking happily with TVXQ’s HoMin. They talk and joke with each other. They look so happy and comfortable with each other.

‘They are the guys that match with your standard, ice princess. The top idols,’ he said painfully, to himself.

 

He leaves the room and sits on a bench, at a corner. He is thinking deeply about all the things that he heard just now. And her image with TVXQ keeps on playing in his mind. He also thinks about Top and Donghae.

‘Did you deserve someone better than me?’ he said in his mind.

 

He ruffles his hair miserably and covers his face with his hands. Suddenly, he feels soft fingers touch his hands. He glances to his side and saw her, with her concern expression.

‘Are you okay? Why are you here, alone?’ she asked with concern.

‘Nothing, I’m okay,’ he told, faking a smile for her.

‘Don’t lie. I know something is bothering you, right? Come on, tell me,’ she said.

 

Junhyung interlocked their fingers and kisses the back of her hand.

‘I’m okay, ‘he said.

‘Yong Junhyung, don’t lie to me. I know you are lying. I saw you at my waiting room. Why didn’t you come in?’ she asked.

‘I…I want to go to the washroom,’ he lied.

‘Yeah, right. You want to use the washroom but you choose to sit here instead,’ she said sarcastically.

‘Well, suddenly I don’t feel the needs to use the washroom,’ he said playfully.

‘Yahh, stop joking. You already promised that you will never keep anything from me,’ she told.

 

Junhyung gazes at her pretty face.

‘What is it?’ she asked again.

‘Sica-ah, why did you choose me?’ he asked.

‘What?’

‘Why did you choose me over Donghae and Top?’ he asked.

‘You already know the answer, so, stop asking,’ she told.

‘I want to hear it once again,’ he said.

‘What happen to you?’ she asked worriedly.

‘Please, say it once again,’ he begged.

 

‘I choose you because I love you so much. I couldn’t live without you. Happy?’ she asked.

‘Neh,’ he said and smiles.

‘You heard bad gossips about us again, right?’ she asked.

He just smiles at her.

 

She cupped his face with her palms and gazes right into his eyes.

‘Ignore all the gossips, okay? The most important thing is our loves for each other,’ she said delicately.

‘Aren’t you regret for choosing me?’ he asked.

‘No!!’ she said loudly.

‘You deserve someone better than me. Someone that's match your standard and level,’ he told.

‘What standard? What level?’ she asked.

‘You know what I mean,’ he said.

‘No, I don’t,’ she said sternly.

 

‘Sica-ah, I love you so much,’ he told softly.

‘I know and I love you too. So, stop thinking nonsense and ignore all the gossips, arasso?’ she said.

‘Arasso,’ he said while smiling.

She leans in and kisses his lips, softly and gently. He pulls her into his arms and hugs her tightly. He kisses her shoulder and rested his chin on it. She his hairs, lovingly while still hugging him.

 

‘Aigoo, my poor joker,’ she playfully said.

‘Yahhh!’ he said loudly.

Jessica chuckles and she broke their hugs.

 

‘Feeling better?’ she asked.

‘Yep,’ he said casually.

‘I never know that this joker is over sensitive,’ she teased.

‘Yah, I’m not. I’m just act like other guy will act if they have a very popular girlfriend,’ he told.

‘Yeah, right,’ she said and rolls her eyes.

Junhyung chuckles at her.

 

‘Let’s go,’ she said.

‘Where?’

‘To my waiting room. I will start my rehearsal soon,’ she told.

‘Ah, that’s right,’ he said.

Jessica pulls him from the bench and they walk to SNSD’s waiting room, hand-in-hand. There are many eyes looking but they just ignore them. Jessica purposely clinging onto his arm and shows everyone that she’s indeed loves him so much.