chapter 48

Complicated Love

Jessica and Junhyung are in a cab, heading to their park. Jessica is planning to tell him everything about her relationship with Donghae. She just couldn’t lie to him anymore and she hopes Junhyung will understand her situation. They took a cab because Junhyung is not fully recovered and can’t drive yet. Once they arrived, Jessica helps Junhyung get out from the cab. He doesn’t use the walking stick anymore but he’s still slightly limping.

They walk to their favorite spot by holding hands. They sit on the bench, and he pulls her into his embraces, lovingly.

 

‘I miss this place so much,’ Junhyung said.

‘Me too. It’s a long time since the last time we were here, right?’ she said while hugging his waist.

‘Yepp,’ he said shortly.

‘So, how’s the preparation for your encore concert?’ she asked.

‘Everything is good. Just need to wait for my leg to fully recover. Then, I can practice dancing too,’ he told her casually.

‘You need to be cautious even though when your leg is fully recovered,’ she reminds him.

‘I know, don’t worry,’ he said and pinches her nose.

‘Aww, it’s hurt! Stop pinching me,’ she said sourly and pouted.

Junhyung chuckles at her.

 

 

‘Junhyung-ah, I …….’

‘Sica, I want you to know that being with you is the happiest moment in my whole life. I never feel so happy and blissful like this before I met with you. Now, I have you by my side, I’m so happy. I think if I die anytime soon, I’ll not regret it because I have such beautiful and sweet memories with you,’ he said delicately and earnestly.

Jessica is tearing up hearing him. She tries her hardest to hold her tears from rolling down. She’s trying to tell him about Donghae but his confession makes her couldn’t tell him.

 

‘Why are you so quiet?’ he asked.

‘No, it’s nothing. I’m just enjoying our moments together,’ she told him, on his chest.

‘You must be surprised because I’m too cheesy just now, right?’ he asked her.

‘Yepp, it’s grossing me,’ she said jokingly.

‘Aigoo, I know. It makes me goose bumps too. Why did I say that?’ he said, playfully regretted.

‘Yahh, that means you are not serious about what you just said, right?’ she asked loudly while broking their hugs

‘Ani, I’m freaking serious,’ he said while smirking and gazing at her face.

‘I hate that smirks of yours,’ she said while pointing to his face.

‘You hate? Are you sure? I think you like it,’ he said smugly.

‘You are so full of yourself,’ she said and rolled her eyes.

She leans her back against the bench.

 

Junhyung chuckles and he interlocks their fingers with each other.

‘See that? Our guardian angel is always there,’ Jessica said while pointing to the star.

‘Of course. And I think its happy seeing us,’ he said while looking at the star too.

‘You think so?’

‘Yep, it’s our guardian angel after all,’ he said casually.

Jessica just nodded and then she leans her head on his shoulder and he tilted his on hers. Her first attempt to tell him about Donghae failed and now, she needs to regain her confidence again.

 

 

‘Sica, I really hope that you can attend our encore concert next month,’ he told her.

‘I will try my best to free my schedules on that day, okay?’ she assured him.

‘Okay. I want you to watch me on my 1st stage after my long breaks,’ he said.

‘I do want to watch you,’ she said and tightens their grips.

‘Thanks,’ he said brightly and kissed the back of her hand.

Jessica just smiles, her head still resting on his shoulder.

 

Junhyung is playing with her fingers while enjoying the views there. Jessica is still debating on how to tell him about Donghae and her.

‘Why you look tense and worried?’ he asked her.

‘No, I’m not. I’m okay,’ she said while lifting her head from his shoulder, gazing at his face.

‘Are you sure?’ he asked.

‘Yes, joker! I’m sure, don’t worry about me,’ she said playfully.

‘Well, I just worried if anything bad happen to this ugly ice princess,’ he .

‘Yahhh!’ she yelled.

‘And loud too, like always,’ he teased again.

‘Hikkhss,’ she whined and pouted, crossing her arms.

‘You are too cute,’ he chuckles.

‘Cute? Didn’t you say that I’m ugly?’ she asked while raising her eyebrows.

‘You are ugly but cute too,’ he said playfully.

‘Whatever,’ she said coldly and rolled her eyes.

Junhyung chuckles again and he pulls her into his embracement.  Jessica keeps acting cold in his arms.

 

‘Yah, are you mad?’ he asked.

‘Ani,’ she said coldly.

Junhyung leans in gives a peck on her lips. That makes her immediately smiles like an idiot.

 

‘Wow, my kiss is that powerful to you?’ he asked smugly.

‘I hate you!’ she said while hitting his chest.

‘I know but I know that you love me too,’ he said while smirking.

‘And that’s why I hate you so much,’ she said jokingly.

‘Don’t hate me that much. Or else, you will end up loving me too much,’ he said playfully.

‘Yeah, right,’ she said sarcastically, on his chest.

‘I love you, ugly ice princess,’ he told her softly.

Jessica hits his chest and giggles. Junhyung chuckles and tighten their hugs. Jessica gazes up and kisses his cheek. After that, she hugs his waist again. She just couldn’t tell him right now about Donghae, so, she decides to postpone it later and she herself doesn’t know when.

‘Mianhe, Hae oppa. I couldn’t tell me right now,’ she said in her mind.

 

 

‘Sica, when will you be my steady girlfriend?’ he asked.

‘Jun-ah, please give me times. You know about my feelings, right?’ she said while gazing at him, broke their hug.

‘I know. I know you love both me and Donghae hyung,’ he said and stares into her eyes.

‘I’m really sorry. I don’t know how this happened,’ she apologized.

‘No, it’s okay. Just forget my question. I’m happy as long as I can be with you like now,’ he said and smiles.

‘Please wait. I promised I’ll make up my mind soon,’ she said.

‘Okay, and remember, it’s cool if you choose him. I’ll respect your choice,’ he told her.

Jessica nodded and she hugs his waist again, resting her head on his chest. Junhyung kisses the top of her head and tilted his head on hers.

‘I love you, joker,’ she whispered on his chest.

‘I love you too, ice princess,’ he said softly.

 

They stay at the park for about 2 hours and after that, they head back to their dorm by calling the taxi. Once they arrived at SNSD’s dorm, Junhyung kisses her lips and her forehead while Jessica hugs him tightly. She waits until he is out of her sight before she walks into the building. Then, her phone is vibrating.

Heechul oppa