chapter 14

Complicated Love

She is waiting for Junhyung in front of their apartment. She wears her hood to cover herself. Then, she saw a familiar car approaching her and stops right in front of her. Junhyung opens the door for her from inside and as soon as she saw him, he smiles brightly to her. Jessica smiles back and she gets into the car.

 

‘So, where do you want to go, ice princess?’ Junhyung asked playfully.

‘I don’t know. Do you have any interesting place?’ she asked him.

‘Ermm, I think I have,’ he said.

‘But I don’t want a noisy place. I want a quiet and peaceful place,’ she told him.

‘Arasso. This place is the best. The night views from there are really amazing,’ he told her while driving.

‘Chincha?’ she asked excitedly, like a little kid.

Junhyugn chuckles at her reaction.

 

‘Why are you laughing?’ she asked.

‘Nothing,’ he said while smiling.

‘Yahh, don’t lie. You must be cursing me in your mind right?’ she asked him.

‘Ani. Why should i? It’s just you look so ugly when you are excited just now,’ he .

‘Yahh, Yong Junhyung!’ she shrieked.

‘Aishh, the longer I’m with you, I think I’ll definitely become deaf someday,’ he sighed.

‘Serve your right for always saying I’m ugly,’ she said coldly.

‘But you are indeed ugly,’ he teased again.

‘Yahhhhh!!’ she lets out a very high-pitched dolphin’s scream.

 

‘Yah, Jung Jessica! Do you want us to get into accident?’ he slightly yelled.

‘Opps, mianhe,’ she apologized cutely.

‘You are really something,’ he said while chuckling at her cuteness.

‘Junhyung-ah, can we get something to eat?’ she asked.

‘Don’t you are on a strict diet?’ he asked, knowing SNSD’s diet.

‘Neh but I want to eat something to forget my frustration. Pleaseee, buy me something,’ she begged him cutely.

‘Arasso, what do you want?’ he gives in because of her cuteness.

‘Ermm, buy me soft drink and junk foods,’ she demanded.

‘Arasso,’ he said.

‘Kombawo, Junhyung-ah. You are definitely the best,’ she said brightly.

‘Yeah, right,’ Junhyung said cynically.

He stops at a shop to buy the foods and drinks for both of them and then he drives again, to his favorite place. They are talking, bickering and joking with each other on their way. Finally, they arrived at the place.

 

It’s a very beautiful park over the hill. It is situated on a slight high location, like a small hill. As soon as she gets out from the car, is wide open. It’s a very beautiful night views and the air is so refreshing there.

the view from their location

 

‘Yahh, close your mouth already. You look ugly,’ Junhyung .

‘Yahh!’ she yelled at him playfully.

‘Let’s go. I have a favorite spot. We can see Seoul’s night views clearly from there,’ Junhyung said and pulls her hand.

They are walking by holding hands. Junhyung is feeling really happy and also a bit nervous but Jessica is seems to enjoy the views so much. She grips Junhyung’s hand unknowingly. They walk to his favorite spot and they sit on the grass. Junhyung puts their foods in front of them.

 

‘Waaaa, this is amazing,’ Jessica said in awed.

‘I told you,’ Junhyung said.

‘You always come here?’ she asked.

‘Neh, when I need sometimes alone or I want to relax my mind, I’ll come here by myself.’

‘Chincha? I never know this place existed in Seoul,’ she told him excitedly.

‘You are the 1st girl I took with me here,’ he told her.

‘Liar!’

‘I’m saying the truth,’ he said.

‘Really? Now, I’m feeling really special,’ she said excitedly like a little kid.

Junhyung chuckles, he loves to see that side’s of her. She looks so adorable and cute when she’s in her little kid’s mode.

 

‘Look at that! Is that the Seoul Tower?’ she asked excitedly.

‘Yepp.’

‘Wahhhh, it’s so beautiful~~~~’ she yelled merrily.

Junhyung is happy seeing her excited and happy. The sight calms his mind. She looks so adorable and pretty.

 

‘What is that?’ she asked while pointing to an unrecognizable tall building.

‘I think that’s 63 Building.’

‘Chincha? Waaaaaa,’ she said excitedly.

‘Are you that happy?’ Junhyung asked her.

‘Nehhh. Kombawo Junhyung-ah. For bringing me here,’ she thanked him.

‘You are welcome. Now, you owed me,’ he said jokingly.

‘I know. I promised next time I’ll treat you better,’ she said playfully.

‘That’s all? You don’t want to give me any special gift?’ he asked.

‘Ermm, let’s see. If you always being kind and nice like this to me, I’ll grant any of your wishes,’ she said.

‘Really?’ he asked while raising his eyebrow.

‘Neh, but it’s depends on your attitudes,’ she said jokingly and makes Junhyung smiles.

‘Arasso,’ he said shortly.

 

Jessica is absorbed by the beautiful views while Junhyung occasionally steals a glance at her.

‘Here,’ he gives her a drink.

‘Thanks,’ she said shortly.

 

‘Look at the stars. It’s really beautiful and twinkling like diamonds,’ she said in admiration while looking up at the sky.

‘Yeah, it’s really beautiful,’ Junhyung said.

‘Just like you,’ he said in his mind.

 

‘Junhyung-ah, I’m really stupid,’ suddenly she said softly.

‘Yes, you are,’ he said jokingly because he thinks she is joking too but when he takes a look at her face, he knows that she’s serious.

‘Right? I knew it,’ she said.

‘I’m joking. Why are you saying that you are stupid?’ he asked while looking at her.

 

‘I love someone so much and he loves me too but he left me because of some stupid noble reasons,’ she told him.

‘What is that stupid noble reason?’ he asked.

‘He said he doesn’t want me to get hurts by his fans again and he’s doing that to protect me. You know what, I don’t give a damn about the antis or haters, as long as I have him with me,’ she said softly but heartbroken while looking at Junhyung.

‘So, that’s make you not in the mood tonight?’ he asked.

‘Neh. He promised me that we will have a date tonight. I’m excitedly and stupidly waiting for him but you know what? He called me half an hour before the date just to tell me that he couldn’t make it. He has something else to do. Something’s important to him,’ she said without looking at Junhyung, hiding her teary eyes.

‘Maybe, he really has something really important to do. You know, an emergency situation that he couldn’t avoid it,’ he told her softly.

‘You think so?’ she asked and gazes at his eyes.

‘Yeah, you need to think positive,’ he told her.

He is hurting seeing her teary eyes and her sadness.

 

‘I suffer so much because of this love,’ she said weakly.

‘If you are suffering, why do you still love him so much?’

‘I tried my hardest to throw away my loves for him but I just can’t. The feeling keep on growing stronger in me, ‘she said softly.

‘You said that both of you still love each other, so, you still have his loves and I’m sure, he’s always by your side, right?’ he said.

‘Neh, he still loves me so much but it’s different. Loving someone and being in a relationship with him is different from loving someone but I’m just a friend to him. The feeling is different. I feel some kind of barriers between us,’ she told him.

‘I know. I understand,’ he said.

 

‘Do you know how much I want to be with him? Whenever I’m sad or feeling lonely, I wanted to call him badly, want to talk to him but I couldn’t because we are not a lover. I want him to calm me down and to accompany me. It’s hurting me, Junhyung-ah,’ she said while looking at him.

Junhyung saw tears gleaming in her eyes.

‘Don’t cry. You look ugly when you cry, you know that right? I can’t stand seeing your ugly face,’ he told her playfully.

‘Yahh,’ she said and slightly smiles at him.

‘There. Now, you look pretty with that smile,’ he said while pointing to her face.

Jessica chuckles, his jokes make her smiles and successfully stops her tears from rolling down her cheeks.