chapter 43

Complicated Love

The next day

Jessica wakes up really early and she’s rushing to the hospital, to meet with Junhyung. Donwoon called her and told her that he’s already awake. Luckily, SNSD didn’t has any schedules in the morning. Jessica already tells her members about Junhyung’s accident last night and she informs them that she will be heading to the hospital in the morning.

She took a cab and heading to the hospital. She bought a basket of fruits at a shop before arrived at the hospital. As soon as she arrived, she rushed to his room. When she is in front of his room, she takes a deep breath and knocks twice. After that, she opens the door and steps into the room. She saw 6 pairs of eyes are all looking at her. A pair of eyes makes her really nervous.  She’s started to feeling nervous around Junhyung lately.

-Jessica POV-

Why am I feeling like this? Why am I nervous?

Why my heart beating so fast?

This feeling only happen to me whenever I’m with Donghae oppa..

Why I’m so scared and sad when Junghyung got into accident?

Why am I so scared when thinking that he might be leaving me forever?

Why? I know this feeling… I feel like this when I started to fall in love with Donghae oppa.

I already fall for him, right? I love him for real, right?

-end pov-

 

‘Noona, why are you standing there?’ Donwoon asked her.

‘Ahh, hi everyone,’ Jessica said while walking towards them.

She saw everyone is smiling at her except one, Junhyung. He is looking at her with a confused and weird expression.

 

‘Hi, Junhyung. How are you? Are you feeling better?’ she asked him while smiling sweetly.

She gives the gift to Kikwang.  Junhyung sits on the bed while leaning his back on a pillow.

 

‘Erkk,anniyonghaseyo Jessica-shi. I’m okay, thanks for asking,’ he said formally.

‘Why are you being so formal with me? And what’s with ‘Jessica-shi’? ‘she asked him, surprised.

‘Eh? What do you mean?’ he asked, confused.

‘Junhyung-ahhh…’she said.

‘Are we closed with each other?’ he asked her and then looking at s.

‘What’s wrong with you? Why are you asking that?’ she asked him, feels really sad.

‘Doojoon-ah, what is this? I don’t get it,’ Junhyung asked his leader.

‘It’s…’

‘Noona, Junhyung hyung has amnesia. He can’t remember some of his memories,’ Donwoon told Jessica, quietly.

 

‘What??’ she asked, really surprised and tears started to gleam in her eyes.

‘Neh, Sica. That’s true and apparently, he can’t remember his friendship with you,’ Hyeunsung told her.

‘No, I can’t believe this,’ Jessica said quietly and she sits on the chair, weakly.

‘Noona…’ Yoseob called her but he’s shocked seeing tears are flowing down her cheeks. She quickly covers her face with her hands and sobbed so hard.

‘Sica-ahh,’ Doojoon called her.

 

‘Aishhh, stop it already. You make my noona cries, hyung,’ Donwoon said.

‘Sica, mianhe. I’m just joking with you,’ Junhyung said while holding her hand that’s covering her face.

Jessica is shocked hearing Junhyung’s voice and she quickly looks at him. He is staring at her, looking so guilty.

 

‘You lied to me?’ Jessica asked him.

‘Mianhe. I’m really sorry,’ Junhyung apologized while still holding her hand.

Jessica pushes his hand away from hers and she gazes down on the floor. She didn’t know how to react because she is so shocked when she thought Junhyung really forgot about her.

Doojoon who realize the situation between both of them, motions all s to follow him, going outside. s get his signal and they quietly walks out of the room, leaving YongSica alone.

 

‘Hey, I’m really sorry. I’m just teasing you,’ he apologized again.

He lifted her chin and when she looks up at him, he’s really surprised seeing tears still rolling down her cheeks. Junhyung quickly pulls her into his arm, his left arm. Jessica is crying in his arm.

‘Ssssh,ssshh.. Don’t cry. I’m really sorry for making that stupid joke to you. I’m really sorry,’ he whispered to her while patting her back.

After awhile, Jessica finally stops crying. Junhyung broke his hug and he gazes at her wet and red eyes. Jessica sits on the edge of his bed, beside him.

 

‘I’m really sorry,’ he apologized again while wiping her wet cheeks.

Jessica just stares at him without saying anything.

 

‘Sica, please talk to me. Don’t be like this,’ he said softly.

‘Are you okay now? You are really fine?’ she finally said.

‘Neh, I’m okay. Don’t worry. My injuries are not serious,’ he said brightly.

‘Do you have fun teasing me?’ she asked him.

‘Well, yeah. It’s fun but it’s hurts too seeing you cried. But, why are you crying?’ he asked her.

‘Why I’m crying? You told me you forgot about me. Of course I’m sad,’ she whined and pouted.

‘You are so cute. I will never ever forget about you,’ he said and chuckled at her cuteness.

‘You better not or else, I’ll kill you,’ she said playfully.

‘You want to kill me?’ he asked.

‘Ani, I couldn’t kill you,’ she smiles at him with her slight eye-smiles.

Junhyung’s heart skipped a bit seeing her sweet smiles.

 

‘I miss you, so much,’ Junhyung said while gazing at her.

‘Really? Sorry because we can’t meet. I’m very busy with my schedules,’ she lied.

‘I know. I miss your loudness, I miss to tease you,’ he said playfully.

‘Yahhh!’

‘That’s what I miss so much,’ he said cheekily.

Jessica chuckles at him.

 

‘So, I heard that you cried a lot yesterday,’ he said.

‘The guys told you, right? Ani, they just exaggerated,’ she denied it.

‘Really?’ he asked while raising his eyebrows.

‘Neh,’ she denied again.

‘Come on. Tell me the truth,’ he said while staring at her eyes.

Jessica’s heart is beating so fast when their eyes met. She quickly looks away from him.

 

‘Sica, why you look so nervous?’ he asked her.

‘Ani, I’m not nervous,’ she denied again.

‘Come on, tell me. Are you afraid that I’ll die?’ he asked but Jessica quickly puts her index finger on his lips.

‘Don’t say that!’ she slightly yelled.

Junhyung startled at her reaction. He takes her finger that’s still on his lips and holds her hand.

 

‘Don’t say that word again. It scares me,’ she told him.

‘Arasso, I’ll not. I promised,’ he said delicately to her. He is really happy because Jessica is showing her care for him.

‘Do you know how worry I am when Donwoon told me about your accident? Do you know how scared I am while waiting for you, outside the operation room?’ she asked him quietly.

‘Mianhe. I didn’t know you actually care about me so much,’ he said while gripping her fingers with his. Jessica looks at their interlocking fingers and feels really happy and warm.

 

‘Of course I care about you,’ she said delicately and Junhyung smiles at her.

‘Thanks for your concern and care. It means so much for me,’ he said softly.

Their eyes meet again and both of them are staring at each other. Slowly, Junhyung leans in closer and closer to her face, his heart is beating so fast and so does Jessica’s. The gaps between their faces are slowly decreasing, and their lips are just inches away from each other.

Finally, their lips are just an inch away. Junhyung is still debating whether he should kiss her or not. He afraid if he kisses her, he will lose her forever because he knows that Jessica just treats her as a friend. When he is ready to pull off, suddenly Jessica leans in and their lips met. Junhyung is shocked but he manages to control himself. He responds to her kiss. When they kissed, he feels sparkles around them. They kiss for a brief moments before parted.