chapter 37

Complicated Love

‘Ice princess!’

‘Joker!’ she yelled back happily.

Junhyung is waiting for her at SNSD’s dorm. He’s leaning his back against the car while waiting for her. They give each other a light hug. When their body connected, Jessica feels her heart is racing and it’s the same with Junhyung.

 

‘Don’t you miss me?’ Jessica asked playfully.

‘Well, a bit. I miss your loudness and your ugly face,’ he said casually.

‘Yahhh!’

‘That’s what I miss the most,’ Junhyung said cheekily and Jessica smiles brightly to him.

 

‘Come on. Let’s go,’ Junhyung said and he opens the car’s door for her.

Jessica gets in and he drove off to their destination, a late night movie date at the cinema.

 

In the car

‘So, how is your holiday?’Junhyung asked.

‘It’s great. I also had a photoshoot during my holiday,’ she said.

‘Aigoo, you are still working? I thought it’s your HOLIDAY,’ he said, emphasized the holiday word.

‘Well, what can I do but this photoshoot is so much fun. It’s so relaxing. I love Bali so much!’ she said excitedly.

‘Did you buy any souvenir for me?’

‘Ani,’ she said coldly.

‘I knew it,’ he said casually but can’t stop from chuckling.

Jessica smiles hearing his chuckles.

 

‘What about you? How’s your holiday?’ she asked.

‘It’s great. I really miss my parents and my family. So, I’m really happy,’ he said brightly.

‘How are your parents?

‘They are fine and in perfect health,’ he told her.

‘That’s really great. Did you have any siblings?’ she asked.

‘Yepp, my younger brother. He’s 3 years younger than me,’ he said.

‘Ahh, so, similar with me. I have a younger sister and you have a younger brother.’

‘Neh,’ he said shortly.

 

‘You know, my brother is a big fan of SNSD and you are his favorite,’ he told her.

‘Chincha? Your brother sure has a great taste,’ she said playfully.

‘I think he’s blind. I don’t know why he likes you,’ he said jokingly.

‘I know you will say that. Hikkkhs, meanie!’ she said and pouted.

Junhyung chuckles seeing her cute acts.

 

After about half an hour, they reached the movie theatre. Before they get out from the car, Jessica put on her hoody while Junhyung wears his snow cap. They try to cover their identity without attracting people’s attentions towards them.

While they are walking to the movie theatre, Junhyung spontaneously holds her hand. Jessica is surprised and startled but she just let him holds her hand. Honestly, at first, Junhyung is debating whether to hold her hand or not but he makes up his mind and brace himself. He’s glad because Jessica didn’t reject his grips.

They walks to the counter to buy the ticket and after that, he bought popcorn and drink. While waiting for the movie’s theatre to open, they stand at a corner. Junhyung is leaning on the wall while holding the drink and the popcorn while Jessica is standing beside him.

Jessica eats the popcorn while waiting. Junhyung is staring at her.

 

‘Why are you staring at me?’ she asked.

‘Isn’t it obvious? You just eat by yourself,’ he said.

‘You can eat too if you want,’ she said casually.

Junhyung raised his eyebrows while gesturing his both hands are holding the drink and popcorn.

 

‘Ah, sorry,’ she said and trying to take the popcorn from him but he moves it away.

‘Feed me,’ he said while opening his mouth.

Jessica chuckles and she takes the popcorn and feeds him.

‘Thank you,’ he said playfully while Jessica just keeps on smiling.

 

The movie theatre is finally opened. The couple walks into the theatre and looks for their couple seats. They settled themselves at the seats. Jessica holds the popcorn on her laps.

‘Feed me again,’ Junhyung said while waiting for the movie to start.

‘Yahh, you can eat by yourself now,’ she told him.

‘I know but I just want you to feed me, can’t I?’

‘Aissh, arasso,’ she sighed playfully and occasionally feeds him.

 

Finally the movie starts. Jessica tries to focus on the movie but it’s too cold in there. She hugs herself but it didn’t help. Junhyung noticed that she’s freezing, so, he casually lays his arm on her shoulder. Jessica is really surprised, she stares at his face but he can’t really see his expression because it’s too dark.

‘I know you are freezing, so do I. So, let’s just…’

‘I’m not complaining,’ she cuts him in and chuckles.

Junhyung is smiling widely and he tightens his grips around her shoulder. Jessica squeezes herself into his warm arm and rested her head on his chest. They are acting like a couple, a loving couple. Junhyung occasionally rubs her arm, to make her feels warmer. And Jessica, feeds him the popcorn.

After about 2 and a half hour, the movie ended. YongSica let the other people left the room 1st, they leave when the room is completely deserted.

 

‘I need to use the restroom,’ she told Junhyung while walking out.

‘Okay. I’ll wait for you, here,’ he said.

Jessica wants to enter the restroom when Junhyung said,

‘Sica, let me hold your bag,’ he said.

‘Ah, kombawo,’ she gives him the bag and thanked him.

She quickly walks into the restroom while Junhyung is waiting for her, outside. He is leaning against the wall while holding her bag. After about 5 minutes, she’s back with him.

 

‘Let’s go, it’s freezing,’ Jessica said.

‘Neh, let’s go,’ he said and drags her by holding her hand.

She takes her bag from him and both of them are heading to the car park.

 

‘Aigoo, my chest is aching because of your heavy head,’ Junhyung said jokingly.

‘It’s not my fault. You offer yours, so I accepted if gladly,’ she said playfully.

‘I never thought that your head is that heavy,’ he .

‘It’s not that heavy. It’s just that you are really weak.’

‘Yah, I’m really muscular,’ he said proudly.

‘Yeah, right,’ she said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

Without them knowing, someone is watching them. He’s really shocked from what he saw. He saw Jessica is holding hand with a guy, a very familiar guy. She looks really happy with that guy, Junhyung. He feels pain in his hurt and he’s really sad and heartbroken seeing the sight.

 

‘So, do you want to go anywhere else?’ he asked, in the car.

‘I don’t know. Ermm, what about our park?’ she blurted excitedly.

‘OUR park?’ he asked while raising his eyebrows.

‘Ah, I mean. Your park,’ she said quietly, embarrassed because she blurted out OUR.

‘But, it’s too late right now. I think you should go back to your dorm,’ he told her.

‘Ahh, please,’ she begged cutely.

‘I’m afraid you will get tired for your schedules, tomorrow. You need to get a proper rest,’ he said kindly.

Jessica pouted and her face becomes gloomy.

 

‘Are you mad?’ he asked.

‘Ani,’ she said coldly.

‘You are obviously mad. I promise, we will go next time, okay?’ he coaxed her.

‘…’

‘Yah, it’s not that I didn’t want to take you there but I’m worried if you will get tired tomorrow. It’s already too late now and you have an early morning schedule tomorrow, right?’ he asked.

‘Neh,’ she said shortly.

‘So, stop showing that ugly face. I promised you I’ll take you there next time,’ he said playfully.

‘Remember, you promised me! So, you cannot break your promise,’ she told him.

‘I’ll never break my promise,’ he said.

‘Okay,’ she said while smiling to him, brightly.

‘You are like a little kid,’ he told her and chuckles at her acts.

 

‘But, I still want to go right NOW,’ she demanded again.

‘Aigoo, I already told you,’ he sighed.

‘Pleaseeeeeee, I’m begging you,’ she said with her puppy eyes.

Junhyung glances at her and finally, he is defeated by the ice princess.

‘Arasso, we will go,’ he said.

‘Yeahhhh, you are the best!’ she yelled excitedly.

‘Of course I’m the best. I’m Yong Junhyung,’ he said smugly while Jessica pokes her tongue to him.