chapter 11

Complicated Love

Music Bank

‘Onniee, shiro!’ Yoona said to Jessica.

‘Yoona-ah, trust me. He’s a good guy. Just give it a try, okay?’ Jessica told her.

‘But, I don’t like him. He’s not my type,’ Yoona said.

‘Yoon, just talk with him once. Then, after that, you decide whether you like with or not,’ Jessica still pleaded her.

‘Aishhh, onnieeee,’ she whined.

‘Yahh, stop it!’ she yelled at her while Yoona laughs.

 

‘Sica-ah!’ Junhyung called her.

‘Oh, Junhyung. You are here,’ she said brightly to him.

Junhyung walks to the girls. Jessica asked him to come here, the stairs at Music bank’s backstage. He knows what her intention but he just couldn’t say no to her.

‘Let me introduce. This is Yoona. And Yoona, this is Junhyung,’ Jessica introduced them to each other.

Yoona and Junhyung bow to each other awkwardly.

 

‘Yoona-ah, you are Junhyung’s favorite in our group,’ she said, teasing Junhyung.

Yoona smiles shyly while Junhyung chuckles at her.

‘Okay, I’ll leave both of you alone. Have your moments,’ she said and winks at Junhyung.

Junhyung stares at her until she’s out of his sight. He only stops staring when Yoona cough loudly.

‘Ehemmmmm!’

 

‘Ah, mianhe Yoona-shi,’ he apologized.

‘It’s okay,’ she said.

‘Yoona-shi, I’m really sorry about this. I think Jessica misunderstood me. The truth is…’

‘You like Sica onnie, isn’t it?’ Yoona cuts in.

‘I.. how do you know?’ he asked, shocked.

‘From the way you look at her just now,’ she said calmly.

‘I’m really sorry about this. I…’ he stuttered because he’s feeling guilty for Yoona.

‘It’s okay. It’s cool because honestly, I don’t like you either. I mean, you are not my favorite in Beast,’ Yoona said while smiling.

‘Chincha-yo?’ he asked, relieved.

‘Neh, so we are even now,’ she said.

‘Thank god,’ he said.

 

‘So, you like her? Or do you love her?’ she asked curiously.

‘I don’t know. I do like her but about love, I’m not sure. I think I love her but I’m not really sure because we just know each other,’ he told her.

‘I see,’ Yoona said shortly.

‘Ah,mianhe. I told you that,’ he apologized, embarrassed because he just tell Yoona about his feeling and he didn’t know why he did that.

‘It’s okay. I don’t mind,’ she said.

 

‘I have something to ask,’ Yoona said.

‘What is it?’

‘Let’s say you fall in love with Sica onnie and she loves you back and you are in a relationship with her. Then, rumors start to spread about both of you and both of you are seriously bashed by antis and fans. Will you leave her or you will still fight for her?’ she asked him curiously.

‘If I love someone, I’ll never leave her, no matter what happen. I’ll always protect and be with her, by her side,’ he said determined.

‘Really? Are you sure?

‘Neh, I’m really sure,’ he said.

 

‘Good. Now, I think you should go for her,’ she said to him.

‘Neh?’

‘Yeah, I’ll rooting for you because honestly, I want to see Jessica onnie happy with her loves one, not like now, full of doubtless and pains,’ she told him.

‘What do you mean?’ he asked her, curious.

‘How should I say this. Onnie loves someone and that someone loves her too but they are not together because that guy left her for some stupid noble reasons. You know what I mean, right?’ Yoona said.

‘Neh,’ he said shortly.

 

‘Onnie is deeply and crazily in love with him and I know, he loves her as much as she loves him too. It’s just he didn’t have the courage to fight for her. They have been together for 6 years since training but then, they broke up. Even though they already broke up, but they still love each other. My members and I couldn’t understand what their relationship is right now. What I’m certain is that they are not a couple,’ Yoona explains to him.

‘Did Jessica suffer because of that situation?’ he asked.

‘Of course. She suffered a lot. Even though, that guy is always by her side, but they were many times when he just couldn’t always be with her. And onnie, is feeling some kind of barriers between them. So, when some of our members are with their boyfriends, onnie will sit alone, debating whether to call him or not and she will end up going out with her closed friends. That’s why she has a large network of friends and also because she is really friendly and sociable, of course.  And when she has problems that needs someone called lover to share with, she couldn’t call him because there’s a wall between them because of they are not a couple,’ Yoona ended tell him everything.

‘What? That’s unbelievable,’ Junhyung said.

 

‘I know. And that’s why I’m rooting for you. I don’t know why I ended telling all of this to you. I just saw sincerity in your eyes when you look at her,’ she told him.

‘Thank you for telling me,’ he thanked her.

‘But, please don’t tell onnie that I told you about this. She doesn’t like when other people feel sorry for her,’ she said.

‘Don’t worry. I’ll not tell her,’ he assured her.

‘Okay, so, good luck to you. I know you still not sure with your feelings but I can tell that you love her,’ she said while smiling.

‘Really? How are you so sure?’

 

‘Well, girls have our own special instincts,’ she said cheekily.

‘Haha. Right. And I hope your instinct is right’ he said to her.

‘So, we are friends now?’ she asked him.

‘Of course. You can be my dungseng. By the way, who do you like in my group?’ he asked her.

‘Me? Erkk,’ she startled.

‘Come on. Tell me, maybe I can help you,’ he said.

‘Okay2x. I like Kikwang-shi,’ she said shyly.

‘Really? Well, good news because Kikwang likes you too,’ he told her.

‘Chincha?’ she asked, happy.

‘Nehh. I’ll help you to be friend with him, if you want it,’ he said.

‘Okay,’ she said shortly.

‘Okay. See you later. I need to go now,’ he said.

‘Me too. I’ll tell onnie that this date is failed,’ she said jokingly.

‘That’s right. See ya, Yoona-shi,’ he said and walks away from her.

‘See ya.’


‘Yoona-ah, how is it going?’ Jessica asked excitedly when they are at their dorm, in YoonYul’s room.

‘I told you already. It’s failed,’ Yoona said jokingly.

‘Aissh, please be serious,’ Jessica said.

 

‘I’m serious, onnie. I don’t like him. He’s not my type and apparently, he doesn’t like me too,’ Yoona told her.

‘Really? But Donwoon said that he likes you,’ Jessica said.

‘Well, maybe he used to like me but his liking changes now, right?’ Yoona said.

‘Maybe. Aisshh, I thought I succeed in playing cupid this time. But I failed,’ Jessica groaned.

‘Onnie, stop being a cupid for me,’ Yoona said.

‘Arasso,’ she said coldly.

 

‘But, if you still want to play cupid, maybe you can help me with Kikwang,’ Yoona said playfully.

‘Kikwang? You like him?’ Jessica asked, excited.

‘Neh, I like him. And since you are closed with Junhyung oppa, you can be a cupid together with him,’ Yoona suggested excitedly.

‘Ermm, I think I’ll ask Donwoon,’ Jessica said.

‘Andwe!’

 

‘Mweyo? ‘Jessica asked, feeling weird with Yoona’s reaction.

‘I mean, Donwoon is still young. He’s still a little boy. How can he be a cupid? He’s still immature. Junhyung oppa is more suitable,’ Yoona said, trying to be calm.

‘Ahh, that’s right. Donwoon is still too young. Okay, I’ll ask that annoying Junhyung,’ Jessica said.

‘Annoying?’

‘Neh, sometimes he annoys me,’ Jessica told her while pouting.

‘You become closed with him quite fast,’ Yoona said.

‘Well, you know me,’ Jessica said coolly.

‘Neh, the socialite Jessica,’ Yoona said teasingly.

Jessica rolls her eyes at Yoona.

 

‘Huarghhh, I’m sleepy. Good night Yoon-ah,’ Jessica said and walks out of the room, heading to her room.

Her roommate, Sooyoung is still in the leaving room, watching drama.