chapter 34

Complicated Love

MBC GAYO DAEJUN, 31 December 2010

Since morning, all the line-up performers are already arrived at MBC studios. They are practicing and rehearsing for the actual event that will start at 9 pm.  Everyone is busy with their own practices. It’s really lively and noisy at the backstage because the idols are interacting and talking with each other. This is their bonding times, away from their fans and Medias eyes.

 

‘So, onnie, tell me about Junhyung oppa,’ Hara said to Jessica.

‘Junhyung? What do you want to know?’ Jessica asked.

‘Everything. I know you are really closed with him right now,’ Hara said while smiling meaningfully.

‘What’s with that smile? Me and Junhyung are just closed friends,’ Jessica told her.

‘Really? But why do I smell something unusual?’ Hara asked.

‘Unusual? Stop kidding, okay? We are just friends,’ Jessica said.

‘You don’t feel anything for him? Beside ‘friend’?’ Hara asked.

‘Definitely not!’ Jessica said sternly even though she knows that’s not the truth.

 

She’s definitely feeling something different towards Junhyung recently and she doesn’t know what that feeling is. She’s really confused every times she’s with Junhyung but when she’s with Donghae, everything is back to normal. Her heart is still beating rapidly for Donghae and she’s always blushing and happy when she’s with him.

 

‘Onnie, you are dozing off again,’ Hara said loudly.

‘Ahh, mianhe. What did you say?’ she asked.

‘Ani, just forget it,’ Hara said casually.

‘Okay,’ Jessica said shortly.

‘I need to go now. See you later, onnie,’ Hara said and left her.

 

Most of her members are talking with their own friends too. Jessica is bored, so, she walks out from the room and wandering outside. Then, she meets with Junhyung, who is talking to Lee Joon. She quickly approaches them.

‘Hi guys,’ she greeted.

‘Hi, Sica,’ Joon greeted.

‘What are you doing here, ice princess?’ Junhyung asked lazily, he’s leaning against the wall.

Honestly, he’s really happy seeing her because he misses her companion so much.

 

‘Are you that unhappy seeing me?’ she asked coldly.

‘Yepp,’ Junhyung said while Lee Joon chuckles seeing them.

‘Good, because it’s my pleasure making you unhappy,’ she said sarcastically.

Junhyung can’t help but smiles at her acts.

‘I need to go. Something is up. Bye guys,’ Joon said and left YongSica alone.

 

‘Your eye bags are not a joke at all,’ Junhyung said while staring at her face.

‘I know. I don’t get enough sleep recently,’ she sighed.

‘So, where is your Donghae?’ he asked.

‘I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since I’m arrived,’ she said.

‘Ahh,’ Junhyung said shortly.

 

‘Forgot to ask you. How was your special stage with T-Ara? Are you having fun?’ she asked.

‘Yepp, of course,’ he said happily.

‘I wish I could have a special stage too,’ she said quietly.

‘With me?’ Junhyung asked smugly.

‘You? Definitely no!’ she said loudly.

‘Just admit it. You want to collaborate with me, right?’ he asked while smirking.

‘You are always so full of yourself,’ she told while hitting his arm.

‘Yahh, stop hitting me. You are abusing me,’ Junhyung said jokingly.

‘Serve you right!’ she said playfully.

 

‘Where’s Donwoon? I barely can see him these few days,’ she said.

‘He’s busy wandering outside female’s idols waiting room,’ Junhyung told her, playfully.

‘Ahh, just like you, right?’

‘Yahh, I’m not like that,’ he said loudly.

‘Aishh, no need to be so loud,’ she said.

‘This is nothing compared to yours,’ he told her.

‘Whatever,’ she said and rolls her eyes.

Junhyung chuckles at her acts.

 

‘So, do you have fun at Japan? With your Top?’ Junhyung asked.

‘Fun? Ermm, let’s say that it’s uncomfortable but a bit fun,’ she said casually.

She’s leaning against the wall too, beside Junhyung.

 

‘Why it’s uncomfortable?’ Junhyung asked.

‘I don’t know. Maybe because I know he likes me more than just a friend,’ she said.

‘You will feel uncomfortable if someone likes you more than friend?’ Junhyung asked while glancing at her.

‘Yep, it’ll be awkward for me,’ she told him.

‘I see,’ he said shortly.

 

Jessica looks at his wrist and when she saw the bangle still on it, she smiles widely. She holds Junhyung’s arm, to take a better look at the bangle.

‘It’s really gorgeous, right?’ she asked, still holding his arm.

‘Yep, thank you so much. I love it. It fits my style,’ he told her.

‘It’s so hard to find this bangle. I’m afraid if you will not like it,’ she said while looking at him.

‘Of course I like it. It’s not easy to receive a present from ice princess,’ he said playfully.

‘Glad you know that. I don’t give present just to anyone,’ she said jokingly.

‘I’m must be someone important in your life then,’ he said smugly.

‘Ermm, you can say it that way. You always make me happy and smiles. And I’m really thankful for that,’ she told him.

 

‘I did? I thought I always annoyed you,’ he said.

‘You did annoy me but your annoyances make me happy,’ she said while smiling.

Junhyung chuckles and smiles widely hearing her. Seeing her smiles make him so happy.

 

 

‘Hi, Sica,’ suddenly someone greeted her.

‘Oh, Seunghyun oppa,’ she said, startled by his sudden appearance.

‘Anniyonghaseyo sunbaenim. We meet again,’ Junhyung greeted him.

‘Neh, but just called me hyung,’ Top told him.

‘Ah, okay,’ Junhyung said while eyeing Top, he is annoyed because Top disturbs his moments with Jessica.

Meanwhile, Top is smiling brightly to her.

 

‘So, do you have any comment about my hair?’ Top asked her playfully.

‘Ani, your hair is perfect except the color. Honestly, I hate your hair’s color,’ she said directly.

‘I know. I noticed your face every time you look at my hairs,’ Top told her.

‘But, still, you are the cool and handsome Tabbie,’ she said playfully and that make’s Junhyung jealous.

His face looks bitter now but Jessica didn’t notice it.

 

‘I hope Jiyong oppa will not using the same hair styles as yesterday,’ she told Top.

‘Ani. You make him feel so hideous yesterday,’ Top told her.

‘Really? Well, it’s not my fault. It’s the truth,’ she said.

‘That’s right, it’s the truth. I think you should be hair critics,’ Top said playfully.

‘I think that too. I’m always criticizing other people’s style without knowing. It’s just come out of my mouth,’ she told him.

‘You are too honest. But, it’s good. Well, at least Jiyong will not use that hairstyle again,’ Top said jokingly.

‘Neh, you are right,’ she said brightly.

 

‘Why are you so quiet, Junhyung-ah?’ she asked.

‘Ah, nothing,’ he said shortly.

‘I know. Both of you are awkward with each other, right?’ she asked.

Both of the guys just nodded and smiles lightly.

 

Then, Donghae popped out of nowhere. He’s already with three of them.

‘Hi, pretty Sica,’ Donghae said while smiling sweetly to her.

‘Hi, oppa,’ she said happily.

Junhyung and Top are eyeing them with jealousy.

 

‘Oh, anniyonghaseyo Top-shi and Junhyung-shi,’ Donghae greeted them.

‘Anniyonghaseyo,’ Top greeted back while Junhyung just nodded his head while forcing a smile.

‘What are you doing here, oppa?’ she asked Donghae while smiling.

‘Looking for you, of course. I miss you already,’ he said cheekily and Jessica hits his arm, playfully.

Top is glaring at Donghae while Junhyung is secretly clenching his fist.

 

‘Seunghyun oppa, Junhyung-ah, see you later, okay? I need to go now,’ she told both of the guys.

‘Ah, okay,’ Top said.

‘Okay,’ Junhyung said bitterly.

‘Bye,’ she said brightly and she left them by holding onto Donghae’s arm.

 

‘You like her, don’t you?’ Top asked Junhyung.

‘Ani. I love her,’ Junhyung told him.

‘Me too,’ Top said.

‘So, I guess, we are rival,’ Junhyung said coolly.

‘Yep, but I think we can never win over that guy,’ Top said, mentioning Donghae.

‘I know it seems impossible but I believe in myself,’ Junhyung said sternly.

‘Really? I’ve trying to court her for almost 6 months, but I failed,’ Top told him.

 

‘I’m sorry for you. Are you giving up already?’ Junhyung asked.

‘Nope, not yet. I’m still trying,’ Top said.

‘Great, me too. I’m still trying too and I believe I’ll succeed,’ Junhyung said confidently.

‘Same with me. So, let’s the best man wins,’ Top said coolly while offering handshakes.

‘Yep, let’s the best man wins,’ Junhyung said and take his handshakes.

Both of them left to their own waiting room. Both are still thinking and jealous of HaeSica.