chapter 29

Complicated Love

All the idols are busy with the rehearsal for 3 year end songs festival, SBS, KBS and MBC Gayo Daejun especially SNSD. They will perform for all the festivals and also they will perform at JRA in Japan. Their schedules are extremely and crazily busy. Because of their busy schedules, they couldn’t participate in any special stages or collaboration. It’s because they didn’t have enough times to practice.

During the rehearsal and practices, Jessica always meets with Junhyung, Top and obviously her Donghae. Whenever Donghae is not around, Junhyung or Top will be with her but most of the times, she’s always with Donghae because they are from the same agency and share the same dressing room. And Jessica chose to stick with him. She often meets with Junhyung but they just could greet each other and talks for a brief moment because Junhyung is so busy with his practice especially his special stage with T-Ara for SBS Gayo Daejun. Honestly, she misses his teases but she tries her hardest to keep him out of her mind and focus to Donghae. While Top always find a way to talk to her even though Donghae is with her. And Jessica just treats Top like her other friends and ignores Donghae’s jealous glares.

 

‘He’s really brave,’ Donghae said to Jessica.

‘Who?’

‘Your Top oppa,’ he said jealously.

‘Ahhh, him. Neh, he’s cool,’ she said casually.

‘Cool? What about me?’ he asked, jealously.

‘You are cool too. And you are good looking, handsome and cute. No one can win over you,’ she said playfully.

‘Thanks. Now I’m feeling much better,’ he told her brightly.

Jessica chuckles and continues watching other idols practicing on the main stage. SNSD and Super Junior are taking a break after their practice sessions.

 

‘So, I heard from someone that you are always with Junhyung nowadays,’ he said, trying to get her attention.

‘Who said that? Minho?’ she asked while looking at him.

‘Not only him. Others said the same things too,’ he said.

‘So, what’s wrong with that? He’s my friend,’ she told him.

‘I know but I can’t help from my jealousy,’ he said.

‘Stop being jealous, oppa. You know very well that I can’t love anyone else other than you,’ she said quietly.

‘Do you hate that?’

‘What?’ she asked, confused.

‘Hate that you can’t love anyone else beside me,’ he said softly.

‘Honestly speaking, yeah. I hate it because I’m constantly hurt because of that,’ she said quietly.

‘Mianhe, Sica. I know I hurt you so much….’

‘No, it’s okay. Even though I hate it, but I like it too. Loving you is one of the greatest feelings for me,’ she said softly.

‘Me too. I’m the same with you. I can’t love anyone else beside you, pretty Sica,’ he said while gazing into her eyes.

Jessica smiles sweetly to him, he is beside her. He grips her hand tightly and then, she leans her head on his shoulder. Resting her head on his shoulder while watching other idols practicing. Their fingers are interlocked with each other.

 

Right then, it’s Beast and T-Ara on the main stage, practicing their special stage. Jessica’s eyes immediately caught Junhyung. He is talking and laughing with Jiyeon and Hyomin. She feels something in her chest, a weird feeling. She don’t know why but she hates to see Junhyung smiling and laughing with other girls, just like she hates when Donghae with other girls. It’s the same feeling.

She’s unknowingly frowning seeing Junhyung with T-Ara. She tightens her grips with Donghae’s to stop the weird feeling she feels for Junhyung.

 

‘He’s having so much fun with the girls,’ Donghae said.

‘Who?’ she asked, her head is still resting on his shoulder.

‘Your friend, Junhyung,’ he said while pointing to Junhyung on the stage.

‘Neh, because he like T-Ara so much especially Jiyeon,’ she said casually.

‘Really? So, he doesn’t like SNSD?’ he asked.

‘He likes SNSD but he doesn’t like me. I’m not his favorite,’ she told him.

‘Really? But from what I know, you are his favorite,’ he told her.

Jessica quickly lifted her head from his shoulder.

 

‘What? Where do you hear that?’ she asked him.

‘It’s in the news before. Haven’t you read it? And, Heechul hyung told me too,’ he told her.

‘I don’t know about that,’ she said, clueless.

‘He told Heechul hyung during Youngstreet. Not only him, all other B2st members,’ he said.

‘Ahh, really? I don’t know about that,’ she said, feeling slightly happy.

‘Not only him. Donwoon also chose you because you are his favorite noona, he said that,’ he told her.

‘Ahh, I guess Junhyung chose me just because he’s closed with me. And to keep his real favorite as a secret,’ she said, slightly upset.

‘Chincha? Who is his real favorite?’ Donghase asked.

‘I don’t know. He used to like Yoona but he had a changed at heart. I don’t know who his favorite is now,’ she said casually.

‘I see,’ he said shortly.

‘Stop talking about him. Let’s talk about us,’ she said brightly while holding onto his arm.

‘That’s a good idea,’ he said and pinches her nose.

 

‘So, did you flirt with any girls during your Super Show?’ she asked.

‘Ermmm, let’s me think first. I think I did,’ he said, teasing her.

‘Chincha??’ she asked with jealousy.

‘Neh, many of them,’ he teased again.

‘Who are they?’ she asked coldly.

‘My fans,’ he said playfully.

‘Oppaaaa, you teased me,’ she whined cutely.

‘Keke.. It’s fun seeing you jealous,’ he told her.

‘Hikkhhs, you are mean,’ she said and pouted.

Donghae chuckles and pinches her cheek.

 

‘Awww, its hurt,’ she whined while rubbing her cheek.

‘I want to kiss you but I can’t because there are many people here. So, that’s why I pinched you,’ he said cheekily.

‘I hate you,’ she said.

‘Really? You hate me?’ he asked.

‘Ani. I love you, so much,’ she said and hugs his arm.

‘I love you too,’ he said and patted her head.

 

‘Oppa, let’s be in a relationship again,’ suddenly she said.

‘Sica-ah, i…’

‘Oppa, I don’t understand what are you scared for? You see this, how we behave even though we are not a couple? We acted like we are a couple, so what’s the difference? Just brace yourself and said I’m your girlfriend,’ she told him.

‘I do want to do that but I can’t. I can’t give my commitment for a relationship right now. You know how busy my schedules are,’ he said softly.

‘I know. I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s gotten into me for asking you that,’ she said playfully, trying to hide her sadness.

‘Mianhe, pretty Sica. Please give me times. I just need some more times, pleaseeeee,’ he begged her while holding her hands and staring right into her eyes.

‘Fishy, you know yourself that you can take your times as long as you want,’ she said quietly.

‘Please don’t be like this. It hurts me so much seeing you like this,’ he coaxed her.

 

‘I’m okay. See, I’m not crying!’ she said brightly.

‘Good, because it hurts me so much seeing you cry,’ he said.

‘I’m strong now, oppa. Because I have my guardian angel,’ he told her.

‘Guardian angel? Since when you started to believe in that kind of stuff?’ he asked.

‘Errm, I don’t know. It’s just I believe it now,’ she said while smiling.

‘Pretty Sica, I promised you, I’ll not make you wait too long. I promised,’ he told her earnestly.

‘Neh,’ she said shortly.

‘You promise that you will wait for me?’ he asked.

‘I promised!’ she said while smiling.

‘Forever?’

‘Neh, forever!’ she told him.

 

Donghae smiles to her and seeing his smiles, makes Jessica happy too even though she’s also sad. His smiles are the cure for her sadness. She always misses his pretty smiles whenever he’s away from her. His smiles alone are enough to make her happy and blissful.

Without her knowing, Junhyung is watching HaeSica. Junhyung is hurts seeing Jessica smiles brightly with Donghae. She always smiles like an idiot when she’s with Donghae. Junhyung wishes that someday, he can replaced Donghae’s place in her heart and be the one that always make her smiles like that.