[nine] Good chance.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – April 25, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      “Can we talk about Kai?” I asked him.

      Her brows furrowed and crossed her arms as she looked at me from head to toe.

      “What is it about Kai?” she asked me.

      “Kai…” I mumbled, “Kai left Korea. He’ll be staying in America for a week.” I finished.

      “I know,” she exclaimed as she tried to avoid my gaze.

      “He also wanted to tell you not to go to his house at all cost.” I told her.

      Silence blew and no one dared to speak until Sooyeon broke the ice, “I better get going.” She muttered and was about to leave when I stopped her. “What happened?” I asked.

      She glared at me, “It’s none of your business,” she spat out, “And I wish that this would be the last time you’re going to meddle with our relationship.” She exclaimed before turning her heels on me.

      I sighed.

      Can’t she tell that I am here to help? I guess she still can’t get over the fact that she was once jealous towards me because I am close with his boyfriend.

      I decided to just let it slide and not let it ruin my day.

      I was walking on the hallway when I heard Gayoung calling out my name.

      “Jiyeon-ah!”

      I looked back and saw Gayoung running towards me.

      “Why are you late?” she asked me.

      “I wasn’t,” I exclaimed, “I was just at the garden, getting some fresh air.” I lied.

      “Oh by the way, Myungsoo was looking for you. He said something about piano lessons.” She informed me.

      “I’ll talk to him later.” I exclaimed, “Come on, let’s go to our class. We’ll be late.”

 

      The day went by like a blur. It was so boring maybe because nobody is picking on me. I don’t know why but I kind of miss Kai’s company.

      It’s already dismissal and I’m currently waiting for Myung to pick me up. We decided to have a piano lesson today since we both don’t have school works and our dismissal are a bit earlier than usual.

      “Jiyeon-ah!” I looked back and saw Myung waving at me.

      “Hey!” I greeted with a smile on my face.

      When he reached my place, he helped me with my things and we walked ourselves to go to his car. We reached his house and when we went inside, it was oddly quiet.

      “Nobody’s home?” I asked him as I wander inside his house.

      “The maids took a day off while mom and dad are at work. I’m alone today, good thing you’re here for company.” He told me.

      We’re the only ones here in his house? Oh my gosh.

      “Come on, let’s go to my room.” He muttered.

      My face suddenly heat up. I know that I am blushing but I just can’t deny the fact that I am a girl and he is a boy and we’re alone at his house!

      “Uhm Myung,” I called him.

      He turned to me, “Yeah?” he asked.

      “Why don’t we continue our piano lessons tomorrow?” I asked him, “You know, we’re alone here in your house. Others might misunderstand.” I explained.

      He chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

      “Haha, you’re really cute.” He mumbled under his breath but I was quick enough to catch it. “Okay then, I guess you feel awkward with just the two of us together.” He told me, “Come on, why don’t we just spend the day together?”

      I wasn’t able to respond when he grabbed my hand and we went back to his car.

      “Where are we going?” I asked him.

      “I know an amusement park near here. I badly wanted to go but I don’t have someone to come with me.” He told me, “Today is a good chance.”

      An amusement park is not a bad idea. It is sunny today and I feel like I deserve a break from school and today is a good chance.

      We arrived at the amusement park and as soon we went inside, Myungsoo bought me a cotton candy to nibble on while we were walking inside the park.

      “I didn’t have the chance to ask,” I blurted out, “What does your mom and dad for a living?” I asked him.

      “Well, mom is a famous celebrity here in Korea. Well I guess, not so famous since you don’t know her.” He laughed.

      Wait what?

      “Your mom is a celebrity?!” I asked, surprised.

      “Yeah, but I guess she’s not that famous since you don’t know her. I’ll tell her to work harder.” Myungsoo joked.

      “I don’t really know Korean celebrities since I lived my whole life in Japan. I only know some K-pop groups.” I told him.

      “Don’t worry mom doesn’t mind.” Myungsoo smiled, “She actually liked it that you don’t know her so that she can be herself in front of you.”

      I nodded and smiled.

      “How about your dad?” I asked him.

      “Dad is a politician.” He simply stated.

      I guess Myungsoo did really come from a wonderful family.

      “You said you have a sister, where is she?” I asked again.

      I guess this is my chance to really know him.

      “She’s in France studying fashion design. She’s been there for almost two years already.” He answered back. “How about you? Do you have any siblings?” he asked.

      “I have two, the other one is adopted but nevertheless, I treat her as my own sister.” I exhaled. “I have an older brother who is working in Japan together with my mom and dad. My adopted older sister is with me here in Korea and she’s currently working in the nursery school that my family owns, she’s also the one managing the orphanage here in Korea.” I told him, “You should go to my house some other time so you could meet my sister.”

      “Sure! I’d love that.” Myungsoo exclaimed happily.

      As we were walking in the park I saw a big horror house and I badly want to go there.

      “Myungsoo! Come on, let’s go to that ride!” I exclaimed as I drag him but it seems like he was busy looking at someone else.

      “Hey, what’s the matt—“ I didn’t finish my words when I looked at where he was looking.

      “It’s Sooyeon.” He stated.

      I heard that Myungsoo knows Sooyeon since they are classmates.

      “And Choi Minho, 12/2.” He finished.

      Why is Sooyeon doing this?! I can’t understand her!

      I was about to go to their place when Myungsoo grabbed my arms.

      “We should not meddle with their business Jiyeon.” Myungsoo dragged me towards the horror house but I immediately yanked my arms away from him.

      “Myung, you clearly saw it! We should tell this to Kai!” I exclaimed angrily.

      “No! We’re not going to,” Myungsoo muttered, “The three of us are classmates and I know too well that they are really close with each other. But I also know that they’ve gone too far for being close however, it’s not our responsibility to tell it to Kai.” He told me.

      “But…” I mumbled.

      “Come on Jiyeon,” Myungsoo exclaimed as he dragged me inside the horror house.

      We went inside the horror house and because I was afraid and all, my thoughts were flushed away. After that, we spent our day going to different rides and we ate at the small food stall inside the park.

      “The roller coaster was a blast! We should go here more often!” I told him happily.

      “And the next time we go here, you’re the one who will go to pay.” Myungsoo laughed and I nodded, “Call!”

      After that tiring day, Myungsoo accompanied me home and bid me goodbye. I went inside the house and saw Seojoon-oppa sitting at the couch.

      “I’m home!” I greeted happily.

      “Oh, where have you been?” Keiko-chan asked as soon as she heard me.

      “I just spend the day with Myungsoo.” I exclaimed.

      “New friend?” Seojoon-oppa asked and I nodded.

      “That’s great!” Keiko-chan smiled, “Go and change so that we ca eat dinner already.”

      I went upstairs and placed my phone on the bed. I went to the shower room and took a quick shower. I was putting on lotion when I heard my phone ringing.

      I quickly took it and saw, “Jerk” flickering in my phone. So Kai is calling me now? I immediately answered him, “What do you want?” I asked.

      “So, what did she said?” he asked.

      Even though he didn’t say any names, I know who he was referring to.

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt a tiny amount of ache in my heart. He just called me to know what Sooyeon said. Of course, what would I expect? He will just call me if he needs something.

      “Well, some stuff.” I told him.

      “Is she okay?” he asked again.

      “She’s fine. Everything’s fi…” I stopped my sentence midway when Sooyeon and that Minho-guy’s face flashed inside my mind.

      “Fine?” he asked, “Are you still there?”

      I went back to reality when Kai spoke causing me to wake up from my madness.

      “Ugh yeah,” I mumbled nervously, “She’s fine.”

      “Well anyways,” Kai muttered, “How was your day?” he asked awkwardly.

      I don’t know why but suddenly, a smile forced its way on my lips and I couldn’t do anything but to feel happy.

      He does care.

      “Well, I basically spent it with Myungsoo.” I answered.

      “Oh, your boyfriend?” he teased as I heard him laugh on the other line.

      “He’s not my boyfriend, you !” I exclaimed, my nose flaring.

      This guy surely knows how to piss me up! But I eventually smiled when I observed something. Only Kai can make me so pissed up but still have fun in his company. How can he do that?

      “Who are you talking to?” my smile suddenly faded when I heard a woman’s voice from the other line.

      “Just my classmate mom,” I heard Kai’s voice answering the woman and suddenly, I heard the disconnection tone.

      I suddenly felt anxious. Is Kai in trouble?


Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.