[thirty] Fiancé.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 16, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Kai decided to go back at his home to bath then after that, he will come here in our house to have dinner. I opened the door of the house and saw eonni and oppa at the kitchen.

      “I’m home,” I exclaimed as I went inside the house.

      “Ayaka, mom and dad will be coming here tomorrow. They sent a dress for you.”

      What?! Mom and dad are coming home?!

      “Really?!” I asked, happiness lacing through my voice, “Why?” I asked.

      “They said they want you to meet someone.” She smiled.

      I quickly went to my room and saw a white box on my bed. I quickly opened it and read the message on the letter card.

“私達はあなたの婚約者に明日会っている。
これはあなたのためである! 私は愛する!
- お母さん”

      Slowly, tears ran down my cheeks and I couldn’t help but to cry. I clutched my chest as I felt like my heart just stopped beating and I was having a hard time breathing. My phone rang and saw Kai’s name blinking on my phone’s screen, the phone slipped out of my hand, my strength leaving me. I eventually fell on my knees and sobbed. How can mom do this?

      “Ayaka?” eonni knocked.

      “Y-yeah?” I answered as I wiped away my tears.

      “Are you okay?” she asked.

      I sighed and forced a smile, “Y-yeah, I’m fine…” I answered back.

      “What did your mom say?” she asked but I remained silent, not wanting eonni to be involved in this. “Ayaka?” she asked again.

      “H-huh?” I muttered, “I’ll sleep now eonni. Good night!” I told her and remained silent.

      “Okay, see you tomorrow.” She answered and after that, I didn’t hear anything from her anymore.

      I can’t believe this… how can my mom and dad do this to me? I looked at the window and stared at the stars. While staring, Myungsoo suddenly popped out of my mind and slowly, a smile formed in my face. In a time like this, a best friend is the best to talk to. Should I call him? I stood up and grabbed my phone and was about to call him when I realized that I can just go to his house today since I don’t want to stay here right now. I immediately grabbed my coat and sneaked out of the house. I was walking when I saw a playground on my way to Myungsoo’s house. I decided to stop by that place and sat on the swing.

      “Haaaah~” I sighed.

      I can’t really understand why mom is doing this… does she really wants to expand our business using me? After some time, I realized that that night has gone deeper and it was already 9:00 in the evening. I decided to stand up and continue on going to Myungsoo’s house. I was walking with my head looking down but I was shocked when someone suddenly grabbed me by my arms and hugged me tight. I can hear this guy’s heart beating like crazy, I was just there, surprised by the sudden happenings.

      “What the are you doing in the streets?!” he asked angrily, his hands cupping my face.

      I was surprised to see him here.

      “K-kai…” I called.

      Yes, it’s Kai. It’s Kim Jongin.

      “Do you ing know that you were about to get hit by a car?!” he shouted but I remained silent as I look down. “If I wasn’t here, you could’ve been hit by that ing car!” he shouted again and hugged me tight. “Do you know I’ve been calling you all night?” he asked.

      I didn’t respond but instead I stood there, not moving. Kai lead me back to the playground where I was a moment ago and bought me a bottle of water.

      “Here,” he said, “You must be shocked.” He added.

      I just nodded and took the bottle from his grasp.

      “What brings you here in the street at this time?” he asked as he take a swing.

      “I have a big problem.” I exclaimed.

      “You what?” he asked, surprised.

      “I have a problem and I don’t know how to solve it.” I answered as I look down.

      Thinking about it makes me want to cry.

      “You’re not the only one.” Kai exclaimed. I looked at him and he was looking at the stars, “I just lost my beloved girlfriend and now, another problem has surfaced.” He chuckled, “Seriously, what’s wrong with my life?” his laugh was full of bitterness and I can feel that thinking about his problem makes him angry.

      “Hey, stop it.” I laughed, “You should be comforting me here and not adding your problems to me.” I nagged.

      “Oh, sorry.” he laughed.

      “By the way, why were you calling me?” I asked.

      “I just wanted to let you know that I can’t eat dinner with you.” He answered, I nodded and smiled, “That’s fine.”

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 17, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      After my small talk with Ayaka, I walked her to Myungsoo’s house since it was near to my destination. I was actually on my way to Sehun’s house when I saw Ayaka walking down in the streets. I didn’t want to stay at home so I decided to go to Sehun’s house and sleep there for a night.

      “Jongin-ah…”

      It’s already morning and I can feel the hot sun ray on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Sehun waking me up.

      “Your phone has been ringing for what feels like forever!” he nagged.

      I reached out for my phone and saw 15 missed calls from dad and then the realization hit me hard. Today is the day when I’m going to meet my… “!” I exclaimed and got up, “I’ll be going now!” I shouted at Sehun as I grab my coat and phone. “Thanks!” I muttered.

      I went out of Sehun’s house and called a taxi. I really don’t want to meet my ing fiancé but my dad threatened me that if I will not show up today, he will send me to Canada and he will make sure that I will rot in there and I don’t want that. I reached home in no time and saw mom waiting for me, she was wearing that fake smile of hers.

      “Oh, your dad has been calling you for many times now.” She smiled.

      Smile? What the is she smiling for?

      “Why are you here?” I asked coldly.

      The respect that she earned from me has vanished for a second because of this.

      “I came here for us to get ready to meet your fiancé.” She smiled.

      I just ignored her and went straight to my room. As I open my door, I saw all my things torn apart and then I remembered that I lost my temper last night and broke every single thing. I sighed and shook my head. Yeah, I broke everything because of anger.

      “What are you doing? You should be getting dressed now.” She nagged, “And what happened here?!” she asked, surprised.

      Instead of answering mom, I pushed her out of my room and locked it. I washed myself and quickly throw on my simple baby blue polo and navy blue tuxedo and slacks. Haah~ I hope this fiancé of mine is kind enough to disagree.

 

Pierre Gagnaire à Séoul, Seoul, South Korea

      Dad has reserved a table for us at a very luxurious French restaurant in Sogong-dong. We are already here, waiting for my “fiancé”, yeah tell me about it.

      “I’m very excited!” mom exclaimed happily.

      Excited you , tss. We waited there for 10 ing minutes and finally I saw a man and a woman entering the restaurant, they’re a tad bit familiar. It feels like I’ve seen them before. And when a familiar girl walked inside the restaurant and that moment is where everything fell into the right places. She was wearing a simple silky white dress that matches her simplicity. It’s my first time seeing her like this. See looks so beautiful and ladylike.

      “Kai?!” she asked, surprised, “What are you doing here?”

      “Surprise!” her mom exclaimed.

      “Surprise?!” Ayaka and I asked in unison.

      “Well Kai, let me introduce you to your fiancé… Lee Jiyeon.” Dad smiled.

      “Fiance?!” the both of us asked again.

      Can my parents get any crazier?!

      “Dad, what’s the meaning of this?!” Ayaka asked, turning to her dad.

      “Well, let’s sit first.” Her dad smiled.

      All of us sat down and settled.

      “As we all know, you and Kai are on a relationship with each other,” his dad started.

      Oh , they still believe that Ayaka and I are in a relationship. Argh, !

      “We met Kai at your birthday when he surprised you and then we found out that you two are a couple after Kai’s mom told us about it during one business meeting.”

      My mom can’t really shut , huh?

      “So since both of you love each other, why don’t we tie the knot and with that, both of you can help our respective companied be bigger.”

      What the actual ?!

      “Dad, we’re too young for this!” Ayaka retorted.

      I stared at Ayaka and smirked, fine, I’ll let her do the talking since that is where she’s good at.

      “Sweetie, there’s no such thing as ‘young’ for love, you know.” Mom smiled sweetly.

      My mom had gone crazy, I know. Ayaka glared at me and it seems like she’s giving me the ‘It’s-your-time-to-talk’ look but I just shrugged and smirked. Well, this thing isn’t that bad as I thought it would be.

      “Why are you making a big deal out of this Ayaka?” her mom exclaimed, “Kai is your boyfriend anyway.”

      I almost choked while Ayaka just shook his head.

      “Well fine,” her dad sighed, “Why don’t we put it this way? Let’s have a five month deal. Let’s have a sort of ‘dry-run’. We’ll let you guys be each other’s fiancé for five months and after that five months, if you still think that both of you are ‘young’ then we can call it off.” Her dad finished.

      Well, that’s quite nice. For the first time, I have a choice with this bull.

      “B-but—“ dad was about to argue when I decided to in.

      Having an option is better than no option at all. I know that if dad will speak, he will just make it worse, so… “Sounds good for me,” I smiled, agreeing.


Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,