[twenty-two] Hate.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 2, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      It has been two days since Ayaka was sent to the hospital. I wasn’t able to visit her again since I didn’t want Sooyeon to get mad at me. I constantly call Ayaka and yesterday, she told me that she was feeling better already. I just hope that she will get discharged as soon as possible.

      “Love, are you okay?” I was brought back to reality when Sooyeon spoke beside me.

      “Huh? Yeah,” I answered absentmindedly.

      “I'm sorry, it took me so long." she smiled as she sat beside me.

      We're here in the rooftop, where nobody can spy us.

      "No, it's okay." I smiled back.

      "Here, do you want some kimbap?" she asked as she try to put a kimbap in my mouth but I stopped her

      "Uhm, no. It's okay, I'm not hungry." I smiled awkwardly.

      I don’t really have any appetite right now. Maybe I’m just really concerned with Jiyeon.

      "Wait, you didn't eat breakfast too, right? What's wrong with you?" she asked as her brows started to clash.

      "I just don't have an appetite." I answered plainly.

      She sighed and crossed her arms, "Tell me, does this have something to do with Jiyeon being absent, huh?" she asked as she raise an eyebrow to me.

      I quickly shook my head, denying, "No, of course not! I don't care about her!" I exclaimed.

      "Oh really?’ Sooyeon asked, “Well, Jiyeon is already here. She's with Myungsoo."

      My face brightened up after hearing that Jiyeon is finally here. Good thing she's okay now.

      "I saw that." Sooyeon suddenly blurted out.

      "Saw what?" I asked.

      "I saw how your face brightened.” Sooyeon exclaimed, “So, my speculations are true, huh? You're worried about Jiyeon, that's why you don't have an appetite."

      Oh no, I think we're going to have fight again!

      "No, no!" I retorted.

      She stood up and so did I, ugh! What's wrong with her?!

      "Oh yeah?!” she shouted, “I know can feel everything, Kai! When we're together these past few days you're always spacing out and don't you think I don't feel that you're worried?” she asked as she glared at me, “Kai, stop acting!" she shouted.

      "How many times should I tell you that you're the one I love?!" I shouted back.

      "Oh really?! Then what is Jiyeon to you? Huh?" she asked, crossing her arms.

      Why is she getting jealous with Jiyeon when I’m showing her how much I love her?!

      "She's just my friend okay? She's helping me out, and so do you! So stop acting towards her." I told her.

      I’m a bit angry right now. Because I just can't understand why she's acting like this. Ayaka hasn’t been anything but kind to her and here she is, being jealous.

      "Kai, I'm doing my best not to act like a ! But I just can't help it!” she exclaimed, tears finally streaming down her eyes, “You're with her 24/7, your house is near from her and I know how close you are! You just knew her for the past few days but it seems like you've known each other for a lifetime!" she shouted.

      It hurts seeing Sooyeon cry but I need to let her know that what she’s doing right now is totally wrong. I just want to assure her that I am hers.

      "It's because I treat her as my best friend! You're my girlfriend, so please, don't be jealous okay?!" I exclaimed.

      Ugh! She's making no sense! Can't she understand that she's the one I love and I have no other woman?! She’s the only one I love and no one else. Ayaka is just my best friend and my buddy.

      "See?! This is your first time shouting at me! This is the first time you raising your voice!" she told me.

      "It's because you're shouting too and you're acting like a !" I shouted back.

      Oh no, did I just said that?!

      "? Yeah right, Kai." she smirked and left me there.

      Ah ! How can I say that?!

 

      Lunch time has passed and we're back to classes, and as usual, I'm alone since Sooyeon and I fought again. Ayaka on the other hand is nowhere to be found so I look like some retard here. I went back to our room and I was shocked to see two people in the dark room.

      “Make sure to drink your medicines. Don't be stubborn, okay?" the man smiled and I recognize him as Kim Myungsoo.

      Yes, it's Myungsoo and may I just ask, how the hell did he know that Ayaka was sick?! And what?! Is he making her drink medicines?! She have drug allergy!

      "I will, don't worry. Thanks Myung, you're the bestest friend that I ever had!" Ayaka chuckled.

      I thought she's smart? Then where did she learn the word 'bestest'?

      "I should get going." he said as he bid goodbye.

      I immediately hid myself and let him out of the room. As soon as I'm not seeing him anymore, I went inside the room and called Ayaka.

      “Ayaka," I called out.

      "Oh, hey." she smiled.

      Her lips weren’t pale anymore. Her face is more livelier and she looks more fresh and happy.

      "Ugh, about the—" I was about to apologize because I wasn’t able to be with her when she cut me off, " It's okay. I understand that you don’t want Sooyeon to get angry at you." she answered with a bright smile in her face.

      I smiled back and walked closer to her. I sat on her desk, "What happened to you anyway?" I asked.

      "Just stomach ache and high fever, nothing serious." she answered. "How have you been?" she asked, "Are you okay with Hyunjoo?" she added.

      "We were, but now, she’s angry again." I answered as I look down.

      "What happened now?" she asked curiously.

      "I called her a ." I answered, embarrassed.

      "You called her a what?!"

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      "What the heck is wrong with you?! You called your girlfriend a ?!" I asked, surprised.

      Seriously, I just want to kill him right now! How can he say that to a girl?!

      "I am just so angry that time! She's shouting and accusing me!" he defended.

      I can't help it that's why I hit his head, “Aaw!” he complained as he rub his head.

      "You're the guy! You should not start fights! Did she cry, huh?" I asked.

      I can’t understand this guy, really!

      "Uh-huh. she did." he answered.

      Seriously?!

      "And what did you do?" I asked.

      "I shouted." he answered back and I hit him again.

      Well, he deserves that, duh!

      "When you get into a fight with her, stop fighting. Hold her and hug her tight! That is what you should have done!" I exclaimed.

      "I didn't help you last time just to call her a , you know!" I told him.

      "I was defending you, dummy!" what the—he was defending me?

      "So you're telling me that I'm the reason why you fought?!" I asked as I stand up.

      "Yes, because she keeps on saying that you're the one that I love and not her." somehow, I felt an ache in my heart that caused me to lose my voice. I don’t know why, but I felt sad with what I heard.

      "Oh, uhm. Well, what happened here in school?" I asked awkwardly, trying to change the topic.

      I don’t want to hear anything about Sooyeon anymore. I don’t know but I suddenly felt like I hate her. This is my first time feeling this… first time hating a person.

      "You missed tons of exercises and quizzes." he answered.

      "And by the way, Ms. Yu already fixed the sitting arrangement for the rest of the school year."

      Really?!

      "What?! Where do I sit?!" I asked happily, thinking that I would leave this stinky sit of mine beside this monkey.

      "Here, right here.” He said as he pointed my old seat. “I told them not to change our seats anymore."

      My face fell down, crushing my hopes of getting away from him. Honestly, since the roller coaster ride with him, I just wanted to leave his side afraid of the new emotions that I’m feeling, emotions that I can’t explain myself; me, getting angry whenever he talks about Sooyeon… me, getting too tangled up with their relationship. It’s getting confusing, really.

      "And why did you do that?!" I asked.

      He didn't have the time to answer my question when our other classmates came in as well as our teacher, great timing. The class started and Mr. Lim just discussed about our lessons that made me bored. I can't even understand since I was absent for two days! I really need to cope up with my studies.

      After class, there is always a 5 minutes break before the second subject will start so I was just there sitting and texting Myung.

      "I will drink the medicines later. Hey, we should go together for lunch, okay?" I texted him.

      After some time he replied, "Okay Ji!" I smiled at his new nickname for me, ‘Ji’.

      You must be wondering how he knew about my condition. He actually went to my house because I was not responding to his calls and he found out that I was hospitalized because of eonni. So yeah, he's the one who was always there in my hospital room. He also made me less scared about hospitals and such. Also, he makes sure that I’m drinking the medicines that my doctor has prescribed me.

      "Smiling in your own, huh? Your fever made you insane?" Kai teased.

      I looked at him with pissed expression and rolled my eyes "Shut up!" I told him, irritated.

      I don't know why but I really despise him right now but sometimes, when he's not around, I kind of miss him.


Ephesians 4:31 - Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.