[seven] Couple phones.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – April 19, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Myungsoo dragged me outside the room and he told me to cut classes. I retorted so he decided to just eat with me at the cafeteria. We sat at the table near the window and ordered ourselves some food. I had Cheesecake and Iced Americano while he had Dark Chocolate cake and milk.

      “Why did you decide to treat me?” I asked him as I take a bite from my cheesecake.

      “I told you right? I need you to teach me how to play the piano.” He exclaimed.

      “But you can learn that from Ms. Bang.” I answered back.

      “Piano lessons are scheduled on December. I need to learn to play it before June.” He informed me.

      “And why is that?” I asked.

      “It’s a secret,” he sighed, his smile fading.

      I decided not to dig deeper but I also decided to decline.

      “I can’t teach you,” I told him, “I don’t give my hours for free, you have to pay them.” I joked but I didn’t expect him to believe what I said.

      “Deal,” he muttered, “I’ll pay you, how much?” he asked.

      “I’m just kidding,” I laughed.

      “But is it okay for you to teach me?” he asked and it seems like he badly want to learn how to play the piano. I don’t know his reason for wanting to learn but somehow, I wanted to help him.

      I smiled and nodded, “Yeah sure,” I answered.

      “Okay then,” he exclaimed happily, “How about tutorials every Tuesday? After class.”

      I nodded and smiled, “Deal,” I told him, “But as I’ve said, my time’s not for free.” I exclaimed.

      “Ayaka!” I heard someone shouted.

      I already know who that person is even without looking. Only one man calls me Ayaka here in Korea.

      I looked back and saw Kai on the way to our table. I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

      “What do you want?” I asked him.

      “I need you,” he blurted out, “Let’s go to the mall.”

      He held my hand and started dragging me. I looked back and saw Myungsoo with confused expression.

      “Sorry,” I mouthed to Myungsoo and he just nodded with a smile on his face.

      When we were out on the parking lot, I quickly punch Kai on his tummy.

      “Didn’t you see that I was with someone?” I asked him.

      This guy has no manners! How can he do that so shamelessly?!

      “I didn’t see anyone,” he exclaimed but I was pretty sure that he saw Myungsoo sitting in front of me.

      “The hell,” I mumbled under my breath.

      “Get in,” he instructed.

      “I still have class Kai,” I told him and was about to leave when he stopped me by holding my hand.

      “Come on Ayaka, help me buy a anniversary gift for Sooyeon.” He exclaimed.

      Anniversary gift?

      “Let me ask you Kai,” I told him and he stared at me, “Why do you always ask for my help?” I asked him.

      “It’s because you’re the only girl space friend that I have.” He exclaimed, emphasizing the space between girl and friend.

      I just rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

      “Plus, you still haven’t paid for what you’ve done to me in Japan.” He reminded me.

      Tss, he still haven’t moved on that yet?

      “Alright, but I’m just giving you two hours of my time.” I told him, “We still have quiz on Mathematics.” I muttered.

      He just nodded and went inside the car. I rolled my eyes, “He’s really not a gentleman,” I mumbled.

      Note to self: Teach Kai to be a gentleman.

      Kai drove the car himself and we went to the nearest mall.

      “I should buy her the most expensive thing that I should get.” He mumbled.

      I shook my head in disapproval.

      “So, what do you think should I give her?” he asked innocently.

      I tried hard to think and put my feet in the shoes of Sooyeon and thought of something that would really move me, until I remembered the scrapbook that my brother gave me as a Christmas present when I was fourteen.

      “Do you have pictures with her?” I asked him.

      “None.” He answered plainly.

      Wait what?!—“None?!” I asked, surprised.

      “Why are you so surprised?” he asked, clueless.

      “Oh come on!” I exclaimed, “She’s your girlfriend! You should have at least one picture with her.” I told him as I fan myself continuously.

      “I told you right?” he asked, “I’m forbidden to have a girlfriend and they’re against Sooyeon. Once they find out that I’m going out with her, they will be really mad.” He explained.

      “Aish!” I exclaimed, irritated, “Fine, I guess scrapbook won’t do.” I mumbled.

      I tried to think hard again and something popped to my mind.

      “Aha!” I exclaimed happily, “How about a date? She would surely love that!” I told him.

      “I can’t,” he answered, “I’ll be leaving for America. I’ll be staying there for a week.”

      I sighed. Is there anything that would work for this guy?

      “How about… a couple phone?” he asked and I turned to him with a bright smile on my face.

      “That’s a great idea!” I exclaimed.

      “Come on, time’s ticking.” He mumbled as he went out of the car.

      We went inside the mall and went to the place where they are selling phones.

      “Excuse me, do you have a couple phone?” I asked the saleslady.

      She smiled and showed me different kinds of models with different specs.

      “Kai, what do you want?” I asked him.

      “Blue and pink one,” he whispered.

      Tss, he’s probably shy because he told me that this would be his second time buying such things. First one is when we went to Times Square and now this.

      “We’ll take the blue and pink one.” I smiled to the saleslady.

      “Is this for the both of you? You suit each other,” the saleslady exclaimed.

      What?! I don’t suit him, you know! We’re far from that.

      “Oh no!” I exclaimed, “I’m just his friend,” I smiled embarrassedly.

      “Yah, Ayaka.” Kai called, “Here, pay for it. I’ll wait for you at the car.” he tossed his wallet and left me there.

      Tss, he sure have a short temper.

      Note to self: Teach Kai to have a long temper.

      I sure have many things to teach to that guy.

      I smiled at the saleslady and apologized, “I’m sorry,” I exclaimed, “That guy is a pain in the . Don’t mind him.” I exclaimed as I took the phones and paid for it.

      After buying, I quickly went back to the parking lot and saw Kai inside the car. I opened the door and went inside.

      “What took you so long?” he asked.

      Wow, did he just ask me that?! He should have thanked me at the very least! This ungrateful jerk! Well what would I expect from him? I just rolled my eyes heavenwards and gave him the phones and his wallet.

      “I picked the best one, master,” I exclaimed sarcastically.

      After that, Kai dropped me back to school while he cut his classes again. He said he’s going home since he still has things to do. Doesn’t he fail with what he’s doing? He rarely comes to class, he’s always late and he talks back to teachers! Tsk, tsk.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      “I’m home,” I greeted when I went inside the house.

      “Good afternoon young master,” Mr. Sung greeted me.

      What is Mr. Sung doing here? Because if he’s here, for sure dad is home too.

      “Is mom and dad home?” I asked.

      “Your mom is here as well as your sisters.”

      “Call me when noona leaves and tell my little Yeri to go to my room.” I told him and was about to go upstairs when somebody spoke. A voice that I haven’t heard in ages.

      “So, you don’t want me here, huh?”

      I looked at the direction of the kitchen and saw Soeun-noona and Yeri.

      It has been years since I last saw Soeun-noona. She has this beautiful wavy brown hair just like mine, eyes that she inherited from my mom, nose that is so tall and her lips that she shares with my little sister, Yeri. She is four years older than me and we don’t get along very well. She left home when she was eighteen. I don’t know why she left but because of what she did, my family has been a mess. Maybe that’s the reason why I hate her so much. I blame her for what happened to our family.

      Yeri on the other hand is three years younger than me. She also have the same wavy brown hair just like Soeun-noona. Her eyes are the ones that she inherited from dad and her beautiful skin from my mom. I always protected her from any harm that comes her way. In such an early age, her eyes were open to the mess of our family. When Yeri turned thirteen, my older sister took her and decided to let her live with her. My older sister was already twenty years old that time and she could already provide herself with her needs. I guess that’s another reason why I hate noona. It’s because she took my little sister away from me. I always loved Yeri and I was devastated when both of them left me under my mom and dad. Why can’t noona just take me with her too?

      “Oppa!” Yeri exclaimed as she ran towards me and hugged me tight.

      “I missed you.” I told her.

      “Yeah, it has been weeks! The last time I saw you was at the airport.” She smiled.

      “Yeri, come on,” Soeun-noona called her, “Let’s help mom in the kitchen.”

      “Go, I’ll be going downstairs soon.” I told Yeri and she just nodded.

      I went upstairs and went straight to my room. I fixed my things and looked at the phone that Ayaka bought.

      I immediately opened it and saved some pictures on it. I decided to put Sooyeon’s picture as my wallpaper while I put my picture as her wallpaper. This would be my first time doing this and suddenly, I felt relieved. It feels like I’m so free to express my love for her.

      I put the phones at the end side of my table beside my bed and decided to take a shower.

      It took me a minute or two to take a shower. After that, I went outside but I was shocked to see my mother holding the couple phones that I’ve bought.

      “What is the meaning of this?!”


New Characters;

     

Kim Soeun
23 years old
Kai's older sister
CEO at Magnifique&Jolie Clothings

 

     

Kim Yerim | Yeri
16 years old
11th grade at Jeonghwan All-girls High School
Kai's little sister


John 14:15 - If you love me, you will keep my commandments.