[twenty] Sweet dreams.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 29, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      When I was young, my family and I would always go to the theme park to have fun. We would go there at least once a month. It is our way of bonding and it was always a fun time. Now that I’m seeing theme parks again, it brings back good memories.

      But I just can’t believe what Kai said. He said it’s his first time! I wonder what he did with his family when he was younger.

      When we went inside the park, we quickly went to the souvenir shop and bought some hats that I think are cool! I always wore Minnie Mouse ears whenever I go to theme parks. It’s my favorite one.

      "Are you sure? I don't want to wear this!" Kai exclaimed as he remove the Mickey Mouse ears from his head.

      "Come on, don't be such a silly ! Wear it!" I told him.

      I quickly put the ears in place and chuckled.

      “It suits you!” I joked and he just rolled his eyes at me.

      We strolled the park and I showed him the rides that I know he will enjoy. I was showing him the Conquistador when he finally liked to try a ride, "Let's try that one!" he told me happily as he point the French Revolution.

      I just nodded and we rode it together, with our hands intertwined. The ride went up and I don't know what I'm feeling, my heartbeat was raising and I felt a bit dizzy maybe because of this ride! I was startled when the ride fell.

      "Ahhhhh!" I shouted but even though I was in the middle of screaming, I clearly heard what Kai shouted.

      "Park Sooyeon!!!!!!"

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt numb. I didn’t feel scared with the ride anymore. I was just looking at Kai the whole time, without even knowing if I'm scared. I know I am scared but I didn't feel it, instead, I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

      “That was great!” Kai exclaimed when the ride ended.

      I didn’t respond and I just went off the ride quickly. The time went by pretty quickly and we rode every single ride that we can. I didn't enjoy the rides today but good thing Kai enjoyed it. Normally, I love going to parks but I guess, not today.

      We were lying at the garden, just near the park that we visited. It's already night time and we were just sitting at the grass, looking at the night sky.

      "My parents do know your family, huh?" he asked out of the blue.

      "I'm not surprised.” I told him, “I just remember a moment ago that I actually know your sister." I answered.

      "Sister? Who?" He asked as he turned to me.

      "The older one,” I answered, “I guess her name is Soeun." I told him.

      "Yeah, how did you know?" he asked, surprised.

      "I always see her when there's a business gathering in Japan." I answered.

      "I guess I'm just the only one who doesn't know you." he chuckled.

      I was about to answer him when the rain started to pour.

      "It's raining!" I exclaimed, surprised.

      We ran back to the car together but as soon as we reach the car, we were already soaking wet. Yeah right, tell me about it.

      "Haha! This is the happiest day so far!" he exclaimed as he laughed out loud.

      It is for you, but not for me.

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 31, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      It’s Monday today and I decided to go to school with Ayaka. Well, I kind of miss her because we didn’t see each other yesterday. I think they’re not around yesterday since the lights in their house are off.

      I went to Ayaka’s house and quickly rang the doorbell. I was expecting Ayaka to open the door since she is a light sleeper but instead, it is Keiko-noona who opened it.

      “Good morning noona. I’m here to accompany Ayaka.” I smiled.

      “Uhm, actually…” noona exclaimed, her face worried, “Ayaka’s sick since yesterday and she doesn’t want to go to the hospital.” She told me, “Maybe you can talk to her.”

      Is this because of the rain last time? I just hope Ayaka’s fine. I quickly went to her room and found her sleeping with her blanket covering her. And say what?! Her air conditioner is still on! I went beside her and tried to wake her up by tapping her flushed cheeks.

      .”Ayaka… come on, you should go to the hospital or at least drink your medicine.” I told her.

      She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me.

      “You’ll be late…” she muttered, “You should go now.”

      She tried to get up and force me out of her room but I held her arms and let her lean on my chest.

      “I won’t leave,” I exclaimed.

      She didn’t even have enough strength to push me so she stayed like that, leaning on my chest.

      “You should at least drink your medicine if you don’t want to go to the hospital.” I told her but she just shook her head, saying no.

      “I can’t,” she answered, her voice raspy.

      “And why not?” I asked her.

      I can feel how high her fever is, I can even fry an egg on her forehead!

      “She can’t drink medicine.” Noona exclaimed as she went inside the room.

      She can’t drink medicine?

      “She have drug allergy and she can’t just drink any medicine without the prescription of her doctor.” Noona informed me.

      “Drug allergy?” I asked.

      Is there such thing?

      “She’ll have rashes and difficulty in breathing if she drinks a medicine that is not suitable for her.” Noona explained. “Maybe I should take a leave from my work first.” Noona muttered.

      She was about to go to the phone when Ayaka spoke up.

      “No need eonni,” Ayaka said, “I’m going to be fine. You can go to your work now.” She tried hard to smile at her older sister.

      “I can look after her, don’t worry.” I presented and noona just responded with a worried smile.

      “I think Kai can handle her,” I didn’t notice that Seojoon-hyung was actually outside the room, by the door.

      Noona sighed and turned to me, “Okay, just call me when something’s wrong.” She told me. “Kai, let me tell you something.” Noona muttered as she asked me to leave the room.

      The three of us left the room and noona closed Ayaka’s door.

      “Ayaka is really scared of hospitals and doctors so it would be hard for her to be admitted to the hospital. You just need to monitor her fever all day since you can’t give her any medicines. Just give her a sponge bath when her fever doesn’t die down.” She told me, “But if she is really burning with fever, try your hardest to bring her to the hospital.”

      I nodded and smiled, “Don’t worry noona, I will take care of her.”

      “Sorry if she’s stubborn.” Noona told me.

      “No, it’s fine.” I smiled.

      Noona and hyung immediately left after bidding goodbye to Ayaka. I went to her bed and sat beside her.

      “Are you okay?” I asked her.

      “I think I got this fever when I didn’t get enough sleep, the tiredness when we went to the theme park plus the rain.” She mumbled.

      “I’m sorry.” I apologized.

      “Don’t be,” she smiled, “I just have low immune system.” She told me.

      “Wait here, I’ll just give you a sponge bath.” I told her and left her room.

      I went to the kitchen and got cold water and put it in the basin. I was about to head back up when my phone rang and I saw Sooyeon’s name on the screen.

      I quickly answered it, “Hello, Soo?” I greeted.

      “Kai, you’re late! Where are you?” she asked.

      “Uhm…” I mumbled, “I won’t be in school today. Something came up.” I told her.

      “What? What happened?” she asked worriedly.

      Ugh, I think I need to lie to her this time because I know for sure she’ll get mad when she learns that I’m nursing Ayaka. We only reconciled yesterday and I don’t want to fight with her again!

      “Uhm…” I mumbled again, “My mom’s here and she wants us to bond together.” I answered.

      I hope she takes my bait.

      “Oh, is that so?” she asked, “Okay, see you after class.”

      “Sure, bye!” I exclaimed as I hang up.

      I went back upstairs and opened Ayaka’s door. I went inside and saw Ayaka sleeping peacefully. I went beside her bed and took the chair and sat beside her. I woke her up and smiled, “Let me give you a sponge bath.” I told her.

      I helped her sit up and lean her head by the head board of her bed. I’m really worried right now because her fever’s really high! I soaked the face towel on the cold water and squeezed it to remove the excess water. I slowly wipe her face with the towel and then I wipe her arms with it too.

      “I didn’t know you could do this.” She smiled, “Thank you.”

      “Of course, it’s my responsibility to take a good care of my girlfriend.” I told her jokingly.

      After dabbing her with the towel, I tucked her back in her bed and pat her head.

      “Go back to sleep now and rest.” I told her and I was about to leave when Ayaka stopped me by holding my hand.

      “No,” she exclaimed, “Stay here. I’m afraid,”

      I smiled and sat beside her bed. I’ve never seen Ayaka in this state. Seeing her like this makes me want to protect her. I never thought that I could see her without shouting at her like we usually do.

      “Okay, I’ll stay.”

      “I’m sorry,” she apologized. “It’s just that I always have nightmares whenever I’m sick.” She muttered.

      “It’s okay.” I smiled.

      I don’t know with myself but suddenly, I found myself lying beside Ayaka in her bed.

      “Sweet dreams.” I whispered to her ears.


Habakkuk 2:2 - And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.