[thirty-seven] Love and Protect.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Tongyeong, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea – June 28, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It has been hours since the game has ended and Kai and Gayoung won first place. Gayoung was very happy and I think she’s open to forgiving Kai and I’m really happy about it. Gayoung told me that Kai is really a gentleman especially when she tripped inside the forest. Right now, I’m waiting for Kai to show up here in the garden. I asked him to talk because I just can’t stand to be angry with him anymore and I know that he is really regretful with what he did.

      “Ayaka,” someone called.

      I looked back and saw Kai walking towards me.

      “Kai,” I called.

      He smiled at me. I was about to say something when he cut me in and started talking.

      “I’m sorry,” he started, “I really am. I listened to what Sooyeon said without even hearing your stand. It’s very wrong of me to judge you just because I’ve known you for a quiet small time but I just realized that you will never hurt the people around you because you’re a person like that. You’re too good,” he chuckled, “I’m really sorry for everything that I’ve said. I’ve been a jerk and I know that I’ve hurt you so much but please forgive me. I am too blinded with the love I have for Sooyeon but don’t worry,” he muttered, “I also love you.”

      I stared at him and smiled. Our friendship surely developed in a small amount of time but in that small amount of time, we developed great bond. I treasure Kai very much that’s why I was really hurt when he told me that I was just his ‘fake’ girlfriend and fiancé. After he said that, I thought that maybe I was the only one thinking of him as a friend. I was really hurt after we fought but good thing that he showed how remorseful he is, especially when he sent those medicines for me.

      “You’re my only girl best friend and I treasure you very much. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to see it sooner.” He sighed and went close to me, holding my hand, “I’m so sorry Ayaka.”

      I squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

      “I forgive you Kai,” I told him, making him smile. “I know you didn’t mean it and I just hope that you won’t do it again.” I told him.

      “I will not make the same mistake again,” he smiled and quickly pulled me into a hug, “I missed you Ayaka,” he whispered into my ears.

      I quickly punched his tummy playfully and glared at him, “Did you really miss your ‘fake’ girlfriend and fiancé?” I asked.

      “I’m really sorry,” he frowned, “I know my words hurt you but trust me, you’re my true best friend.” He winked.

      I just laughed at him and hugged him back. Oh, how I miss this guy.

      “I missed you too Kim Jongin,” I muttered.

      “I missed you Ayaka Lee.” Kai whispered to me.

      After we reconciled, Kai and I went back to the hall. It’s already time for bed time and we’re here, ready to part our ways.

      “See you tomorrow,” I told him.

      “I’m sorry, again,” he exclaimed while I laughed.

      Seriously, he has been apologizing for the nth time already and I just can’t help but laugh.

      “It’s already okay, Jongkai.” I teased, making him laugh.

      “Go in now and have a good night sleep.” He told me.

      “Good night Kai,” I told him.

      “Good night Ayaka.” He smiled while he watched me leave.

      I waved at him one last time and finally left.

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 30, 2016

      It’s already the 30th of June and finally it’s summer vacation! I’ll be leaving Korea on the 2nd of July and I’m just super excited to see my family again and just basically enjoy Japan!

      “Ayaka, breakfast’s ready!” I heard Keiko-eonni’s voice from outside of my door.

      I quickly tied my hair into a bun and shouted back, “Coming eonni!” I went outside my room but I was shocked when Kai greeted me with a warm smile.

      “Good morning Ayaka!” he greeted as he placed his arms around my shoulders.

      “Good morning,” I smiled as we both went down.

      “So are you guys okay now?” Seojoon-oppa asked as soon as he saw us going down the stairs.

      “This guy right here already apologized so we’re good,” I answered and oppa just nodded.

      “Why did you even fight in the first place?” eonni asked as she laid down our food.

      “Somethings,” Kai answered for me.

      We sat down in front of the dining table and started eating. We’re having American breakfast for today and I just love eonni’s pancakes, it’s my favorite. The only syrup I put on my pancakes is chocolate syrup. I never liked honey, I don’t know why. I also love to put some whipped cream and strawberries on my pancake.

      “You’ll be leaving for Japan in days, who will send you to the airport?” eonni asked, “I can’t go with you since I’m really busy with the orphanage.”

      “Oppa, are you busy on the 2nd of July?” I asked, hoping that he could send me to the airport.

      “I am, I’m sorry.” He muttered, “My mom will be coming here in Seoul from Busan.”

      “Oh, it’s fine.” I muttered, “Maybe I’ll just go alone.” I told them.

      “I’ll go with you,” Kai blurted out.

      All of us looked towards him and he was smiling warmly.

      “On the second thought, I will go with you to Japan. Is that okay?” he asked.

      Wait, what?

      “What… I… Ugh…” I was at loss of words. I don’t know, I mean…

      “That’s great!” eonni beamed, “Go with her to Japan. You will surely love it there!” she exclaimed happily, encouraging Kai.

      “What?” I asked.

      “Don’t you want me to go with you?” Kai asked with his oh-so-famous smirk.

      This guy seriously loves to kid around me.

      “No, of course not! I want you to go with me,” I muttered, barely whispering the last part.

      “Great, I’ll tell mom that the both of you will be going there so that they will be able to prepare a room for Kai.” Eonni smiled.

      We were on the middle of conversation when my phone rang and saw Myungsoo’s name flickering on my screen. I quickly answered it and smiled as soon as he greeted me.

      “Good morning Ji!” he exclaimed enthusiastically.

      “Myung, what’s up?” I asked with a smile on my face.

      As soon as I said the name ‘Myung’, Kai eventually turned to me and glared. I don’t know but he always glare whenever he hear Myungsoo’s name. Are they in a bad term?

      “Oh! Yes, I’ll be leaving for Japan this 2nd of July. How about you, when are you leaving?” I asked as I stood up and went to the living room.

      “I’ll be leaving for Japan on the 6th of Japan. I hope to see you there.” He smiled.

      “Of course,” I answered happily, “I’ll show you many good places there just call me!” I exclaimed.

      “Sure! See you in Japan, Ji!” he muttered.

      “See you in Japan, Myung!”

      He hung up as he bid goodbye. I just can’t wait to be back in Japan and spend quality time with my family, especially mom! I went back to the dining table and Kai was still glaring at me and I don’t know the reason why.

      “Who was it?” eonni asked.

      “It’s just Myungsoo,” I smiled.

      “I’m really curious about that guy, I hope to meet him soon.” Eonni smiled.

      “I’ll make him come here some time.” I told her with a bright smile in my face.

      “Ayaka, Chanyeol and Sehun asked me to go to the bar tonight. Do you want to go with us?” Kai asked out of the blue.

      “What?” I asked, surprised. I mean, I’m just surprised because he’s asking this out of the blue and in front of my sister! My mom never liked me to go to those places and going there has traumatized me already.

      “Uhm… I…” I don’t know what to say because after all that happened between me and that Jimin-guy, my view about bars has been destroyed. I don’t want to go there anymore because I don’t want those bad things to happen to me again.

      “You can go Jiyeon,” eonni smiled at me, “You’re already mature enough to handle yourself.” Eonni added as she stands up to clean her plate.

      “So, are you coming?” Kai asked, hope in his voice.

      “Uhm… I don’t know.” I muttered.

      “If you’re thinking about what happened last time, you should stop thinking about it.” He told me, as if he can read my mind, “I’m here… Chanyeol and Sehun are there as well. We won’t let anything bad happen to you.” He assured me.

      “But I…” I muttered, thinking of something to reason out.

      “I’ll protect you,”

      I stared at his eyes and I can see how sincere he is while saying those words. Kai will protect me… why should I fear when he’s here?

      “Ugh… fine,” I finally exclaimed, “But I’ll take Gayoung with me.” I told him and he just nodded with an assuring smile.

 

      It’s already night time and we’re going to the bar right now. Gayoung already said that she will come with us and that she’s excited to meet Kai’s friends. But right now, I can’t understand Kai! I mean, he’s over-protective!

      “What the hell are you wearing?!” he shouted as soon as he saw me coming down from the stairs.

      “What? What’s wrong with my clothes?” I asked.

      I’m wearing a simple fitted navy blue dress and a stiletto. I don’t know what’s wrong with my clothes but I sure know that I look decent.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      Chanyeol and Sehun asked me to go with them to the bar tonight and I know that after everything that had happened between me and Ayaka, we need a space and happiness. I asked her to come with us so that she can relax before she leaves for Japan. I also know that she had developed a trauma whenever going to the bar but she doesn’t need to be afraid especially when I am here. Especially now that Chanyeol and Sehun are with us, I mean, those two are as equally protective of Ayaka even though they are not very close. Sehun has a crush on Ayaka while Chanyeol wants her to be his friend so he values her as well.

      “Where’s that girl?” I asked, feeling impatient.

      Half an hour had already passed and Ayaka is still not done preparing. Until finally, I saw her coming down the stairs, she was wearing a fitted navy blue dress and high heels. She looks decent and presentable but the way the dress hugged her curves, many guys will surely look her way and think about bad things to do to her. I just hope that nothing happens tonight.

      “What the hell are you wearing?!” I shouted.

      “What? What’s wrong with my clothes?” she asked, clueless.

      Seriously, this girl doesn’t know what she does to people. Even though she’s wearing decent clothes, people will still look at her with lust especially with her perfect body and I don’t want that to happen.

      “Change that or we’re not going,” I muttered.

      “What do you want me to wear, jumpers and sweats?!” she asked, irritated.

      Argh, seriously!

      “Fine! Stay here,” I told her.

      I quickly went upstairs and grabbed my black leather jacket from upstairs. I went down and quickly laid the jacket on her shoulders.

      “Don’t show your curves too much,” I mumbled under my breath and quickly went outside the house.


2 Corinthians 4:8-9 - We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.