[fifty] Desperation & more nightmares.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – August 22, 2017

PARK SOOYEON

      I stared at Kai who is currently staring intently at the other bed. I felt this pain in my chest creeping up my heart. I felt that same pain when I broke up with Kai and it just shatters my whole heart and soul. It just pains me to see him looking at other woman other than me.

      “Kai,” I exclaimed as I caught his attention.

      He looked at me while I stared at him. I begged with my eyes, telling him to stay with me. I begged him to stay by my side and never leave.

      “Y-yes?” he asked.

      “Please stay beside me,” I exclaimed, finally finding the strength in my voice. Good thing that my voice didn’t betray me, “I’m alone.” I added.

      Kai, please don’t leave me. I can’t take this pain anymore. Just seeing you with Jiyeon makes my heart crush into pieces. Kai took a peek at Jiyeon's bed and held my hands, giving me big hope. Is he going to stay with me? I felt my face lighten up and I felt the happiness that was long gone came rushing back into my heart.

      “Wait here.” He smiled and left.

      I don’t know where Kai went but I know for sure that he will stay beside me. Well, to be honest, I sprained my ankle on purpose. I was so desperate a moment ago. I wanted to talk to him so badly, have a small time with him and just spend the whole day with him but my tongue got all tangled up and I couldn’t speak up. I’m still embarrassed with what I did last time and my ego got the best of me, that’s why I can’t even say a single apology.

      “Are you okay Ms. Park?” the nurse asked and I just nodded.

      I smiled at the nurse but it soon fade out when I saw Minho rushing towards my side. I don’t know why, but I felt like somebody already told me what Kai was about to say. I felt that pain again and I was trying hard not to cry.

       “K-kai,” I called out, stuttering.

      “I can't look after you.” he exclaimed, getting my heart crash into pieces. He can’t? Or he won’t? “Ayaka needs me and I need to be by her side but don’t worry, I called Minho to take care of you." he smiled as he left my side.

      I felt that painful tug in my heart and I couldn’t help my tears to flow down my eyes. I quickly grabbed my things and limped away from the clinic. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice that Minho followed me. Minho grabbed my arms and I quickly landed on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my figure and caressed my hair.

      “Ssh,” he hushed, “It’s okay, it’s going to be okay.” He muttered.

      “Is leaving him the right thing to do, Minho?” I sobbed.

      He didn’t answer me but instead, he cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

      “Rest now, yeah?” he smiled.

      He went in front of me and kneeled down, his back facing me.

      “Get on,” he commanded, “We don’t want your ankle get more swollen.”

      I didn’t object and did as he said. I got on his back and he started walking.

      “Minho,” I called out.

      “Yes?” he asked.

      “Thank you,” I mumbled.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      We went home after school. Kai and I went the same way since we actually live in one house, Chanyeol and Sehun went on their own ways which I mean is the club while Gayoung stayed in school since she still got some works to do. After getting home, Kai and I ate eonni’s prepared food and went to do our individual things since no one’s home but us. Eonni is with oppa, and I bet that they’ll be back tomorrow afternoon. I went inside my room and was shocked to see Kai sitting so comfortably on my bed, watching the television.

      “And what do you think you’re doing here?” I asked as I crossed my arms.

      “Let me sleep here,” he pouted.

      I rolled my eyes and tried to push him out of my room, “Your aegyo won’t work on me Kim Jongin.” I exclaimed, “We’re the only ones here, people might misunderstand.”

      I don’t know why but Kai suddenly smiled slyly at me.

      “Oh don’t worry Jiyeon-ah, I will not do anything to you.”

      What he said quickly gave me goosebumps. I know where he’s heading and he’s such a ert! This guy is seriously mental!

      “Shut up and don’t even think about saying it!” I shouted.

      “I’m just kidding,” he laughed as he lay down on my bed, “Let me sleep here. I’m going to have nightmares again.”

      Nightmares, seriously?!

      “Kai, that excuse is getting old you know," I told him as I rolled my eyes heavenwards.

      Can’t he think of a more believable excuse than just nightmares?!

      “Still, I'm sleeping here,” he exclaimed but before he can get cozy on my bed, I pushed him out of my bed and dragged him out.

      “Sleep in your own room!” I shouted as I closed the door to his face.

      “I hate you Lee Jiyeon!” he shouted on the other side of the door.

      That guy seriously acts like this house is his. I feel so tired today, there are so many things that happened and I’m just happy to be taking a good rest now. I laid myself on my bed and just stared on the ceiling. Honestly, these past few days are strange. I mean I know Kai is just being a good friend, he's protective and clingy. He also did that to Sooyeon and sometimes, he even get protective with Gayoung but the thing that is strange is me... I always give meaning to the little things that he does—from the sweet smiles up to the strong gestures just like what happened today. He took care of me and made sure that I’m happy. I don’t know if I’m just thankful or it’s something else. There’s also this time when he gave me the ring.

      “Haah.” I sighed as I stared at the ring that Kai gave.

      I just felt so special when Kai gave me the ring but I know that I shouldn’t, because I know that it’s all a play—everything’s fake. I don’t know what’s happening now and I just hate myself for giving so much meaning to everything... because I know that deep inside, there's something for Kai that is growing and if that thing grows more, I know that I'll just hurt myself. This weird feeling started when I saw him cried, when Sooyeon broke up with him. It was the first time that I saw a guy cried, and for a very deep reason. It moved me to my core and I realized that Kai acts like he doesn't need anyone, doesn't need anything but the whole sad truth is that, he's fragile and he's embracing himself with ego and pride. From that day on, I wanted to protect Kai. I wanted to let him know that there is someone, someone who will not leave him—a great friend… someone like me. But I should've known better that I will just fall for his trap... that I will just fall for him. In these past few days, I tried convincing myself that I’m not falling for him but Kai is making me fall deeply. I don't want to fall for him because he still loves Sooyeon for sure. She is his greatest love anyway. For now, I’ll try my best to contain my feeling.

 

      I don’t know how many hours have passed since I laid there and got my good night’s sleep, but I was startled by my own nightmare in the middle of the night. It was just a typical nightmare that anyone could dream off. I decided to get out of my room since I felt too stuffy. I looked at my clock and saw that it was only 2:00 in the morning. I quickly head down to drink some water to refresh my parched throat but on my way, I heard some voice as I passed by Kai’s room.

      “Aaah!”

      Is that.... Kai? Well, we’re the only ones here. I bet it’s him. I went beside his door and slowly opened his door. He was panting hard and sitting up bolt on his bed, his face buried on his palms.

      “.” he cursed.

      Is he really having... nightmares just like what he said? Is he still dreaming about Sooyeon? I hope not. I slowly closed the door again and sighed.

      “Kai,” I mumbled.

      I just hope that he is getting over everything. Besides, it has been months since Sooyeon broke up with him. I quickly went downstairs to get water and as I was drinking, I noticed the little chimes in the window and a crazy idea popped out of my mind—dream catchers.

 

Seoul, South Korea – August 27, 2016

      It has been days since that night, the night when I saw Kai having nightmares. And for the whole week, he was always having nightmares. I would always here him pant hard and sometimes scream in his sleep in the middle of the night. And today, I decided to do my plan.

      “Gayoung-ah, what color does blue fits with, hmm?” I asked.

      Gayoung and I are actually in the craft store today to buy some things.

      “You're buying some yarn? Why?” she asked.

      “Hey, just answer me, yeah?” I asked as I picked out the blue yarn.

      “White suits it." she answered back as she gave me a questionable look.

      White? Yeah, why didn't I think of that? I happily grabbed the white yarn and headed to the feathers and beads. I just hope that my dream catcher will be successful.

      “Wait, what will you do with those?” Gayoung suddenly asked.

      I smiled at her and showed her the materials.

      “I'm going to make a dreamcatcher.” I answered back as I picked more feathers and beads that would go with my dreamcatcher.

      “Dreamcatcher? Why, have you caught nightmares lately?” she asked as she helped me pick some feathers.

      “No.” I answered.

      “Then whose it for?” she asked.

      This girl seriously has so many questions!

      “Kai constantly have nightmares and I thought of helping him.” I answered while Gayoung gave me a meaningful look.

      “Kai?” she asked.

      I stopped searching for the feathers and looked at her, “Yeah,” I answered back with a smile on my face.

      “Jiyeon, I just noticed... you've been very interested in Kai lately.” She stated as she eyed me, “You always tell me things about Kai—what you two are doing, what he's doing or just random stuffs. Tell me I'm wrong, but...” Gayoung hesitated and I smiled at her and urged her to continue.

      “But what?” I asked.

      “Do you like him?” she asked.

      What?! I almost choked even though I wasn’t eating something.

      “Hell no!” I answered back defensively.

      Gayoung gave me the look and crossed her arms, “No?” she asked, “Then why are you blushing?” she smirked, teasing me.

      “Yah... I'm not...” I muttered as I tried to cover my face.

      “Yeah?” Gayoung taunted, “Jiyeon, I'm your best friend.” She stated as a matter of fact, “And I can tell if you're lying or not.” she told me and raised an eyebrow to me.

      Ugh... “I tell you, I'm not.” I told her and pouted.

      “I'm just making sure Jiyeon-ah, I don't want you to get hurt.” she told me and smiled, leaving me there dumbfounded.

      As she left, I sighed. If you just know Gayoung-ah...


1 John 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.