[fifteen] Dinner.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 16, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      “Have dinner with us, Kai.” Ayaka’s sister told me.

      I suddenly felt anxious. I never met her family before even though I’ve been inside this house for plenty of times already. I looked at Ayaka and she just shook her head.

      “I’ll be upstairs.” She whispered to me, “I’ll just change clothes.” She announced.

      “Hey, wait!” I exclaimed but she eventually left.

      “Let’s talk,” I looked at the man and just nodded.

      I’m guessing this is Ayaka’s brother. Wait, does she have a brother?

      The man led me to the living room and we sat down on the couch.

      “Let me introduce myself first.” he muttered, “I’m Go Seojoon, Keiko’s boyfriend.”

      Oh, so he’s not Ayaka’s brother?

      “Nice to meet you sir,” I greeted politely.

      “So tell me,” he said as he crossed his arms, “What’s your relationship with Jiyeon?” he asked.

      I knew he would ask questions like this.

      “Uhm…” I mumbled, “We’re dating but she’s still not yet my girlfriend.” I answered.

      “So you like our Jiyeon.” He mumbled.

      “Our Jiyeon”? It seems like he is really close with Ayaka by the way he is talking.

      “Yes sir,” I answered back.

      “Man to man,” he said, “Don’t you ever hurt Jiyeon or I’ll make sure the sun will never rise for you.” He warned.

      He suddenly smiled and offered his hand. I took it and shook it and smiled back at him.

      “You can count on me sir.” I told him.

      “Drop the sir,” he told me as he let go of my hands, “Call me hyung. Anyway, where do you live?” he asked me.

      “Just across the street,” I answered back.

      We started our conversation, talking about guy stuff when Ayaka went to our side.

      “I guess you guys are having a fun time.” She muttered.

      “You never told me that this boyfriend of yours is into archery.” Seojoon-hyung exclaimed.

      We actually talked about hobbies and I found out that Seojoon-hyung loves archery as much as I do.

      “Oppa, he’s not my boyfriend,” Ayaka muttered. “Yet,” she continued.

      “Food’s served!” we heard Ayaka’s sister shouting from the dining room.

      “Come on, let’s go and eat.” Ayaka told us.

      “Go ahead, we’ll go after you.” Seojoon-hyung said.

      “Keiko-chan might get mad, you know.” Ayaka muttered.

      Seojoon-hyung quickly stood up, “I told you we should get going.” He coughed awkwardly that caused us to laugh.

      I guess he’s under Ayaka’s sister.

      Seojoon-hyung went ahead of us, leaving me and Ayaka alone.

      “He loves your sister so much, huh?” I asked Ayaka and she nodded with a smile in her face, “Yeap, that’s how she loves Keiko-chan.”

      We went to the dining room, a table full of food welcoming us. We started eating in silence when Ayaka’s sister broke the ice.

      “So,” Ayaka’s sister started, “What’s your name again?” she asked.

      “Kim Jongin or you can call me Kai, ma’am.” I answered, using honorifics.

      “So tell me,” she said, “What’s your relationship with Ayaka?”

      I cleared my throat and put on my façade.

      “I’m courting your sister, ma’am.” I answered, “She has yet to answer me.”

      “Good thing you haven’t gone full extreme yet.” She mumbled under my breath. “I just hope that you will take care of my little sister. Don’t hurt her or I’ll let Joon and Ken-oppa to kill you.” She threatened.

      “Ken?” I asked.

      “It’s my brother.” Ayaka answered.

      So she does have a brother.

      “When the two of you makes it official, tell me first.” She told me.

      “Yes ma’am.” I answered back.

      “Don’t call me ma’am, I feel old.” She muttered, “I prefer you calling me noona.”

      She finally smiled, relieving me. After that the air finally becoming at ease, we started talking about things. We talked about our family and I also found out that Keiko-noona is an adopted child but it doesn’t seem so because they are really close with each other. We laughed and talked the whole night. It was a great time with Ayaka’s family and I’m grateful to meet them.

      “Anyway Kai,” Keiko-noona smiled at me, “Come here again at the 20th.” She told me.

      “20th?” I asked.

      “It’s Ayaka’s birthday, don’t you know?” she asked me, surprised.

      I quickly shook my head, “I know!” I exclaimed.

      Seojoon-hyung laughed, “Kei, you’re scaring him.”

      “Anyway, come okay?” Keiko-noona asked me and I nodded with a smile on my face.

      “Of course,” I smiled back.

      “Ayaka, you should invite your friends to come over for dinner.”

      Ayaka nodded, “I already asked Gayoung and Myungsoo.” She said, “I only have three visitors so no need to throw a big party for me.”

      The dinner finished after we ate everything. I didn’t go home yet and stayed at their house. I am here at the terrace of Ayaka’s room.

      “Aren’t you going home yet?” she asked me.

      “I don’t want to, yet.” I answered, “My parents are home. I’m waiting for them to fall asleep.” I answered.

      “Is that so?” she mumbled.

      “Why didn’t you tell me that your birthday is on the 20th?” I asked her.

      “I know you don’t care so I decided not to invite you.” She said.

      Did she just say that?!

      “What do you mean I don’t care?” I asked her.

      “I heard you and Sooyeon that you will have a date on that day and you will go to Namsan.” She told me.

      Then I suddenly remembered that I promised Sooyeon that I’ll be going on a date with her on Friday. Oh right!

      “I know you can’t go so I didn’t bother asking you to come to my birthday.” She told me.

      “I’m really sorry I can’t go. You should’ve told me sooner so I was able to make time for you.” I muttered.

      She smiled brightly and looked at the stars at the night sky.

      “It’s okay, I understand.” She answered back.

     

      After some time, I decided to go home since Ayaka told me that she will go to bed soon. As I enter the mansion, Mr. Shin greeted me.

      “Good evening young master,” I just nodded at him and continued on my way to my room but he quickly stopped me.

      “Young master,” he called.

      “Yes?” I asked.

      “Ms. Park has called me.” He whispered.

      As soon as I heard Sooyeon’s name, I dragged Mr. Shin upstairs and locked my room.

      “Sooyeon called you?” I asked him and he nodded.

      “She said she wanted to meet you but she can’t contact you so she decided to call me instead.” He told me.

      I smiled, “Thank you Mr. Shin.”

      Mr. Shin has been my driver since I was a kid and I trust him with almost everything. He is more loyal to me than he is with my parents and I am thankful for that. Mr. Shin also knows about me and Sooyeon and he’s been the one accompanying me whenever I need to meet Sooyeon.

      “Drive for me.” I told him and he just nodded.

      We were about to leave when someone spoke from the staircase.

      “Where are you going?”

      I looked back and saw my mom looking at me, her arms crossed. I acted normal and scratched the back of my head.

      “I’m going to meet my friend again, I wanted to hang out.” I told her.

      “And who’s this friend of yours?” she asked.

      I was really anxious. I can’t let my mom know that I’m just faking up my break up with Sooyeon or I’ll be doomed.

      “I’m going with Ayaka. She asked me to grab some coffee with her.” I excused.

      Mom just raised her eyebrows and turned to Mr. Shin.

      “Make sure that he’s not meeting that ex-girlfriend of his or I’ll fire you.” Mom told him as she went back to her room.

      I sighed and quickly went to the car and called Sooyeon.

      “Love,” I heard her from the other line, her voice full of happiness.

      “I heard that you want to meet me.” I told her.

      “Yes,” she answered back, “I miss you so much and I want us to meet.”

      “Okay Soo,” I smiled, “Let’s meet at the playground near your house.”

      “Okay love,” she answered back, “Do I need to wear disguise? Your father’s people might see us.” She exclaimed worriedly.

      “No need Soo. I just want to meet you too.” I told her.

      We bid each other goodbye and I went out of the car to go to Ayaka’s place. I immediately rang the doorbell and after some time, door opened. Ayaka was standing in front of me.

      “What do you want Kai? My family’s on their way to la la land! We want to sleep!” she nagged.

      “We’re going on a date.” I told her as I grabbed her hands but she quickly yanks it away.

      “Kai, I know what you’re up to.” She sighed, “Is this about Sooyeon?” she asked me, crossing her arms.

      “Y-yeah…” I stuttered.

      “I can’t.” she declined, “It’s already past 11 PM.” She stated and was about to close the door when I immediately stopped her.

      “Please, please Ayaka,” I begged, “I can’t let Sooyeon down and I miss her so much.” I muttered.

      She rolled her eyes and sighed, irritated, “Ugh! Fine!” she finally gave up, “Wait here, I’ll change my clothes.”

      I waited for her at the porch of their house and I don’t if she fell asleep or she was eaten by her clothes because it took her a long time to come out. Maybe a good ten minutes had passed and she was still not yet here. I was about to call her when the door opened.

      “What took you so long?” I nagged.

      “Shut up, I’m doing you a favor so go with my rules.” She muttered.

      “Aren’t you cold?” I asked.

      She was wearing shorts for Pete’s sake! She’ll catch a cold with what she’s wearing!

      “Jiyeon.”

      I was surprised when somebody called Ayaka. I looked back and saw Kim Myungsoo standing behind me.

      “What the are you doing here?!” I asked, surprised.

      “I called him, Jerk!” Ayaka exclaimed. “You’ll be with Sooyeon and I thought that I needed some company so I brought Myung with me!” she exclaimed.

     I rolled my eyes and went inside my car. I looked outside and saw Kim Myungsoo opening the door for Ayaka.

      Tss, gentleman, my .

      Ayaka was sitting between Myungsoo and me. I was surprised of how close they are by the way they were speaking! Ugh! I can’t help but to feel irritated.


2 Corinthians 1:4 - who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.