[forty-three] Perfect.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Sunayama beach, Miyakojima Island, Okinawa, Japan – July 3, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      I decided to bring Ayaka back to our hotel. People were staring at us since I was carrying her but who cares, the thing that matters now is to fix Ayaka’s ankle. I don’t want to get in trouble especially when his brother learns about this. I also don’t want to see her hurting. We rode the elevator and I don’t know, but it just seems so awkward. No one’s speaking and it is a complete silence.

      “Am I heavy?” Ayaka asked, finally breaking the ice.

      Why do girls always think about how they weigh? They should know that no matter what size they are or how much they weigh, they are all the same… they are all beautiful.

      “You are,” I kid, trying to ease her tension and laughed but what I got was a huge smack in the head.

      “Then why don’t you put me down, jerk!” she exclaimed angrily.

      I just laughed at her and stared at her through our reflection on elevator door.

      “I’m just kidding,” I smiled, “You don’t need to worry about how you weigh, I don’t really care about that.” I exclaimed

      She just rolled her eyes at me and snorted, “Hmpf, you shouldn’t tell girls that they are fat or heavy even if you’re kidding.” She muttered.

      “I’m sorry,” I told her as the elevator door opened. “I just wanted to ease your tension.”

      I went out and started walking towards my hotel room. I quickly opened the door and brought her to the bed and let her sit there.

      “Stay here,” I instructed, “I’ll go get the first aid kit from the bathroom.” I told her and left.

      I went to the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. I quickly went back to her place and she was just looking around my room, especially on the piano inside my room.

      “I didn’t see that piano over there when I came here a moment ago.” She muttered as she pointed on the piano just across my bed.

      “You don’t have one in your room?” I asked as I went to her side and kneeled.

      I looked at it and applied some ice packs to reduce the swelling.

      “Aaw,” she exclaimed.

      “Sorry,” I apologized as I held it in a more gentle way.

      “Well, I don’t have one in my room.” She answered, going back to our topic.

      After applying the cold compress, I went on and put some bandage on her foot and secured it in place. This would help ease the swelling. Good thing that I learned this last time while I was camping in Canada.

      “There,” I exclaimed, “The swelling will probably go down in days but for now, you should rest.” I told her as I looked at her.

      “Thanks,” she said, “But it’s a shame that we will waste time waiting for me to recover.”

      I shook my head and stared at her, “Yah, our main concern here is to get you back in Tokyo safe and sound. Or else, your brother will kill me.” I muttered, “I don’t want my mother sulking about her dead son.”

      “Stop joking,” Ayaka laughed, “My brother won’t kill you and besides, you did a great job on making sure that I’m fine.” She winked.

      I stood up and sat beside her, “Well, we won’t be able to enjoy our day today until the swelling is gone. For now, you should stay here so that I’ll be able to help you with your things.” I told her.

      “Are you sure?” she asked and I nodded.

      Well, we don’t have any choice since her room is too far away from mine. With her condition, she will have a pretty hard time doing things on her own. It’s better for her to stay here first with me so that I can help her with her things.

      “Anyway, what do you want to do?” I asked, “It’s going to be pretty boring staying here inside the hotel room. But maybe tomorrow, we will be able to enjoy the beach to its fullest.”

      “Well, I’ve missed playing the piano…” she pondered as she looked at the piano, “I’ll let you hear me play.” She smiled.

      I looked at the piano and then back to Ayaka. She plays piano? Well, I always have this fantasy of girls playing piano for me since I’m not a really good musician. I am more on guitar, bass and drums… well you can say that I’m on the band side.

      “Okay then,” I exclaimed.

      I helped her on her feet and guided her to the piano. We sat side by side and both looked at the piano in front of us.

      “Do you play the piano?” she asked and I quickly shook my head, saying no.

      “I don’t but I’m good in playing the guitar, bass and drums.” I answered, bragging about my skills.

      “Maybe you can show me your skills in guitar some other time,” she smiled, “Well… I’m actually a musician freak. I love playing the instruments and I play guitar, lyre, saxophone, cello, violin and the piano but my real forte is the piano.” She exclaimed as she stared back at me.

      Really? She really knows a lot, huh? Maybe that’s the reason why she signed up for music club even though everyone avoids that class. I unknowingly watched her fingers brush through the keys of the piano and I must say, that her hands are quiet beautiful.

      “I don’t usually play the piano just for anybody. The only people who have seen me play are Myungsoo and my music teacher here in Japan, Ms. Ayuko.” She exclaimed.

      Myungsoo? Why does that guy always comes first with things regarding Ayaka? Tss. He’s slowly making my blood boil even though he’s not here. I don’t really know why I hate the guts of that Myungsoo but what can you expect from me? He’s one of the charming guys in school who also enjoy the same privileges as mine, not to mention that he is also close to my fiancé.

      “But for now,” she breathed and smiled, “I’ll play for you. I’ll play one of my favorite piece.” She exclaimed as she started playing.

      She was playing a very beautiful and angelic melody and it was coming from the ivories. As she was playing, she started singing together with the song. As I can remember, this is the OST of the drama, “Goblin” titled, ‘Stay with me’ sung by Punch.

      “When I close my eyes I see those eyes…”

      I don’t know if it is the song or I’m really drawn to Ayaka right now. It seems like everything’s muted and the only thing that I am hearing is Ayaka’s voice and the piano’s sweet melody.

      “My heart kept aching so I wanted to forget.” She sung.

      I don’t know why but suddenly, my heart started beating faster. Then, there… I appreciated Ayaka’s beauty once again, just like what I did when we were at the beach. This girl has so much to offer. It seems like she’s so perfect—from a gorgeous face, sweet voice, great talent, good personality up to her smiles—everything just screams perfect. She’s everything that you could ask for.

      “Ayaka, if I have met you earlier… would I be hurting like I’m doing right now?” thoughts like these invaded my mind but I know for sure that things happens for a reason. I may be hurting right now because of Sooyeon but I think, I will not choose things to go the other way around or not meeting her at all. Because, it is because of her why I am a better person now and I have met great people… let’s take Ayaka for example.

      “Falling you…”

      I didn’t notice that Ayaka had finished the song already and I was still lost on my daydream. Ayaka turned to me with a bright smile in her face.

      “I didn’t mean to show off but that piece is really hard since it’s too fast.” She smiled.

      “U-ugh… yeah,” I answered unknowingly.

      “So, what do you think of my piano skills?” she smiled, probably proud of what she did.

      Well, who wouldn’t be? I mean, she’s so superb and she looks angelic playing the piano.

      I finally smiled and messed her hair, “It was perfect,” I complimented her.

      “Be honored that you’re one of the few people who hears me playing the piano.” She beamed and I just nodded and answered, “I am.”

      I helped her again on her feet and she said that she wanted to go to the sofa now and rest. We both sat on the sofa and stared at the open space.

      “By the way, can I see the picture that you took?” she asked.

      “What picture?” I asked.

      “The one at the beach, the reason why I sprained my ankle,” she answered.

      “Oh, that,” I smiled and took my camera, “Look, you don’t look bad at all.” I told her, showing her the photo.

      In fact, she looked rather dashing. The picture is so perfect that I’m thinking about of printing a copy of it to put on my wallet.

      She looked at the picture and nodded, “I ran for nothing,” she sighed, “I even got a sprained ankle because of it.”

      I just laughed and messed with her hair again. “Yah!” she shouted, “That’s becoming a habit now, huh?!”

      “I can’t help it, I love doing that.” I exclaimed as I smiled while she just snorted in exchange.

      I was surprised when Ayaka lay down on my lap and straightened her body on the sofa.

      “We did a lot today, it tired the hell out of me,” She muttered, “So, let me sleep for a minute or two.”

      We sure did.

      “Why don’t you just sleep on my bed? You will be more comfortable.” I muttered.

      “I’m too tired to move,” she exclaimed, her eyes closed.

      Tss, this girl is sometimes lazy. I decided to just let her be and wait for her to sleep so I can carry her to my bed. She’ll get body ache if she sleeps here. I don’t know what I did while waiting for Ayaka to fall asleep but then, I found myself staring at her face once again and said things that even I was left surprised.

      “If you’re not my best friend, I would’ve fallen in love with you too.” I whispered.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I slowly opened my eyes and found myself, lying on a bed. I don’t remember sleeping here. I know for sure that I slept on the sofa, using Kai’s legs as my pillow. Anyway, speaking of which, where is that guy? I stood up and saw that my foot is now quiet good and the swelling has subsided. I stood up and since I can bear the pain, I looked for Kai.

      “Kai?” I asked as I went outside the room and went to the living room.

      No one was there and in fact, the whole unit was empty. Did that guy left me alone here? Tss. I was walking when I decided to sit on the sofa and watch the television. Then… I remembered something. I don’t know if I was dreaming that time or was I hallucinating.

      “I would’ve fallen in love with you too.” I swear I heard Kai whisper those things. I’m not just quiet sure if I really heard it or it was all in my dream. I was snapped out of my reverie when my phone rang. And guess who it is?! It’s Myungsoo! I quickly answered my phone and greeted Myungsoo gleefully.

      “Myung!” I exclaimed.

      “Ji!” he greeted back, “I’m here now in Japan!” he told me.

      “Really?! I thought you will arrive here on the 6th?” I asked.

      “Well, some things happened.” He muttered, “But at least, we’ll have more days to have fun.” He exclaimed happily.

      “I’m really excited to tour you around. So, when are you free?” I asked, smiling.

      “I’ll be staying here in Tokyo for a week then I’ll be going to Kobe after that.” He exclaimed, “Where are you, maybe we can meet?” he asked.

      “Oh, I’m sorry.” I said, “I’m not in Tokyo right now. I’m in Okinawa together with Kai.” I told him.

      “Kai? You’re with him?” he asked.

      “Yeah, I’ll explain everything to you when we meet.” I told him, “We’ll be back in Tokyo on the next day.” I explained.

      “Okay then, see you soon!”

      I hang up and as soon as I hang up, Kai opened the door.

      “Where have you been?” I asked.

      “I was just… ugh, out.” He muttered uncomfortably, “I just got some fresh air.”


Matthew 5:48 - Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.