[sixty-four] Mr. Kim

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Kim’s Residence, Seoul, South Korea – September 17, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Seven days—it has been seven days since Kai got a fever, and since the day that I vowed to never consider my feelings again for him. Seven days… it has been one week since I started pretending. One week of setting aside my feelings, to feel numb whenever Kai touches me, to ignore the butterflies in my stomach whenever he turns my way or when he smiles at me… and to turn deaf into the loud beating of my heart whenever he talks to me. It was torture and it’s not getting better any day. I tried avoiding him but my efforts were futile, especially if we’re living under the same roof. It was hard to conceal my feelings but through the help of Myungsoo, I was able to bear everything. He helped me get my mind away from Kai, he always asks me to leave the house and go with him and he always listens to my rumblings about Kai. I’m forever grateful to have Kim Myungsoo as my best friend.

      “A, are you still showering?!” I heard the devil shouted from outside my room.

      Kai is actually doing well now, he’s not sick anymore and he’s back to his grumpy old self. I actually liked him better when he was sick since he’s not that grumpy and he barely talks.

      “A, can’t you get any slower?!” he shouted again as he tremendously knocked on my door.

      “Shut up already,” I muttered, “I’m almost done.” I finished as I coat my lips with a cherry liptint.

      That guy is seriously impatient! Can’t he just wait for a minute or two?! I’m actually getting ready for his dongsaeng’s birthday. We will be going to their house—which is just across the street—to greet his sister, Yeri. I quickly went out as soon as I finished dressing up since Kai is almost breaking my door.

      “Uhm, let’s go?” I asked him and he just rolled his eyes heavenwards at me.

      “Tch, I told you not to look too elegant today.” He huffed, “Who told you to wear that dress?” he asked as he started walking first, leaving me there.

      I immediately got conservative with what I wore. Did I go overboard with my dress? I’m just wearing a plain black dress!

      “Yah, Kim Jongin!” I shouted, “Wait for me!” I exclaimed as I ran down the stairs to keep up with him.

      I finally kept up with him as we graced inside their house. The party was extravagant! You can totally tell that the one who threw the party is a very wealthy person. The house was full of people in their expensive suits and dresses. The maids, waiters and butlers were so busy accommodating everyone.

      “Kai, Jiyeon!” somebody called us and when we turned, it was Kai’s mom who greeted us first, “Good thing you guys came!”

      “Thank you for the invitation, Mrs. Kim,” I smiled and bowed.

      “Jiyeon-ah, I already told you to call me Auntie!” Kai’s mom exclaimed, “Anyway, you look so pretty today! I hope you enjoy the party, okay dear?” she smiled and kissed my cheeks. “And you,” she exclaimed as she turned to his son, “Don’t leave her alone, she doesn’t know anybody here, okay?” she reminded and Kai just nodded, irritated.

      Kai’s mom finally left us alone. I was about to start walking when Kai eventually offered his arms for me to tug on.

      “You might get lost,” he mumbled, “Our house is big especially when there are many people.” He told me.

      I just nodded and cling into his arm as we roam around the mansion. We also ate some snacks from the table and drank some wine that was served by the waiters.

      “Oppa!” I was startled when someone suddenly pushed me aside and just saw Kai getting embraced by his younger sister, Yeri. She looked so pretty in her pink, sparkly dress that made her stand out from the rest. Well, she deserved every attention she’s getting since she’s the star of the night! “Oppa, I missed you!” she squealed, “Good thing you came!” she smiled which Kai smiled back.

      “I couldn’t miss my little Yeri’s birthday, you know.” He muttered.

      “Aaw, you’re so sweet!” she exclaimed happily, “By the way, are you alone? Maybe you can be my !” she muttered excitedly.

      Her words quickly got my attention. Well, I don’t mean to be selfish to Yeri especially today, since it’s her birthday but she can’t take Kai away from me tonight! I don’t know anyone here and I don’t want to be alone, getting surrounded by strangers!

      “Ahem,” I faked cough, making my presence known.

      Yeri turned to me and raised her brows at me, “Oh, so you’re with her?” she asked as she folded her arms above her chest.

      “Happy birthday Yeri,” I smiled sweetly as I handed her my gift.

      “And what’s this, a piece of junk?” she asked.

      I can’t understand why this girl hates me so much but I don’t want to make a scene, so…

      “Just open it,” I muttered, almost losing my patience.

      You guys can’t expect me to be always good to people. I have my own limitations.

      “What did you say?!” she asked, raising her tone a bit higher.

      I rolled my eyes heavenwads and tried to grabbed my gift, “If you don’t want it, then fine!” I exclaimed, “Let me get that Paramore album!” I shouted as I tried to snatch the gift away from her.

      “Wait, what?!” she asked, surprised.

      Paramore probably rang a bell to her. I actually bought a Paramore limited album since I heard from Kai that Yeri is obsessed with Paramore! It was really hard to get it in my hands, you know! I didn’t spend my two months allowance in her birthday gift just so she could scream at me.

      Yeri glared at me and quickly opened the gift and gasped as soon as she saw the album, “Oh my gosh!” she squealed, “It’s a limited edition!” she exclaimed happily as she hugged it tight. She finally turned to me and glared at me once again, “Fine,” she surrendered, “Oppa’s yours for tonight, just don’t take this.” She told me, “But don’t expect me to be nice to you even after this.” She muttered as she walked away, leaving us completely.

      “Don’t worry about that,” Kai smiled, “She’ll probably like you now because of that album.” He chuckled.

      I nodded and chuckled back, “I know.” I agreed.

      “Anyway, let’s eat for real now,” Kai muttered and I nodded back.

      Kai and I went to the buffet table to get some food but we were shocked when some guys approached us.

      “Kim Jongin!” one of the guy exclaimed as he bumped his fist into Kai’s arms, “Long time no see!” he exclaimed.

      Okay? Who are these guys? Does Kai know them?

      “Hey, Kris!” Kai smiled.

      “Come on, we missed you!” the guy named Wonwoo exclaimed.

      Kai was about to retort as he locked his eyes on me but before he could even talk, the guys completely dragged him.

      “Kai!” I shouted but the loud music drowned my voice.

      I tried to follow them but I was completely lost when I can’t see Kai anymore. I decided to just go back to our table and just rot there all night but on my way, someone blocked my way.

      “It’s a good thing to see you tonight, Jiyeon-ssi.” I looked up and saw Kai’s father in front of me.

      “S-sir…” I called.

      “We’re you with Kai?” he asked, “Did he leave you?” he added but I was quick to shake my head.   

      “N-no!” I exclaimed, “Some guys pulled him, so ugh…” I answered, unsure.

      “Oh, I thought my son left such a beautiful woman alone.” He muttered, “Anyway, how is the fake engagement going?” he asked.

      I was completely taken aback with his sudden question but good thing, I was able to find my voice and answer back.

      “Well, we’re going along pretty well but I don’t think we will pusue with the engagement after the said time.” I answered honestly.

      Kai’s dad just nodded and smiled, “I guess you guys really got along pretty well. I noticed such great improvements in the behavior of my son. I should probably thank you.” He told me.

      “I don’t know about these improvements that you’re talking about but if there really is, it’s not me that you should thank. Kai had improved because of himself, and not me.” I muttered humbly.

      “Anyway, I was wondering if you have seen and met my Kai completely but with the way you’re talking, I guess you haven’t really known him well.” He exclaimed, “Why don’t you come with me?” he asked, “Let me show you something.” He told me as he walked away.

      I don’t know what he’s up to but I just did as he says and followed him and I was shocked when we went inside the house. We went upstairs and I was shocked when we stopped in front of Kai’s room.

      “I know you’ve been here.” He exclaimed as he open the room, going inside.

      “Why did you bring me here, uncle?” I asked.

      “Kai is a fragile person, and I know that you know that. He wants to show everyone that he doesn’t need anything from anyone… but inside, he’s begging for help.” He exclaimed out of the blue.

      Because of what he said, I felt a pinch in my heart when I remembered that everything that’s happening now is his entire fault! How dare he tell me things about Kai! Kai’s dad was the main reason why we’re here now, stuck with each other, getting hurt.

      “If you know that, then why are you hurting him?” I snapped.

      Kai’s dad sighed and stared at me, “I know that you were in a fake relationship with Kai all along and you were his cover up for his true girlfriend.” He blurted out.

      I was completely astounded, how did he know that?!

      “W-what?” I asked, stuttering.

      “I was also the reason why Sooyeon broke up with Kai.” He confessed, leaving me surprised, “I threatened her.” He finished.

      “What?!” I asked, raising my voice.

      I can’t believe this! How can he be so cruel?!

      “It was for his own good.” He muttered, “I don’t want him to end up with that girl.”

      What did he say?! I laughed mockingly and I felt like all of my respect for him completely went to the drain after all his confessions tonight.

      “But didn’t you think that Sooyeon was giving your son happiness which you couldn’t afford to give?!” I asked, “You… you left him! You chose business over your child!” I exclaimed, feeling the erratic beat of my heart. I just can’t believe that a father could do something so horrible! He was too obsessed in controlling Kai’s life! And I pity Kai for having such father! “You know what?” I asked, “You’re horrible,” I spat out, feeling my heart shatter as I remember how Kai told me how he was feeling about his family. “You… you were the only one whom he can hold onto after every that happened to his life but you weren’t there!” I shouted, “And now, you’re hurting him?! You didn’t even hurt him once, but you have hurt him for many times now!” I exclaimed. I stared at him and he was just listening to me, “He told me how it was hell when you retrieved your back from your family and it was Sooyeon who picked him up and made him new again.” I breathed. My heart was beating so fast, I’m feeling light-headed. “But you took Sooyeon away from him and made his heart shatter into million pieces!” I shouted, finally snapping. I just feel so bad for Kai! He have been in so many s now—breaking up with his girl friend, having nightmares every night and feeling the pain of being left alone! “Can’t you realize how bad you are?” I asked.

      And right there, a tear slowly escaped from my eyes.

      Mr. Kim gave me a pitiful look and shook his head, “Yes, I know and realize how bad I am.” He muttered, “I took Sooyeon away from him and had his heart shattered but… you were there.” He exclaimed as he looked at me, “I made sure that someone will be there to help him. I chose you for my son,” he breathed and I just couldn’t believe everything that he’s saying right now! His thoughts are absurd!  “I know you will love him.”

      He knows that I will love Kai?! That may be true but he just can’t understand anything!

      “But I’m not the one he love!” I shouted, tears streaming down my face, one by one. I sniffed, trying hard to calm myself but miserably failed. I turned him my back and decided to leave. But before leaving, I left a few words for Kai’s father, “You’ve been a horrible father to Kai, Mr. Kim.” I exclaimed, “Please, don’t let Kai suffer anymore. I can’t bear to see him hurting anymore.” I begged.


Author's message ♥

Hey babes! Another chapter here! Thank goodness that my writer's block is finally gone! The next updates would be really interesting so I hope you guys would stay tune for my updates! And I also hope that you guys liked my update and if you do, please subscribe and upvote. And please, tell me your thoughts through the comments section! Those things really mean a lot to me and it helps me to be inspired and keep on writing so yeah!

With lots of love, Jihyun ♣


2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!