[twenty-four] Last day.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 9, 2016

PARK SOOYEON

      I didn’t get enough sleep and when I drifted to la-la land, I cried myself to sleep. But one good thing that happened is Kai and I finally reconciled. I apologized for taking too long to accept his apology. I also found out that Kai’s best friends, Chanyeol and Sehun have arrived yesterday.

      “Sooyeon-ssi, Mr. Choi is here.” I heard one of the maid knocked on my door.

      I quickly wiped my tears away and get ready for school. I went down and saw Minho waiting for me. I smiled as soon as I saw him and I felt like my burden was lifted off from my back.

      “I never asked you to accompany me.” I chuckled as I went to his side.

      “I just felt like it. I feel like you’ll be going to school alone again. So, I decided to pick you up.” He smiled.

      What he said has left me speechless, I smiled and looked down, trying to hide my tears. We both walked to his car and drove to school. There was a dreadful silence between us. It felt awkward. This has never happened before. This is the first time when silence engulfed us. It just feels so awkward.

      “I’m sorry I couldn’t go with you yesterday,” I said, breaking the ice, “I felt sick.” I told him, lying.

      “What happened?” he asked out of the blue.

      “I was sick.” I answered.

      “Not that,” Minho muttered.

      I looked at him and he was staring at me straight in my eyes.

      “W-what do you mean?” I asked, stuttering.

      “You cried,” he stated.

      I was shocked. How can he say that?!

      “C-cried? N-no!” I denied.

      “Really? Then why is your eyes so puffy and your nose is red?” he asked, pinching my nose.

      “Yah!” I exclaimed as I removed his hands away from my face, “I-I’m telling the truth…” I muttered, “I didn’t cry.”

      We arrived in school and Minho was still bugging me to tell him the reason why I cried but I can’t, I just can’t. I don't want him to know the pain that I'm having right now. I don't want to burden him.

      “Come on Sooyeon, tell me!” he pleaded walking behind my back.

      I faced him and I was still walking, but backwards, “I don’t—“ I didn’t finish what I was about to say when I bumped into someone.

      I turned around and was about to apologize when I stopped myself from talking.

      “I never thought that you were this close.” Kai muttered, staring at me blankly.

      With how he’s acting right now, I already know that he’s jealous. I know Kai very well. I smiled while thinking about it, my Kai won’t really change huh? He will still be a jealous no matter what.

      “Love, why don’t we talk?” I asked as I force a smile on my face.

      I dragged him up and didn’t let go of his hands even though we already reached the rooftop. I looked at him and he was just looking at me blankly. I don’t want us to celebrate our last day like this so I smiled and cupped his face.

      “Is my love, jealous?” I asked.

      “I told you—“ he was about to nag me when I tiptoed and kissed his lips, shutting him up.

      “I love you, okay?” I smiled, “No need to worry about Minho.” I smiled and hugged him tight.

      I wish we could stay like this forever.

      “S-soo…” he called, he’s probably surprised by my sudden actions.

      “Let’s go on a date.” I told him.

      “Now?” he asked.

      “Yeap, is it okay?” I asked as I let out a pout.

      “Okay,” he smiled and kissed my forehead.

 

      We arrived at the park and as soon as I saw a cotton candy shop, I dragged Kai inside and pointed at the cotton candy.

      “Cotton candy!” I exclaimed happily.

      “You want that?” Kai asked, turning to me.

      “Buy me that!” I chanted like a little child.

      It’s really rare for me to act this way but I just want to let it show and for once, be a cute girl in front of my boyfriend.

      “Okay love,” he smiled.

      We went to the candy shop and Kai bought me one.

      “You sure look happy today, huh?” Kai chuckled.

      Suddenly, my smile vanished and I felt the guilt that I was trying hard to hide. If you just know that today is our last day, Kai.

      I sighed and just smiled, “It’s because I’m with you.” I told him.

      He smiled back and kissed my forehead. After eating the cotton candy, we decided to go on different rides together. We had loads of fun that we don’t normally have. We had great time and the night has fallen but still. Kai and I were still at the park.

      “Love, before we leave, I want to ride the Ferris wheel!” I told him as I pointed the Ferris wheel coated with luminous lights.

      “Sure!” he smiled and held my hand.

      We went inside the Ferris wheel and it was great in there. As we look at the scenery together, I can’t help but to feel sad because I know that after this… it will be over. Kai and I will be over. Right now, I just want to stop the time and spend my forever with Kai but for now, there is no forever. A tear escaped from my eyes but I quickly wiped it away because I don’t want Kai to see me crying. The Ferris wheel stopped and we were at the top. I was shocked when fireworks started to explode in front of our very eyes. It was beautiful but it didn't mask the pain that I was feeling. If this is a normal day for us, this would have been a great day but since today is our last day, I couldn't help but to feel devastated.

      “It’s so beautiful.” Kai mumbled.

      Kai held me closely and leaned his head against my head.

      “I miss us like this. I missed you like this.” He muttered.

      I looked at him and he was just watching the fireworks in front of us. I will miss you.

      “I love you.” It was the only thing that I managed to say.

      “Let’s be together forever, Soo.” He whispered and leaned closer to me.

      Forever... such a big word. I'm afraid that doesn't exist in our vocabulary.

      “We…” I badly want to tell him the truth but I can’t, “…will.” This is between him and my family and I want to choose my family first.

      I’m sorry love, I’m very sorry. Please forgive me.

      I looked at him and kissed his lips. He didn’t move and just savored the moment together.

      I will miss you my love, I will miss you Kai.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I just got home from Myungsoo’s house since I continued on teaching him how to play the piano. He was getting better as the time goes by and he can already play a few pieces. We also practiced for the upcoming concert and we were almost ready for the performances. I am about to go inside my house when someone spoke to me.

      “Well hello, my lady,” I looked back and saw a blonde guy smiling at me.

      “Hello?” I exclaimed, unsure.

      He looked rather dashing. He is a handsome guy, I should say. He has this milky white skin and he is quiet tall. He is definitely taller than Kai or Myungsoo.

      “Sehun-ah!” somebody shouted.

      I looked at the back of the man and saw Kai walking towards us together with another giant with him.

      “Oh what do we have here,” the giant beside Kai exclaimed, “A goddess?” she asked as he smiled at me and I kind of find it creepy.

      He has this really big ears and quiet big eyes but he is also handsome.

      “What the are you doing here?” Kai asked the blonde man in front of me.

      “Well my lady, I think I need to go. This man right here might blow fire everywhere.” He joked that left me chuckling. “Maybe you can give me your number?” he asked.

      “Stop your nonsense, Oh Sehun!” Kai exclaimed as he pulled the guy named Sehun away from me.

      “Maybe you can give it to me too, babes?” the giant beside Kai exclaimed, “You know, for us to hang-out someday. By the way, I’m Chanyeol.” He smiled.

      “Sorry about these punks. You can go in now.” Kai muttered and I just smiled at him and nodded.

      “Thanks Kai.” I told him and went inside the house.

      I looked at the three guys from my room. I thought Kai doesn’t have any friends? Then who are those guys?

 

Seoul, South Korea – June 10, 2016

      It’s already morning and Seojoon-oppa had driven me to school. I was walking down the hallway when I noticed that the students were frantic and everyone was heading towards the gymnasium. What is happening?

      “Come on! This is a really big fight!” I heard one of the students exclaimed.

      I grabbed one of the students arm and asked her what’s happening.

      “What’s going on?” I asked.

      “Kai and Minho are fighting over Sooyeon!” she muttered and ran away.

      What?! What is this mess?! Ugh! It’s early in the morning, for Pete’s sake! I quickly went to the gymnasium and saw Kai and Minho fighting while Sooyeon was crying on the side, shouting for them to stop. Sooyeon quickly went to Minho’s side and helped him up that left me in shock as well as Kai.

      “Soo…” Kai called.

      “Can’t you understand?! I don’t like you! I’m tired of you!” Sooyeon shouted.

      What the—is this girl insane?! Why is she blabbering nonsense?!

      “Sooyeon, stop it!” Kai shouted, “If this is about dad, I can deal with him! Tell me honestly Park Sooyeon, is my dad is threatening you? Plea—“ Sooyeon cut off Kai and cried.

      “This is not about your father, Kai!” Sooyeon muttered, “This is about us.” Sooyeon breathed as tears were streaming down her face nonstop.

      “Let’s break up.”


Psalm 27:1 - The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?