[sixteen] Bungeoppang and Tteokbokki.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 16, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      We arrived at a playground near Sooyeon’s house. Kai turned to me and I just nodded.

      “Go on,” I told him, “Just call me when we’re going home.” I exclaimed.

      Kai just nodded and went out of the car while Myungsoo and I stayed inside the car together with Kai’s driver, which I believe his name is Mr. Shin.

      “You didn’t tell me that Kai is with you.” Myungsoo muttered.

      “I’m sorry. I was really pissed off and I wanted someone to talk to.” I told him apologetically.

      I actually messaged Myungsoo telling him that I need someone to talk to and he didn’t bat an eyelash and quickly went to my place. Now I’m feeling sorry for dragging him here.

      “Haah,” he sighed. “It’s okay.” He told me.

      “I’m really sorry.” I apologized again.

      “Forget it,” he smiled at me, “Let’s get some jajjangmyeon there,” he exclaimed as he pointed the convenient store not too far from the playground.

      “Sure.” I smiled back.

      I’m actually full since I just had dinner with Kai and my family but I need to make up with Myungsoo so I just decided to go with him.

      We went out of the car and went to the convenience store. We picked up our jajjangmyeon in cup and started cooking it. We sat in one of the tables and waited for our jajjangmyeon to cook.

      “Where were you when I messaged you? You were fast to come.” I asked in wonder.

      “I was just around the area since I was out partying with my cousins.” He answered back. “So does this happen often?” he asked suddenly.

      “What does?” I asked, clueless.

      “You know,” he exclaimed, “You being a third wheel whenever those two have dates.” He asked.

      I laughed with his term, ‘third wheel’.

      “Naah,” I answered, shaking my head, “This is the first and last time.” I told him.

      The food is finally ready and we started digging into our food.

      “Myung,” I called him.

      “Yeah?” he asked while eating his jajjangmyeon.

      “I’m still thinking about what to sing at the music fest but I already thought of one song.” I informed him. “I was wondering if you could help me pick.”

      “What are the songs that came to your mind?” he asked.

      “I’m thinking about to sing Someday by IU or I’m in love by Narsha.” I stated, “What do you think is better?” I asked.

      “I think Narsha’s song is better.” He suggested.

      I nodded and started digging on my plate and then suddenly, I remembered his song, ‘Peter pan.’

      “Myung,” I called, “Your song ‘Peter pan’, you said you’re dedicating it to someone…”

      “Yeah.” He answered.

      “Who’s it for?” I asked him.

      “I told you it’s a secret.” He smiled.

      “Come on! Tell me!” I exclaimed.

      “You don’t know her,” he mumbled.

      I wonder who that lucky girl is.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      As soon as I went out of the car, I ran to Sooyeon’s place and hugged her tight.

      “I missed you, love.” She exclaimed as she buried her face into my chest.

      “I missed you too, Soo.” I told her as I cup her cheeks and kissed her forehead. “How are you?” I asked her.

      “Pretty crappy,” she sighed.

      I suddenly felt bad. This is my fault. If only my family is not so narrow-minded, we wouldn’t be experiencing this. I feel bad for Sooyeon for putting her through this.

      “I’m sorry Soo,” I apologized.

      I don’t know how many times have I apologized to her but I know it has been a hundred of times already. I am thankful that she is still not getting tired of my sorry.

      “I’ll make a way to get out of this mess.” I told her, “I promise you, we’ll get through this. We just need to fight together.”

      She nodded, “I will fight.”

      We decided to spend the time together by eating at the convenience store but I was shocked to see two people laughing together at one of the tables.

      “Haven’t you tried those before?” Myungsoo asked Ayaka.

      “No!” she exclaimed, “I never thought I could taste heaven! This fish is so delicious!” Ayaka muttered while eating the bungeoppang.

      “This is the same as Taiyaki in Japan, you know.” Myungsoo laughed.

      “I know,” Ayaka mumbled, “It’s just that I don’t eat it. I thought it’s not yummy.” She confessed.

      I saw how happy Ayaka was while eating the bungeoppang and when she’s talking with Myungsoo. I can’t help but to compare her attitude towards me and towards Myungsoo. When she’s with me, she would always yell and rolls her eyes at me while with this guy, she’s all bubbly and happy. She’s laughing and she’s more cheerful. I don’t understand her.

      “Kai, I thought you want to eat here?” she asked.

      “Let’s just go there,” I exclaimed pointing to the tteokbokki shop not far away from the convenience store.

      I looked back at the convenience store again and saw Ayaka, still laughing. I don’t know why but at that moment, I wanted to be the one causing her to laugh.

      We arrived at the tteokbokki shop and Sooyeon immediately ordered for us.

      “So, can you tell me how your day went?” she asked.

      “It’s usual,” I answered. “Nothing much happened.”

      Then suddenly, I remembered the dinner with Ayaka’s sister and Seojoon-hyung.

      “Oh! I actually had a dinner with Keiko-noona and Seojoon-hyung.” I told her, a smile forming in my lips as soon as I remembered what happened last dinner.

      “Keiko? Seojoon?” she asked.

      “Keiko-noona is Ayaka’s sister while Seojoon-hyung is Keiko-noona’s boyfriend.” I answered.

      “You had dinner with Jiyeon’s family?” she asked.

      “Yeah!” I exclaimed happily, “Their family is really nice, you need to meet them! Keiko-noona’s dishes were delicious as well! Especially the steak,”

      I was really happy just by remembering the dinner a moment ago. It was one of a kind. It has been years since I ate dinner with people. I usually eat alone or whenever I eat with my parents, it would always turn into an argument, and in the end, I would walk out of the dining room. But a moment ago, it was fantastic. The food was great as well as the mood.

      I looked at Sooyeon and I was surprised to see her looking down.

      “Hey are you okay?” I asked her.

      “I just feel bad for you.” She muttered.

      “Hey, why?” I asked worriedly.

      “We’ve been together for a year and still, you haven’t met my family yet and now, you just met your fake girlfriend’s family. Oh, the irony,” she laughed bitterly.

      “Hey, don’t be sorry.” I told her, “It’s not your fault that we’re in this situation. And I’m fine, Soo.” I exclaimed.

      I caressed her face and made her look into my eyes.

      “I’m willing to wait until I meet your family and that is when I’m going to marry you.” I told her.

      A smile slowly made a way into her lips and she quickly hugged me.

      “I hope you won’t get tired of me.” She whispered.

      “I won’t, Soo.” I told her as I brushed her hair.

      “I love you, Love.” She told me.

      “I love you too.”

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 20, 2016

      It’s the 20th and I can’t wait to meet Sooyeon. I’m going on a date with her today and we’re going to Namsan tower. We decided to meet at Itaewon and then I’ll drive us there. It is also Ayaka’s birthday today but I haven’t greeted her yet. I didn’t meet her today since she’s been with Myungsoo the whole day. I wonder what her relationship with that guy is. Seeing them together just irritates me especially that Myungsoo-guy.

      I arrived at Itaewon and saw Sooyeon waving at me. I quickly stopped the car beside her and opened the door. She went inside the car and smiled at me.

      “I’m so excited.” Sooyeon exclaimed while we were on our way to Namsan.

      “Let’s enjoy this day!” I exclaimed with a bright smile in my face.

      We arrived at Namsan and we first went to the park to walk a little. We were walking and I suddenly missed the felt of her hands into my palms. I slowly slid my hands across hers and held it tightly. She looked at me and a smile was in her face.

      “I wish that we’re like this always.” Sooyeon sighed.

      “We will be, someday.” I answered back.

      We decided to go to the Digital Observatory to view Seoul since it is almost night time and it would be beautiful to view the skyscrapers.

      “It looks like stars.” She muttered. “It’s so beautiful.”

      “But it’s not as beautiful as you.” I told her as I kissed her cheeks.

      She blushed and laughed, “Why are you so sweet today?”

      “I’m just happy to be with you, that’s all.” I answered back.

      “I’m happy to be with you too,” she told me.

      I quickly fumbled through my pocket and searched for the gift that I saw before coming here. I took the hairband with a yellow ribbon and showed it to her.

      “I saw this and I immediately thought of you.” I told her.

      I went at her back and tied her hair.

      “I had been watching tutorials on how to tie a girl’s hair because I wanted to do this to you. I love it when your hair’s tied.” I told her.

      I finished it with the final loop and turned her to me. I scanned her face, and she looked so pretty with her hair tied.

      “You look so beautiful.” I smiled.


Proverbs 23:22 - Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.