[fifty-six] My A ♥

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Toronto, Canada – September 7, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      The past few days were marvelous. I couldn’t express my joy enough in words. I mean, it’s the first time since a couple of years to finally bond with my family, especially with my noona, Soeun. It has been ages since I last had a great memory with her so right now, I’m over the clouds. I have forgiven her already and right now, I just want to catch up with her. Also, Toronto is fantastic! The weather was great when we get there, our old house feels so nostalgic and the days here, spending with my family is just so unforgettable. We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together which we never do. It’s just weird to be seeing my family complete again, but it’s a good kind of weird—like, a ‘happy’ kind of weird. I noticed, however, that even though I am completely happy here with my family, I couldn’t seem to be fully happy. It seems like something’s lacking.

      “Hey, hey, hey, Kim Jongin! What’s up, brother?” Chanyeol greeted as soon as he picked up my call.

      Toronto, Canada is actually 13 hours behind South Korea’s local time. So right now, it’s morning here in Canada while it’s evening there in Korea.

      “Nothing, I just wanted to call. I’ll be coming home by tomorrow. I’m just calling if everything’s still in order.” I muttered as I brushed my hair in uneasiness.

      I don’t know why I’m feeling this way but I feel so uneasy about something… or someone—I don’t clearly know.

      “Everything’s in order?” Chanyeol scoffed, “Or are you asking for somebody in particular?” he asked, getting me to bite on the bait.

      I shook my head and laughed. I will never be able to hide something from Chanyeol, he’s my best friend after all.

      “Fine,” I sighed in defeat, “How’s Ayaka doing?” I asked directly.

      Well, there’s no point in hiding from my own words, right? Yeah, Ayaka’s the reason why I called my best friend. I want to know how she’s doing. Maybe some of you might suggest to just ask Ayaka herself but that girl’s been ignoring my phone calls and messages so I need to know her welfare in the hard way.

      “That’s more like it,” Chanyeol chuckled, “Well, Jiyeon’s at home already. Sehun and I both accompanied her home tonight and Sehun’s been enjoying this bodyguard job you’ve given us.” He muttered and I just chuckled in return.

      “That’s great,” I smiled, “But tell Sehun that I’ll be claiming my girlfriend back after I arrive home.” I warned and Chanyeol just laughed at my remarks.

      “Sure thing, bro.” he answered back.

      “Oppa, mom’s calling for you!” Yeri’s voice came shooting in my ears as I heard three consecutive knocks on my door.

      “Y-yeah, coming!” I answered back as I went back to the call with Chanyeol, “Anyway, I’ve got to go. Mom’s calling me.” I informed him.

      “Okay then,” he answered back, “See you in Seoul!”

      I finally hang up and was about to leave my room when I decided to drop another message on Ayaka’s inbox.

 

To: My A 

Hey, why are you not picking up your call? I kind of miss you, A. Please call back, or at least answer my messages. P.S. I’m still your fake bf and fiancé so I care. Take care always!

 

      I quickly pressed the send button and went downstairs to see why my mom needed me.

      “Yes, mom?” I asked as soon as I saw her sitting at the living room with a plate of chocolate mousse in her hand.

      “Nothing,” she smiled, “Your sister made some cakes at the kitchen. I was wondering if you would like a plate.” Mom smiled.

      “Y-yeah, sure mom.” I smiled as I went inside the kitchen.

      As I entered the room, I saw my sister Soeun wearing a pink apron and has a vanilla cake in her hand.

      “I’ve made your favorite vanilla cake.” Noona smiled, “Do you want some?” she asked as she took a slice.

      I nodded and smiled, “Yes, please,” I told he as I sat on the chair in front of the counter.

      “We’re going back home tomorrow,” noona sighed as she gave me the slice of cake, “I’m going to miss you.” She muttered.

      A smile quickly draws in my face with the sudden joy that I felt. It has been ages since my sister last told me cheesy things and I’m just happy right now that she actually said that she will miss me.

      “I will too,” I smiled, “Why don’t you guys go back home?” I asked, not batting an eyelash, “Go back home and live with us again.” I suggested.

      Noona just gave me a bitter smile and shook her head, “You know I can’t, Jongin-ah.” She muttered, “But maybe someday we could. Now’s not the right time, not yet.” She smiled at me.

      I just nodded and smiled back at her. Well, it’s better to have the word ‘yet’, right? At least I can have something to look forward to.

      “Ok—“ I wasn’t able to finish my words when my phone rang.

      Noona just smiled at me, telling me to take a look at my phone and I nodded. I opened my phone and saw a new message from the girl whom I’m waiting for. I quickly smiled as soon as I saw her name in my inbox, “From: My A ♥”. Yeah, she’s my A, as in “My Ayaka”.

 

From: My A ♥

Sorry, my phone’s in silent mode. I’m out right now so I can’t really talk. I’ll call you when I get home. Sorry Kai! P.S. I’m not forgetting that you’re my fiancé and boyfriend. So care all you want mister. Hahaha :D

 

      Out? I thought Sehun and Chanyeol accompanied her home?

      “Who’s that?” noona suddenly asked as she smiled at me.

      “N-nothing,” I answered awkwardly, “Just someone.” I muttered.

      “Your girlfriend?” she asked, teasing.

      “Yeah,” I answered as I smiled back.

      “Which one? The real or the fake one?”

      I almost choked with my cake as I was eating it. I mean, how did she know about Sooyeon and Ayaka?

      “H-how…?” I asked, not knowing what to ask anymore.

      “How did I know?” she continued for me, “Well, if you think that I lost my interest in your welfare when I left the house, then you’re wrong.” She muttered, “I always asked my personal investigator to look upon you so I basically know that you had a girlfriend.”

      “You did what?” I asked.

      “Don’t worry, I just watched. I didn’t do anything stupid like dad would do.” She muttered, “So, how’s it going with Sooyeon?” she asked.

      I don’t know if I should be offended or what but I didn’t feel anything like that. I kind of understand my sister’s reason, you know. I know that she just wants to know if I’m doing fine or not. I cannot blame her for that.

      “Well, uhm…” I pondered, thinking if it’s okay to tell my sister that my girlfriend and I have already broken up.

      “I hope that you guys are still together,” she smiled, “I think she’s perfect for you.” She muttered.

      I thought so too but right now, I’m not so sure anymore.

      “W-we broke up already, noona.” I told her, “…And I’m trying hard to move on right now.” I answered back as I smiled bitterly.

      “O-oh…” she mumbled, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I actually stopped following you since I left Seoul and moved here.” She apologized but I quickly bushed it off.

      I didn’t want my sister to feel sorry for me.

      “Don’t be sorry noona.” I smiled, “I’m already okay. It doesn’t hurt as much now.” I told her.

      “Well, that’s good to hear.” She smiled warmly, “So that means you broke up with your fake girlfriend too?” she asked me.

      Wow, she sure knows what’s really up with my life.

      “No,” I smiled genuinely, “Ayaka and I are together but we’re still in a fake relationship. We’re best friends so we’re good.” I muttered.

      “Tell me Kai, do you like your fake girlfriend?” she asked.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      The whole dinner was doing well. We ate great foods and talked over the table. We laughed and told each other story and what I love the most was Taeyeon-eonni’s story from France. She told us about her experiences while studying abroad and how she learned to speak French. She even sampled some French phrases. She’s really likeable and loveable.

      “Tu es beau.” Taeyeon-eonni muttered while looking at me.

      “Sorry?” I asked, sounding puzzled.

      I guess she said some kind of French words that I don’t quiet understand.

      “I said ‘you’re beautiful’.” She smiled genuinely.

      I felt my cheeks flush with the sudden compliment and I couldn’t help but to smile widely, “T-thank you eonni.” I muttered shyly.

      “But you know, you kind of remind me of someone.” She mumbled as she gave Myungsoo a look while Myungsoo just shook his head.

      “Really? Who?” I asked.

      “Nothing,” Myungsoo quickly cut me off.

      I eyed him suspiciously with his sudden outburst. I mean, why did he answer for his sister?

      “It’s not ‘nothing’, Myung.” Eonni muttered, “Doesn’t Jiyeon reminds you of someone?” she asked as she turned to Myungsoo.

      “She doesn’t,” Myung replied hardly as he gave a meaningful glare at his sister but eonni was quick to brush it off and turned to me.

      “You really do remind me of someone,” she muttered.

      “Noona, stop it.” Myungsoo exclaimed, looking down.

      I don’t know how the bright atmosphere suddenly died. Is it because of what eonni said? I guess there’s nothing wrong with it, or is there?

      “No Myung,” Taeyeon-eonni exclaimed, “Doesn’t Jiyeon remind you of your first love? Doesn’t she remind you of Jeon Nayoung?”


Mark 12:31 - The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”