[twelve] Anemones.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 9, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      A week had passed since that scenario at the club. Gayoung already apologized in behalf of Jimin but still, I’m kind of angry with that guy for what he did to me.

      It is also the same week where it is so quiet and peaceful. Why? Because there is no one bugging me. Kai hasn’t been going to school since last week. No one has heard about him or heard any news. I tried going to their house and ask if he’s there and the maid would always say that Kai is not home. I started to get worried with what’s happening these days but I cannot do anything but to wait for Kai to come back to school and apologize.

      “Ms. Lee, are you listening?” I went back to reality when Ms. Bang asked for my attention.

      I quickly snapped out of my trance and coughed awkwardly.

      “I’m sorry Ms. Bang, I’m not feeling well.” I lied.

      “Anyway,” Ms. Bang muttered, “As I was saying, the head of Music wanted to conduct a music festival on the school’s foundation anniversary and he want us to prepare at least three performances for the said music festival.” Ms. Bang exclaimed.

      “Three performances?” Myungsoo asked.

      “Yes, and I’m planning to send the two of you to that festival.” Ms. Bang exclaimed.

      Wait, what?!

      “But ma’am—“ I was about to disapprove when Ms. Bang butted in.

      “Your performance will be graded so please do it with passion and show everyone what you got.” She smiled at us.

      I looked at Myungsoo to see if he is also against the idea but when I turned to him, he was smiling.

      “I bet this would be so much fun.” Myungsoo exclaimed.

      “The festival would be next month so you will have plenty of time to rehearse and practice your performances.” Ms. Bang told us, “For the first act, I want you Myungsoo to do it. Do anything that you think that you can do best but let me hear it first.” Ms. Bang told Myungsoo.

      I guess I don’t have any say to this anymore but to just agree.

      “And for the second act, it will be you Jiyeon. Showcase us your talent.” She smiled at me and I just nodded back.

      “And for the third one, I want it to be the both of you, a duet.” She exclaimed.

      She told us more about the music festival and what we were going to do. After that, Myungsoo and I decided to stay at the music room while Ms. Bang left us.

      “So what performance should I give to the audience?” Myungsoo asked me but I was still thinking about Kai.

      Where is he doing right now? I just hope that he’s fine and he’s not angry with me.

      “Jiyeon, are you listening to me?” I was shocked when Myungsoo snapped his fingers in front of me.

      “U-uhm… what did you say? Sorry,” I muttered as I apologized.

      “What’s wrong with you?” he asked, “You’ve been spacing out lately.” He pointed out, “Are you okay?” he asked.

      “I-I’m fine…” I answered back, “I’m just thinking about some things.”

      “Are—“ Myungsoo didn’t finish his words when someone knocked on the door.

      “Who’s there?” Myungsoo asked as he went to the door and opened it.

      I sighed.

      Kai… why are you making me feel so guilty?

      “Jiyeon,” I heard Myungsoo called me.

      I turned to him but I was shocked when I saw Sooyeon standing beside him.

      “Sooyeon,” I called out.

      “Can I talk to you for a moment?” she asked.

      Myungsoo looked at me worriedly but I just smiled at him.

      “Sure,” I answered back.

      “I’ll just go and get you guys some juice.” Myungsoo excused himself and left.

      “Jiyeon,” Sooyeon called me. “Please help us.” She muttered.

      Help them?

      “Please agree to be Kai’s girlfriend.”

      I was surprised. What is she saying? I thought she doesn’t like me to meddle with their relationship? And now she wants me to be Kai’s fake girlfriend?

      “Sooyeon…” I called her.

      “I don’t just trust anybody but you gained my trust.” She exclaimed, “Kai trusts you so much and I know that I can trust you too. I’m really sorry for everything that I’ve done to you but please… help us.”

      A tear suddenly escaped from her eyes as she went closer to me and held my hand.

      “I really can’t do it, Sooyeon.” I answered, “I already told Kai.”

      I just can’t imagine myself being in a fake relationship. I don’t want to be involved with their chaos. I just want my days to be simple and peaceful.

      “I know but please Jiyeon, think about it.” She muttered, “You’re our only hope. You’re the only one who can help us continue our relationship.”

      I don’t know why but seeing her like this makes my heart soften. The girl who is full of pride is in front of me, pleading and begging me to be his boyfriend’s girlfriend. It sounds totally weird but just like what she said, it’s the only way.

      “I’m really sorry Sooyeon, I can’t do it.” I exclaimed and was about to leave when she did the unthinkable.

      She suddenly kneeled in front of me and cried.

      “Please Jiyeon, help us.” Sooyeon exclaimed.

      I was surprised. Park Sooyeon is kneeling in front of me! She threw her pride away and decided to ask for my answer. I felt bad and guilty. I hate people who make other people kneel and here I am, seeing Sooyeon kneeling in front of me.

      I quickly went to her side and tried to rise her up.

      “Get up Sooyeon,” I told her.

      “No,” she muttered, “Please Jiyeon.” She sniffed, “Kai is in a terrible situation right now. I didn’t want to tell you because Kai told me so but I can’t stand to know that he’s staying at his house, locked in his very bedroom. He’s been locked there for a week and he’s not allowed to leave the room unless he breaks up with me.”

      What?! What kind of sick idea is that?!

      “I tried breaking up with him but he doesn’t want to. He cried and begged me not to leave him.” She exhaled, “And I thought to myself that I can’t leave him in a time like this. So Jiyeon, please help us. This is the only thing that we came up with.” She cried, “Please Jiyeon, help us… help Kai.”

      I don’t know why but I felt hurt with what’s happening between the two of them.

      Why are Kai’s parents so harsh on him?

      Kai is probably so lonely and sad inside his room. I can imagine him looking distressed, not being able to see Sooyeon and to fight for his love. Then I remembered that night when he asked me to tell Sooyeon that he was leaving, he looked so devastated and wrecked. It was an awful sight to see and I once made a promise to never see Kai in that state again. I guess, it’s time for me to payback everything that he helped me with. It’s time for me help him back.

 

PARK SOOYEON

      I don’t know what has gotten to my mind but I actually plead for Lee Jiyeon’s help. I didn’t think that there would come a time that I would need that girl’s help but I was left with no choice. No one can help us but her. I hate Lee Jiyeon, I really do. From the moment she stepped inside this school until now, I hate her. It’s because she is the only girl who is close to Kai besides from me. Kai never allowed any girl to be close with him. Even me, it took me a lot of days and efforts to make Kai turn to me but that girl… she easily got into Kai’s zone and it made me feel jealous. But I know that Kai trusts her so much and he considers her as a friend. I just really need to compose myself and try hard not to be ruthless towards her.

      I quickly went home as soon as the bell rang and immediately phoned Kai.

      “Hello?” he whispered from the other line.

      Kai is actually not allowed to take calls from the outside but good thing he was able to hide one of his old phones and he used it to contact me.

      “Have you eaten yet?” I asked him, worry constant in my voice.

      “Don’t worry about me too much, Soo.” He muttered, “I’m fine, how about you?” he asked.

      I know well that he didn’t eat, again. It has been days since he last ate and I’m really bothered about his health.

      “You need to eat, love. Everything’s alright now so please, gain some strength.” I told him.

      “I will, don’t worry.” He answered back.

      I decided to drop the topic because I know that we will just lead to an argument and that’s the last thing that I want to happen so I just decided to tell him about Jiyeon.

      “I already talked to Jiyeon.” I informed him.

      “What did she said?” he asked, his voice full of hope.

      “She agreed.” I answered back.

      “Really?!” he asked, his voice laced with happiness.

      “Yes, that’s why please eat now and don’t worry anymore.” I told him, “We’ll make it out of this mess.” I mumbled.

      “I’m sorry Soo,” he apologized, “It should be me who should fight for our love.” He exclaimed as I heard him sniff from the other line.

      I know very well that he’s already crying on the other line but he was acting all tough. I cannot help but to cry as well. I have never seen Kai cry nor hear his sobs but hearing it firsthand just breaks my heart. Why do we have to bear this pain? This issue isn’t about us, it’s about our family. Why do we need to pay for something that we didn’t even do?

      “Don’t apologize, love.” I told him, “It’s not your fault.”

      “But still, I’m sorry.” He muttered, “Don’t worry, when I come out of this hell, I’ll fix everything. I’ll fix us.”

      “I love you, love.” I told him.

      “I love you too, Soo.”

      With that, we bid each other goodbye and hang up. I sighed and wiped the tears from my face. I looked at the withered flowers that Kai gave me.

      “Is our relationship similar to this flower?” I asked the wind.

      “Is our relationship withering just like these Anemones that you gave me?”


Author's message ♥

I hope that you guys like the update and if you guys are wondering what Anemones are, you can always search it ;) Anyways, please do subscribe if you like my story. You can also freely criticize me using the comment box, I don't mind as long as it is constructive! Please do upvote too! xoxo, Jihyun


Isaiah 7:14 - Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.