[thirteen] Tan.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 15, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      Another week has passed since I agreed to be Kai’s fake girlfriend. I still can’t believe it but I guess I can’t stand the fact that Kai is hurting. He’s one of my treasured friends after all. Kai already called me that night and thanked me for my decision. The day after that, he went to my house early in the morning to tell me the things that we will need in order for our fake relationship to work. We even came up with rules and limitations. Sooyeon also talked to me in school and reminded me clearly that everything is just a show and I should stick by it. I cannot help but to laugh at her. I mean, can she just put her heart at ease? I will never fall in love with his boyfriend.

      “Ayaka, are you listening to me?” I was cut off from my reverie when I heard Kai’s voice.

      “Ugh… yeah,” I muttered.

      I am actually here in Kai’s car right now and we’re going somewhere today. We decided to start our fake relationship today and he said that we’re going on a date. Can you believe that?! We’re going on a date. I can’t really believe this! I never imagined myself being together with this jerk beside me.

      “So where are we going?” I asked him.

      “To the mall,” he answered back. “We’re going to start everything today,” he smiled.

      I rolled my eyes at him. I can’t really believe everything that’s happening right now but I guess I can’t really turn away from Kai when he was experiencing hard times.

      We arrived at the mall and when I went down the car, Kai quickly held my hands but I immediately yanked it.

      “I told you not to have any skin ships.” I told him. “No hugging, no holding hands or kissing!” I snarled.

      Kai smirked.

      It has been a while since I last saw that playful smirk and somehow, I felt happy to see it again.

      “But you already hugged me, once.” Kai told me with a big smile in his face, teasing me.

      I felt my face heat up. Argh! Why is he suddenly bringing that up?!

      “That’s… that’s because you looked like a complete idiot!” I exclaimed, trying to get away from the hot seat.

      “Oh yeah?” he chuckled, “Remind me not to cry in front of you ever again.” He exclaimed.

      After that, we just talked in no sense until we reached a boutique.

      Note to self: Teach Kai to talk with sense.

      We arrived at the boutique and I looked around and I was really happy to see such beautiful clothes.

      “What are we doing here?” I asked him.

      “My family owns this and it would be great if somebody sees us together.” He whispered to me.

      “Mr. Kim!” we looked in front to see a woman walking towards us.

      “Manager Seo,” Kai smiled.

      “It has been years since you last went here.” The woman exclaimed. “What is it that you need? Are you buying your mom clothes?”

      “No, I’m actually here to buy some things for my friend.” Kai answered.

      Friend? I thought I’m his girlfriend. But oh well, that’s better than the latter.

      “Manager Seo, meet Lee Jiyeon.” Kai turned to the woman and then he turned to me, “Ayaka, this is Manager Seo. She manages our clothing line.”

      “Hello,” I greeted humbly as I bowed.

      “Nice to meet you.” Manager Seo exclaimed with a smile in her face but somehow, her face showed something else. It seems like she is faking her smile.

      “Could you show us the new clothes?” Kai asked and manager Seo immediately nodded.

      She led us towards the fitting room together with the clothes that Kai asked.

      “Try everything that I will pick.” Kai told me.

      I waited for him to pick the clothes that he wants while I was there, sitting on the couch.

      After some time, Kai turned to me and smiled, “I already picked everything. Why don’t you try it on?” he asked.

      I just nodded and went to the fitting room. I looked at the clothes that he chose and I was happy that he was quiet stylish. I put on the first dress that he picked. It was a simple red dress with black long sleeves. It also has a beautiful collar that fits me so well. I went outside and Kai immediately smiled as soon as he saw me. He just nodded and motioned me to fit the others. I fitted everything and he liked everything. There were five dresses in total and he bought everything. We left the boutique and went to the cellphone store where we bought his couple phone with Sooyeon.

      “What are we doing here?” I asked him.

      “I just want to buy you a phone.” He exclaimed.

      What? He already bought me so many things! And at expensive prices at that! I can’t let him buy me more! I would look like a total gold digger.

      “No thanks,” I muttered, “I’m fine with my phone.” I told him.

      “Come on, we need a couple phone to make it more realistic.” He told me.

      He quickly dragged me inside the store and bought a new cellphone. I didn’t paid attention to him and just waited for him to finish buying the couple phones. After buying, Kai gave me a white hand phone.

      “I already put my number there.” He informed me.

      We started walking when Kai stopped and put his arms around my shoulder.

      “Let’s take a picture.” He exclaimed suddenly and captured the moment.

      “KIM JONGIN!” I shouted.

      He just captured me looking so ugly!

      “Delete that picture this instant!” I exclaimed.

      “What? You look beautiful here!” he teased as he laughed hysterically.

      “Oh shut up.” I mumbled.

      After bickering, we decided to eat and then go home. We were inside the car and we were again, bickering. Well what would you expect from us? We would always bicker when we’re with each other. We were screaming and all, talking about what to call each other. I don’t actually like the idea of having pet names but he said to give it a try. He also told me that we can’t call each other ‘love’ since he is using that pet name with Sooyeon.

      “I’ll call you ‘Chubs’!” Kai exclaimed.

      I eventually glared at him because I know that he’s up to something.

      “Chubs as in chubby!” he laughed almost choking on his own breath.

      I knew it! Tsk!

      “You know what? I want to strangle you right now.” I glared at him.

      “Go on, strangle me, chubs.” He chuckled, “Anyway, what do you want to call me?” he asked as he winked at me.

      Oh gosh! That sight was so disgusting!

      “Ew!” I exclaimed, “Please don’t do that again or I’ll take your eyeballs out!” I snarled.

      He just rolled his eyes at me and asked impatiently, “So what’s the pet name?”

      I acted like I was thinking then I finally came up with the best pet name for him!

      “Aha!” I exclaimed, “I’ll call you… Tan!” I muttered.

      “Tan?” he asked.

      “Yeap!” I answered back happily, “Tan as in dark skinned!” I laughed just like how he laughed a moment ago.

      I saw how his eyes narrowed and came back at me.

      “Oh yeah?” he asked, “Chubby! Piggy!” he shouted in my face.

      “Kkamjjong!” I shouted back.

      And the rest of the car ride? It was a complete chaos!

 

Seoul, South Korea – May 16, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      A week had passed since Ayaka agreed to be my fake girlfriend and in that week, everything went back to normal. Mom and dad eventually let me go out of my room when they found out that I already broke up with Sooyeon which is a complete lie. It is also the same week where I really missed Sooyeon. We barely talk in school, fearing that someone might tell my parents that we are still dating. We only communicate through my old phone or when we go for a coffee after class in Hongdae. I felt kind of lonely because of our setup but good thing Ayaka is always here to cheer me up. I constantly annoy her whenever I’m bored. We decided not to tell anybody about our relationship yet. We will tell everyone that we’re dating after a month to make it look realistic.

      I went downstairs to have my breakfast and I was shocked to see mom and dad eating. I don’t expect them to be home since they are always away or at work.

      “Good morning, son.” My dad greeted me but I didn’t greet him back.

      I sat away from my mom and dad and started eating.

      “Manager Seo called me yesterday.” Mom opened up.

      I didn’t respond and continued eating.

      “She said that you were with a girl and that you bought her some clothes.”

      The news spread by so fast, huh?

      “Yeah, so?” I asked.

      “Are you going out with her?” she asked but I didn’t answer.

      “Give your son a break, Kyunghee.” Dad exclaimed, “What’s important now is your son broke up with that Sooyeon girl.”

      “I already broke up with Sooyeon so please don’t bother her anymore.” I told them, “I will not talk to her ever again if that’s what you like. I’ll be moving on my life and when I do, please don’t meddle with it again.” I told them and left the dining room, not finishing the food that I was eating.

      Ugh! I hate them! They’re destroying my day!

      I decided to just call Ayaka out who is probably on her way to school.

      “Ayaka,” I called from the phone.

      “What do you want?” she asked, her voice not welcoming.

      “I’m outside your house. Let’s go to school together.” I told her and hang up before she could even retort.

      I know her very well. She likes to say no to me whenever she has the opportunity so I’m not going to give her any opportunity to say no this time.


Romans 12:19 - Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”