[thirty-nine] Special Chapter II.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – July 2, 2016

MOON GAYOUNG

      Summer vacation is here and I’m currently alone here at the club. I’ve been drinking these past few days since I’ve last saw Yugyeom. Do you know that feeling when you’re hurt and you thought that you have moved on but when that person showed up, you just can’t help but to feel the same pain again? That’s what I’m feeling right now and I just feel so sullen. I want someone to talk to but since Jiyeon went to Japan with Kai, I can’t tell my pain to anybody. Well probably, I wouldn’t want to tell this to her because it’s too complicated. I drank the last sip of my wine and sighed. I’m close to finishing one bottle of wine but still, I’m not even close to tipsy.

      “Another bottle of wine, please,” I slurred as I drink my last glass.

      “A glass of Boulevardier, please,” a man exclaimed as he sat beside me.

      The waiter gave me another bottle of wine and I started to open it.

      “If I were you, I would just have Caribou Lou and forget all my problems. Drinking wine will never get you drunk especially if you have a high tolerance for alcohol.”

      I turned to my side and was shocked to see Park Chanyeol sitting beside me. I quickly glared at him and decided to leave. I don’t want to deal with anyone who is connected with Yugyeom. And certainly, I don’t want to talk to someone like him right now. Before I could leave completely, he held my arm and chuckled.

      “Leaving as soon as the party has started?” he asked, “I’m not here to pester you Gayoung-ah.” He muttered, speaking in informal tone.

      “As I last checked, we are not friends, so there is no way you’re addressing me informally.” I told him as I removed his hands from my arms.

      “Oh, sorry,” he muttered as he scratched the back of his head.

      I just rolled my eyes at him and went back to my seat. I poured myself a glass of wine and sighed. I don’t know but I just feel so down and I just want to forget everything.

      “About what happened last time, I’m sorry.” He exclaimed, “I didn’t mean to brush against your wound. I was just asking.”

      You guys must be wondering why he’s apologizing right now. Well, after he called me ‘Master K’s little vixen’, I walked out on him. I left the bar and told Jiyeon that I felt sick and I needed to go. I just wanted to avoid anyone who knows Yugyeom because I don’t want to be tied with him again but this guy in front of me just can’t get the gist of it. He followed me and bothered me by asking what happened, being so insensitive that I don’t want to talk about it.

      “First of all, you are in no place to ask what is between me and Kim Yugyeom. By the way, why are you sticking your nose to other people’s business?” I asked him, angry.

      “Because I find you mysterious,” he answered, too straightforward for my liking.

      I was taken aback. Did he just say that he finds me mysterious? Seriously, we only met that one night and he has been nosy ever since!

      “What did you say?” I asked, asking him to take back what he said.

      “I said, I find you mysterious.” He repeated, not getting any of my hints.

      “You find me mysterious?” I scoffed, “If you’re forgotten, we have met only once.” I told him.

      “Really?” he asked as he smirked at me.

      I don’t know why but suddenly, he irks me. I just hate the way he smirks. It seems like he’s hiding something away from me.

      “Actually,” he smiled as he take a sip from his drink, “I have met you far before.” He told me.

      “You’ve met me before?” I asked, surprised.

      “Yeah, I saw you last 2014 in Russia… at the Kim’s Manor.” He muttered smugly.

      “Russia?” I asked.

      I was surprised. Surely, I was in Russia last 2014… and I was with Yugyeom.

      “Ever since Master K told everyone that you’re his little vixen, I was quickly mystified by you. How can someone like you change the heartless Kim Yugyeom?” he asked.

      I don’t remember what happened but it seems like I was off reality and went back to my past, replaying everything before my very eyes. I was 16 years old back then, a mere 10th grader.

 

Seoul, South Korea – January 2013 (Winter)

      It was a very cold day and everything in my life was falling apart. It was the day when my mother found out that my dad is having an affair with her sister. It was also the day when I fell out of my 1st place in our school ranking. Everything was chaotic and I can still remember it clearly. My mom and dad were screaming at each other at our living room, throwing things at each other, hurting each other. And I was there, at the second floor of our house, crying. It was a traumatizing scene, to see your parents drifting from each other, seeing your family fall apart. It was also the day when I started to rebel. I was too hurt with everything that I broke down.

      “You cheated on me!” my mom shouted, “With my own sister!”

      “Can you blame me?!” my dad shouted back, “How can I love you when you’re constantly busy with your work?! I’m too lonely Jinkyung-ah!”

      “ that bull!” my mom shouted, cursing, “I did that because it was all for you! For Gayoung! If only you can have a decent job, then I wouldn’t be working my overnight!”

      I can’t help but to shake my head and cover my ears. I can’t believe that I will be hearing these from my parents. I have lived in love and harmony but now… everything’s just ruined and it’s all because of my father’s doing. I can’t stand watching everything so I decided to leave the house. I packed my things and threw it out my window. I climbed out of my terrace and had my way down. I grabbed my bag and left my house, which is now hell. I was crying on the street, thinking of where to go. I don’t have any friends to go to since I’m a loner. I’m a geek and a nerd, having no friends.

      “Mom…” I cried as I closed my eyes shut.

      I was walking on the streets of Gangnam, where everything feels so lively and happy while I was there, crying.

      “Gayoung?” Someone called my name.

      I looked back and saw one of my sunbaes in school, Go Hyerim. I stared at her and smiled forcedly.

      “S-sunbae,” I called.

      “What are you doing here, at this cold night?” she asked me.

      I never had any interactions with her or with any of my classmates or schoolmates but I’m just thankful that she’s talking to me right now.

      “I-I ran away from home,” I muttered.

      “What?” she asked, surprised, “You’re freezing, we should get you warm.” She exclaimed as she smiled at me warmly.

      I came with her but I was shocked when we were on our way to the bar just nearby. I quickly stopped on my tracks, surprising Hyerim-sunbae.

      “What’s wrong?” she asked.

      “I-I can’t go there,” I exclaimed.

      “Don’t worry, I will not hurt you.” She smiled at me, making me believe her, “I work here so it will be alright but after I work, I’ll make sure that you will go home safely. I just can’t leave you wandering on the scary streets of Seoul.”

      I wanted to decline her offer but I know how good Hyerim-sunbae is. We went inside the club and the bouncers almost blocked us but thanks to sunbae, they let us in. Hyerim-sunbae smiled at me and led me to the corner where she asked me to sit.

      “What happened?” she asked.

      “M-my mom and dad are fighting at home,” I answered, “I don’t want to go home again.” I whispered.

      “You shouldn’t think like that.” She muttered, “Even though everything’s happening as it is, you should always put on your mind that they are still your parents.”

      I shook my head as my tears fell on my face.

      “I don’t want to see them anymore,” I exclaimed.

      “Then where are you going now?” she asked, “Leaving your home will be more hell. I have experienced it myself.” She exclaimed.

      I stared at her as she held my hand.

      “Just look at me, I’m working day and night just to provide myself an education because my dad’s just sticking out his to any woman he sees.” She scoffed but immediately brushed it off, “But anyway, you should go home after you feel better.”

      “I-I’ll think about it,” I murmured, “But for the meantime, can I stay with you for a night?” I asked, begging her with my pleading eyes.

      She sighed and nodded, “Fine, but just for one day and after that, you’re going home.”

      I smiled and nodded, “Thank you sunbae,” I exclaimed.

      “Eonni,” she exclaimed, “Call me eonni.”

      “Hyerim-eonni,” I called.

      She smiled, “Okay, stay here. I’ll be going back to my job.” She muttered, “Stay here and don’t move but if you need me, I’ll be at the DJ booth.”

      I nodded back at her and sighed. She left my side while I was left alone in the club. After eonni left, that was when I felt that I was really inside a club. I’ve never been into a club before but it always intrigues me since most of my friends go to different clubs every weekend. I looked around the club and I can see the blinding, colorful lights, the dancing mob, I can hear the loud music as my heart beats with it and I can see the provocative and revealing dresses of the people inside the club.

      “What is a minor doing here in my club?” someone asked.

      I searched for the voice and saw a stunning guy walking towards me. He was wearing a black leather jacket, black shirt, ripped jeans and black combat boots. I don’t know why but I felt scared just by looking at him because there is this bad boy aura to him. He has this jet black messy hair and he has lots of piercings in his ears as well as a stud on his lips. He his lips which I thought was y and right there, that very spot, I fell in love.

      “What are you doing here?” he asked.

      “I-I was—“ he cut me off before I could even finish what I was about to say, “Don’t answer that, but… what is your name again?” he asked me.

      “M-moon Gayoung,” I answered back.

      “And how old are you?” he asked.

      “S-sixteen,” I answered again.

      “You’re only a minor and yet, you got to go inside my club.” He muttered, “The name’s Kim Yugyeom, I’m 18 years old and I’m the owner of this club.”

      “K-kim—“ he cut me yet again and smirked, “It’s Master K for you,”

      I stared at his eyes and then, I was lost in his eyes.


New Characters;

     

Kim Yugyeom | Master K
20 years old
Leader of the Red Kaiser gang
Gayoung's ex-boyfriend


1 Timothy 5:8 - Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.