[thirty-four] I will believe you.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Tongyeong, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea – June 27, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It has been two days since Kai and I have fought. We basically don’t talk to each other and I always avoid him at all cost. But I can’t just understand why he’s still staying at our house after all that happened. Eonni and oppa already noticed but they didn’t ask what happened. They know better than that. Right now, we’re here at Tongyeong. This is where our team building will be done and I am teamed up with Kai and Gayoung but I am mostly with Gayoung since I can’t stand the sight of Kai. We already arrived at the retreat house and we’re starting the activities. We will be staying here for three days. We are currently playing ballgames at the minute. The boys are playing basketball as of the moment while we’re playing dodgeball. We already fought against the red team and we won so now, we’re on to play against the yellow team which is Sooyeon’s team. I don’t do personal games so I’m not going to be hot on her.

      “Hey, our team already won against their first opponent in basketball.” Gayoung informed me.

      “That’s great but we still need to win this,” I told her and she nodded.

      We started playing and I’m not really paying attention to Sooyeon but I realized that she keeps on hitting me with the ball. I mean, what the heck is her problem?! I don’t want to throw back the ball at her because I was trying to focus on the game but she keeps on bugging me! I was dodging all her hits and I can see how frustrated she is that she’s not hitting me. Tss, how can she be so immature? The game was almost coming to an end and our side was winning. There were still three of our members and there were two of them, including Sooyeon.

      “Why is Sooyeon always trying to hit Ayaka?” I heard Gayoung asked from the side since she was already out.

      I know that this girl is playing personally, tss. If only Kai knows the truth about her personality—“Jiyeon!”

      I was snapped out of my daydream when a ball hit me straight on my face. I fell to the ground and felt the strong impact of the ball to me. I was quiet dizzy but I still tried to stand up.

      “Jiyeon, are you okay?” Anna asked as soon as I stood up.

      I held onto her since my world seems spinning.

      “Oh my gosh, you’re bleeding!” Jinah exclaimed as she pointed my nose.

      I held my nose and saw that there was really blood on it. Aish!

      “Time out and substitution!” the referee shouted.

      Our teacher ran to me and saw my condition.

      “Ms. Lee, go back to your room and have Mrs. Nam give you first aid. Ms. Moon, take Ms. Lee back to your room.” Our teacher instructed.

      Gayoung just nodded and led me to the hall while I was looking up to prevent the blood from coming out.

      “Are you okay?” Gayoung asked as soon as I sat down on the chair.

      I was pinching my nose while Gayoung was beside me.

      “I’m fine,” I exclaimed.

      “Seriously, what’s wrong with that Park Sooyeon?!” Gayoung exclaimed angrily.

      Sooyeon? So it was that girl?

      “Tss, that girl is seriously getting on my nerves.” I muttered.

      Everything that she’s doing right now makes me hate her. Is this the girl that Kai fall in love with? I just can’t believe it. After some minutes, the bleeding finally stopped. Gayoung went back to the field and good thing that we won against Sooyeon’s team. Karma strikes. I decided to rest for a bit since I am still a bit dizzy.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      The game between our team and the green team has already ended and our team won. We were fighting against Choi Minho and Kim Myungsoo and those two are seriously into the game but I don’t ing care since we won. I am walking and I’m on the way to see if our team was winning on dodgeball. Those girls better be winning so we can be the champion for today’s activities. When I arrived there, our team was already playing against the orange team but then I noticed that Ayaka was nowhere to be seen. I decided to find Gayoung because I know for sure that they are together but I was shocked when Gayoung was alone.

      “Gayoung, where’s Ayaka?” I asked.

      “Why do you even care? Why don’t you ask that ex-girlfriend of yours?!” she exclaimed as she walked out on me but I was quick to hold her arms.

      “Tell me Gayoung, what happened?” I asked.

      “Can you please tell your girlfriend, I mean ex-girlfriend to stop harassing my best friend?! Jiyeon has been nothing but good to the both of you! She even helped you to hide your relation to your father. You know Kai, I am not really a nosy person but I just can’t stand at the side and watch the both of you hurt Jiyeon.” She exclaimed.

      Wait, what the hell is she talking about?

      “I can’t understand you.” I exclaimed.

      Gayoung rolled her eyes heavenwards and crossed her arms.

      “I don’t really want to tell this to you because it’s better if you will hear this straight from Jiyeon herself but knowing that kid, she will not tell you. So in behalf of her, I’ll tell you everything,” she muttered. “That Park Sooyeon girl just played personally against Jiyeon. She kept on aiming to Jiyeon but good thing my girl managed to dodge every ball. But you know what the worst part is?” she asked.

      I don’t know if I’m going to believe her or not. Sooyeon is not that type of girl, besides she doesn’t have any reason to do that.

      “Gayoung,” I called her to stop her from telling me lies.

      “Listen to me first Kim Jongin,” she exclaimed, “Your ex-girlfriend hit Jiyeon straight to her face.”

      What?! Is she serious?! Sooyeon will not do that. She’s not the type of girl to do those kinds of things.

      “Jiyeon’s nose bled after what happened, causing her to not attend any games as of the afternoon since she’s dizzy.” She informed me, “If you don’t want to believe me, why don’t you see it for yourself? Jiyeon is at our room.” Gayoung exclaimed before going back to the field. Seriously, what’s up with her? I just shook my head and decided to search for Ayaka. I don’t know why but I’m worried about her even though we fought. I do still not believe in Gayoung but there’s something in my head that’s telling me to look for Ayaka and see the truth for myself. I was walking when I bumped into someone and it was her.

      “Kai,” she called.

      “Sooyeon,” I called.

      Sooyeon is the one who told me of what happened during her fight with Ayaka and I chose to believe her because I’ve known her for almost a year but I don’t know why I’m feeling this but I feel like something’s wrong. I looked at Sooyeon and it seems like she was out crying.

      “What’s wrong?” I asked.

      “It’s nothing,” she exclaimed.

      “No, tell me.” I urged, “What happened?” I asked.

      “I don’t really want to say this to you but I just can’t stand Lee Jiyeon anymore. She has been bullying me for days now. And now, she played our game personally. She kept on aiming to hit me while we’re playing the dodgeball and when I was spacing out, she even hit me in the face.”

      Wait, I think I already heard this story.

      “She did?” I asked.

      “I know you’ll not believe me but please, tell that fiancé of yours to stop bugging me.” Sooyeon exclaimed as she left me there, standing.

      These girls are seriously driving me insane! Ugh! I decided to find Ayaka and see the truth for myself. I went to the girls’ quarters but I was blocked by Mrs. Nam.

      “Mr. Kim, where do you think you’re going?” she asked.

      “Ugh, I just want to visit Ayaka.” I exclaimed.

      “Ayaka?” she asked, clueless.

      “Lee Jiyeon,” I answered, “There’s something that I need to tell her.”

      “Fine, but be quick.” She muttered.

      I nodded and quickly searched for their room. It’s on the first floor so it won’t be hard for me to search for Ayaka. I was walking and searching but I guess I won’t be searching now. I saw Ayaka coming out of their room.

      “Ayaka,” I called.

      She looked at me and I can see that she actually hates me right now.

      “What now?” she asked as she went back to their room.

      I followed her and before I could even ask about what happened between her and Sooyeon, I already got my confirmation. I saw tons of cottons soaked with blood on her table.

      “What happened to that?” I asked.

      “Nothing,” Ayaka exclaimed as she throw the cottons on the trash bin.

      “I don’t really want to tell this to you because it’s better if you will hear this straight from Jiyeon herself but knowing that kid, she will not tell you.” Gayoung’s voice suddenly popped at the back of my mind. Is this what she’s talking about?

      “Tell me Ayaka,” I exclaimed, “Did Sooyeon do this to you?” I asked.

      I saw the surprise that was in her orbs but she quickly blink it away.

      “You wouldn’t believe me if I say so,” she exclaimed as she sat on her bed.

      So what Gayoung told me was true?

      “I will… I will believe you just tell me the truth.” I exclaimed.

      I can’t believe that Sooyeon has been lying to my face and she has been making me and Ayaka fight. I mean, why is she even doing this?!

      “My gosh Kai, don’t you get it? That ex-girlfriend of yours is playing with you again!” Ayaka’s voice rang at the back of my head and I couldn’t believe that I told her so many hurtful things when she has been telling me the truths all along.

      “Fine,” Ayaka exclaimed, “Your ex-girlfriend just threw the ball straight at my face, giving me nosebleed.”

      I can’t believe this! Why would Sooyeon do such thing?!

      “A-ayaka…” I called.

      “What? Did she lie to you again? What now?” she asked, frustrated, “Well go, believe her. I don’t care.” She muttered.

      “I’m sorry,” I exclaimed as I look down.

      “W-what?” Ayaka asked, stunned.

      “I said I’m sorry that I didn’t believe you.” I muttered.

      I feel so bad towards Ayaka and I’m really sorry for everything that I’ve done. I’m a jerk, I know.

      “Kai—“ before Ayaka could even finish what she’s about to say, Mrs. Nam entered the room.

      “Five minutes is over, Kim.” Mrs. Nam exclaimed. “Out, now.”

      I looked at Ayaka and she was just looking down.

      “Meet me at the playground during the free time. I have lots to tell you.” I muttered before leaving.

      I shook my head when I left the girls’ quarters. All of the good things that Ayaka did just for me suddenly came rushing back to my mind. From the time when she agreed to be my fake girlfriend until the only girl I love left me… she was there. She never left me even though I have been nothing but a nuisance. She was my shoulder to cry on but now… I’m the reason why she’s hurting emotionally… and physically. What have you done Kim Jongin?! You just hurt the only person who’s caring for you right now. How can you be so dumb?! Argh!

      “I should’ve not listened to Sooyeon.” I whispered.

      I was walking, full of regrets in my mind. I was on the way to the Quidditch match when I saw Sooyeon together with her friends.

      “Park Sooyeon, I can’t believe that you could do this.” I whispered to thin air.

      The Sooyeon that I have known is sweet, loving and caring but what’s happening to her now? She’s not the Park Sooyeon that I love.

      “Sooyeon,” I called.

      She turned to me and quickly smiled when she saw me. I ran to her while her friends left.

      “Kai,” she smiled.

      Oh that sweet smile… how could she even do that? I just can’t believe it… but maybe… she has a reason.

      “Why did you do that?” I asked.


Author's message ♥

First of all, I want to greet everyone a happy new year! It has been three months since I first wrote this story and I am very thankful that you guys had been with me throughout those months. I hope that you guys will continue on supporting my stories especially this one! It's still far from the end and we're just starting. I hope that you would stick with me till the end of this book! Anyway, I hope that you guys liked my update. If you liked it, please do susbcribe, comment and upvote. It will be appreciated! Again, happy new year and may God bless you all!

Sending purple hearts, Han Jihyun


1 Peter 4:8 - Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.