[eighty-two] Edward & Jake.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – October 24, 2016

KIM MYUNGSOO | L

      Ever since my best friend left this world, my world has been dark and quiet. It was not until I met this wonderful person who brought back the light and music to my life. She showed me how beautiful life can still be and I’m very thankful for that. I loved every moment with her, I loved every second and now that she needs to be with someone else, I set her free. I lost my best friend again, but this time to a man. I miss Jiyeon so much. I know that it has only been days since I last saw her but still, I miss her. I haven’t bonded with her ever since than because she have been spending all her time with her boyfriend, Kai. I don’t know why but ever since Jiyeon left for Kai, I feel empty, like my world is dark again. So today, I’m eating all by myself in the cafeteria. It’s kind of sad since I always eat with Jiyeon but now, I’m by myself. I thought that I would get used to it, the feeling of being alone ever since Nayoung left but when Jiyeon entered my life, it feels like I will never be alone again, but I guess I am wrong.

      “Hey, why are you eating here alone?” I was startled when someone talked to me.

      To be honest, I was hoping that it would be Jiyeon but to my dismay, Gayoung was the one who was in front of me, smiling. Don’t get me wrong, I was more than happy that someone is approaching me but it’s just disappointing that it wasn’t Jiyeon, but still, I’m thankful to Gayoung since she noticed my loneliness.

      “I-I don’t have anyone to spend my lunch with,” I answered, sounding like a complete loser.

      “Oh, I think I know why,” she smiled as she sat beside me, “Jiyeon is not here to be with you anymore.” She muttered and I just sighed and chuckled sadly.

      “Well, she’s spending time with Kai now. I heard that they’re already together now, for real.” I exclaimed.

      Jiyeon actually told me the news the day after she answered Kai. She was ecstatic and I heard it clearly through the phone when she called me. I wish I could be happy for her but somehow, I couldn’t. I feel like I’m losing my only bestfriend again and it’s just… a painful process. Call me selfish but you couldn’t blame me for wanting her for myself. I’ve lost my bestfriend once and having to go through it again is even more painful.

      “Well, they are and I noticed that ever since that they were together, you have been spending your time alone.” Gayoung told me and I just nodded.

      “I don’t have any friends but her,” I told her.

      She shook her head and an emotion passed by her face and smiled at me, “Am I not your friend?” she chuckled and I immediately shook my head.

      “That’s not what I meant,” I exclaimed, “You’re my friend but you know Jiyeon, I can tell her anything that I want.” I muttered and she just nodded.

      “I understand,” she smiled. “Anyway, why don’t you go with us later? We’re going to the bar to celebrate.” She invited me. I was ready to decline but she immediately cut me off, “I’m not taking a ‘no’ for an answer. I know that it has been days since you last bonded with Jiyeon. You can bond with her tonight!” she beamed but I shook my head.

      “I bet she won’t even notice that I would be there.” I muttered but Gayoung just smiled.

      “You don’t know how Jiyeon misses you so much. She misses her best friend.” She winked, “You’re going later okay? I’ll be waiting for you.” She muttered, “8:00 PM, at the Venue.” I was about to decline again when she stood up and smiled at me, “I better get going before you decline the offer.” She winked and left.

 

      School is finally done and I went home earlier than usual because usually, I would drop by the café near our school and would buy some cupcakes for Jiyeon or maybe, drive her home. But now, I don’t think I need to do those stuffs anymore, Kai is there and he might have given her sweet treats already. I arrived home and went to my room immediately. My life has been boring now, ever since Jiyeon and Kai had been together. I would just go to school, go back home and sleep. I won’t bake treats for her anymore, or stay by their house to jam or whatnot. So right now, I am just sitting here and I’m just watching Netflix when my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw that Gayoung messaged me.

 

From: Gayoung-ie ☺

Myungsoo! I know that you’re still thinking about whether to go to the bar but please do come! I already told Jiyeon that you will come. She will definitely get upset and disappointed if you don’t show up. So please! Do this for her! ♥

 

      I sighed and was about to decline her offer when Jiyeon’s upset face flashed across my mind and it was as if she was convincing me to go. I smiled, knowing that she would probably spoil the mood if I don’t show up. (I’ll just claim that so I would have a reason to go, so yeah.) I finally smiled and got up from my bed and went to shower. I think I’ll have a long night ahead.

 

KIM JONGIN | KAI

       Today, the gang decided to throw a small party for me and Ayaka. They said that they wanted to celebrate that finally, we are together, and now, for real. I decided to wear a simple white longsleeves, black pants and sleek black shoes to go with it. I’m here at Ayaka’s room, waiting for her to be finished getting ready. She’s still inside her closet, changing and it has been hours already. Seriously, why do girls take so much time to put on a dress?

      After some minutes, she finally came out wearing a beautiful black leather pants and a see-through red blouse. It wasn’t anything y but I guess, whatever she wears will be y as hell, “What do you think?” she asked as she turned to me.

      “Grab a sweater, just in case,” I joked, but not really.

      “Don’t get me started Kim Jongin.” She huffed.

      “I’m just kidding,” I laughed as I stood up from her bed and went to her side and back-hugged her, “You know that I just want you to be safe.” I muttered as I kissed her cheeks.

      She just smiled and turned to me, “I will be because you’re there and I know that you won’t let anything bad happen to me.” she muttered and I just nodded.

      “By the way,” I exclaimed as I took her hand and removed the silver ring that I gave her in Japan, “You won’t need this.” I exclaimed.

      “W-what?” she asked as she frowned when I took the ring away from her, “But you gave me that.” She pouted.

      “I gave it to you when we were pretending.” I explained, “But now is not pretend babe,” I winked. I took a small white box from my pocket and opened it in front of her. She was shocked as she gasped when I opened it. I took the silver ring from the box and put it on her small ring finger, “It’s a promise ring.” I muttered. It is a simple silver ring with a small diamond embedded in the middle of the ring.

      “I-it’s beautiful,” she stuttered.

      “I also got one,” I smiled as I showed her a silver ring identical to hers but has a black lining on the middle.

      “When did you prepare this?” she asked as she admired the ring.

      “I customized it ever since I knew to myself that I love you. I was just waiting for the perfect moment.” I exclaimed.

      “Thank you babe,” she smiled as she gave me a quick peck on my lips.

      “That kiss was more than enough,” I smiled.

      “Ehem,” we were surprised when someone coughed awkwardly from the door and we saw Gayoung and Chanyeol smirking, “We hate to interrupt but the club is waiting for us,” Gayoung muttered.

      “I guess one kiss is enough for the day. Am I right, lovebirds?” Chanyeol kid and I just shook my head.

      These people just love to interrupt us in our most romantic time.

      “Guys, you should learn to knock.” Ayaka muttered, feeling embarrassed as she held my hand, “Come on now!” she muttered as she drag me outside her room, earning her a couple of laughs from Gayoung and Chanyeol.

      We arrived at the Venue and we were welcomed by the loud music and blinking lights. We went to our table and settled ourselves. Sehun is not here, we’re still not in the best of conditions and he decided to distance himself away from us which I kind of understand. Time will fly and I know soon, he will come back to us. I was sitting beside Ayaka when Gayoung welcomed someone from the side.

      “L!” Gayoung smiled and instantly, I felt Ayaka stood up as she searched for that person.

      “Myung!” Ayaka smiled happily as she went closer to L Kim.

      “Hey Ji!” he smiled.

      Kim Myungsoo isn’t really my best of friend, to be honest, I hate his guts. But ever since the day that he made me realize how much I love Ayaka, my hate for him lessened but it doesn’t mean that it is gone completely. I still hate him for some reason and I guess that will never be taken away from me. I don’t know but this guy has a strange connection with Ayaka that I can’t understand. If I were Ayaka’s Edward, it seems like Myungsoo is Ayaka’s Jake. It’s a weird combination but I know how much Myungsoo makes Ayaka happy.

      “I missed you Myung,” Ayaka beamed as she hugged him tight, “I’m sorry that I’ve been missing out on you.” She muttered.

      “It’s fine,” he smiled back genuinely.

 

      After some time, the others were pretty hyped up and went to the floor to dance. Ayaka asked me to dance but I didn’t want to get wild tonight especially that she’s going all out. I will be sober tonight and be a guard for her. I’m now sitting alone at the table together with Myungsoo. It was awkward but still, I decided to break the ice.

      “So ugh, how’s life?” I asked Myungsoo.

      “Are you talking to me?” he asked, surprised and I nodded.

      “Well, my life has been pretty boring ever since you took Jiyeon away.” He answered honestly.

      I just smirked and shook my head. I know why he said that but still, I couldn’t help but to smile.

      “I didn’t take her,” I muttered, “But anyway, I’ll just apologize for taking your best friend away.” I exclaimed, “But don’t worry, I will still give her time for you guys to bond with each other.” I told him and he just nodded.

      “I didn’t think that you could give that time to Jiyeon.” He laughed, “I thought you hate me?” he asked and I just laughed back.

      “I do,” I answered, “But Jiyeon loves you.” I muttered. “You have a strange connection with her that I will never understand. She looks at you like you’re her favorite person in the world but I know that she doesn’t feel ‘that way’ towards you.” I exclaimed, “It feels like you guys are twins or something.”

      “We have a different kind of bond Kai,” he told me as he sipped from his tequila, “I also don’t know how to describe it. I’m also not attracted to her in any romantic way but she’s just special to me,” he muttered, “So don’t hate me already. I’m not a threat to you,” he chuckled and I nodded.

      I’m a man and those words will never keep me calm. Even though he told me that he wasn’t a threat, in my mind and in my soul, he is still a threat.

      “I don’t know about the hate part tho,” I laughed.

      “I protected your girlfriend ever since I met her and now that you are here, I hope that you would do the same and not hurt her.” He exclaimed, “I hate seeing her in that state.” He looked towards Ayaka’s place and said the words that got me, “If ever you hurt her or make her cry, I’ll punch you in the face.” He told me, “Don’t ever leave her because if you do, I would always be there for her and you wouldn’t be able to get her back even if you wanted to.”

      I just smiled and nodded, “I will never hurt her, I promise you that.”


Job 2:11 - When Job’s three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him.