[forty-nine] Please stay.

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – August 22, 2016

KIM JONGIN | KAI

      I can feel my blood boiling because of anger. How dare he say those things to my face?! For all I know, I’m the one who is constantly beside Ayaka for the past few days and he’s the reason why I got mad at Ayaka a moment ago. And now, he’s spatting nonsense?!

      “You're the reason why she's here.” he exclaimed and removed my hands from his collar.

      I was left dumbfounded and I couldn’t even think straight. He walked passed by me and talked to the nurse.

      “I need to go miss.” L smiled.

      “Huh?” the nurse asked, surprised, “You’re leaving Ms. Lee? I'm sure she is still under a lot of pain and I think she needs you." the nurse muttered.

      “Ah, no need.” L answered back, “She already has someone who can look after her." L exclaimed rather loudly, I think he was making sure that I could hear it.

      “Okay then,” the nurse smiled back as L left the clinic.

      I was speechless and I don’t know what to do, but one thing’s for sure… I’m worried as right now.

      “Mr. Kim, did you get the towels?” I was back to my reverie when I heard the nurse’s voice.

      "Ah yeah, yeah," I muttered as I immediately get the towels and gave it to the nurse.

      “Uhm, miss,” I exclaimed as I turned to the nurse, “Why is Lee Jiyeon here?” I asked, causing Sooyeon to turn to me.

      “Oh, Ms. Lee passed out on the hallway because of menstrual cramps and fatigue. Good thing that Mr. Kim saw her." The nurse answered back.

      She passed out?! I felt like my heartbeat beat faster than usual and I know that I went pale because of the constant worry that I was feeling. Ayaka had always had a small resistance to pain and she really has low immune system that’s why she gets sick easily. I just can’t believe myseld that I didn’t notice her face a moment ago, I am sure that she didn’t look too good a moment ago and she was sweating. I can’t help but to feel so pathetic. I was about to go to Ayaka's bed when I heard someone called me.

      “Kai,” Sooyeon called.

      I looked at her and she was staring at me, looking so pitiful. I almost forgot that Sooyeon is also here, and that she sprained her ankle.

      “Y-yes?” I asked.

      “Please stay beside me,” she exclaimed, “I’m alone.” She added.

      I took a peek at Ayaka's bed and held Sooyeon's hands. Ayaka needs me too but I just can’t leave Sooyeon too, she’s also hurt.

      “Wait here.” I told her and left the clinic.

      I need to find him. I know that he can take care of her and as soon as I saw him, I dragged him to the door of the clinic.

      “Let go of me, Kim Jongin!” he snarled.

      “I need you Minho,” I exclaimed.

      “What?” he laughed sarcastically, “You what?” he asked mockingly.

      “Look, I don’t have time for your antics. Sooyeon sprained her ankle and I think she needs you. You need to take care of her." I muttered.

      With the mention of Sooyeon’s name, Minho came barging in inside the clinic and as soon as he saw Sooyeon, he ran to her side. Sooyeon was surprised to see Minho with me but I just smiled at her.

       “K-kai,” she called.

      “I can't look after you.” I exclaimed, “Ayaka needs me and I need to be by her side but don’t worry, I called Minho to take care of you." I smiled as I left her side.

 

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      I felt a bit lighter and I feel refreshed after a good sleep.

      “Haaah~” I yawned.

      Sleep? Wait, what?! I don’t remember going to sleep! I slowly opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling in front of me. I looked around and noticed that I am at the school’s clinic. Why am I here? Wait… what happened? I slowly sat up and saw a guy crouched beside my bed, sleeping.

      “K-kai?” I mumbled.

      I slowly nudged him. He stirred slightly and got up and I’m right, it’s Kim Jongin.

      “Oh, you’re awake,” he muttered, “Are you okay? Where does it hurt?” he asked worriedly as he passed me a glass of water.

      “I-I’m fine,” I answered as I took the glass of water and took a sip.

      “What are you doing here?” I asked, “Why am I here?” I added as I tried to remember what happened.

      “I'm sorry for being a jerk. I didn't let you explain and I didn’t even know that you were in a lot of pain.” He apologized and just then, I remembered everything.

      I fainted at the hallway after Kai shot back at me. Tss, so he was the one who brought me here? Tss, he should really be sorry because he was throwing a fit while I was hurting because of my menstrual cramps! I looked at him and he was just looking down. Is he really sorry?

      “Alright, just don't do it again,” I told him.

      He immediately raised his head with a genuine smile in his face.

      “But you owe me a cupcake.” I pouted.

      He just chuckled and messed with my hair, "Yes, piggy."

      After some time, we left the clinic since I was already okay and I have already changed my clothes since my skirt got a little stain. Good thing Kai brought me my PE uniform from my locker and I was able to change.

      “Thank L later.” I heard him mumble.

      L? Did I hear him right?

      “Huh?” I asked as I turned to him.

      “He's actually the one who brought you there.” he exclaimed.

      Myung did?!

      “Really?!” I asked, surprised.

      “Anyway, I want to make you happy today since I caused you too much troubles, yeah?" he asked as he let out a chuckle.

      “Sure, just make sure you will really make me happy!” I exclaimed as I tug my arms into his.

      We decided to go to the park nearby and just cut our class. We've been addicted on cutting classes now but who cares? I can cope up with our studies anyways. I'm not the top 2 for nothing, you know.

      "Wow! It's really nice to be here!" I exclaimed happily as I ran around.

      "Yah, will you be okay? I thought you don’t feel good?” he asked worriedly.

      “I’m fine already.” I smiled, “All that I needed was rest and a little bit of sleep.” I winked.

      He just laughed at me and put his arms around my shoulders, “For a second you're grumpy and now, you're so jolly." he chuckled.

      “Well, that's what you call mood swing.” I answered, “You should learn what it is.” I told him as I rolled my eyes heavenwards.

      We sat down under a tree and just rested there for a bit. I was laying my head on Kai's legs while he was seating comfortably.

      “I haven't seen your friends for a while, where are they?” I asked while I was staring at the clouds.

      “You mean Chanyeol and Sehun?” he asked back and I nodded, “Sehun mainly cuts his classes because he always goes to different clubs even in daylight. Chanyeol on the other hand, is trying to pursue something but I don’t have any idea what it is. That is what they did the whole summer. I only learned it from Sehun.” He answered as he played with my hair.

      “Haha, those two are really trouble, huh?” I chuckled.

      “Why were you asking?” he asked.

      “Nothing, I was just wondering.” I answered back.

      “How about Gayoung? Where is she? I haven’t seen her whole day." he asked.

      “I don’t know. She hasn’t spoken to me since we left for Japan.” I answered.

      “Don’t worry, I guess Gayoung is only having a good summer break.” Kai muttered.

      “I’m not worried,” I exclaimed, “You should be the one who should be worried for your friends.” I shot back, laughing.

      “They will be fine. I guess those dickheads are probably in school or in a club now, and any minute now they'll call.” he smiled.

      Chanyeol and Sehun are really great people and I’m glad that Gayoung met them last time. We sure will make a good set of friends. We stayed in the park for quite some time and decided to leave when we got a call from Chanyeol and Sehun, telling us to go back to school.

 

      We arrived at school and went to the garden at the back of the cafeteria.

      “Yo, yo, yo!” Sehun exclaimed happily as we reached the bench where they're sitting.

      “How’s Japan?” Chanyeol asked as they did the bro-fist thingy and did some greetings.

      “Ayaka’s family was great and Japan is lit!” Kai answered back.

      “Hey, Jiyeon. I missed you!" Sehun exclaimed and was about to hug me but then Kai blocked him.

      “Don't you dare come near my girl,” Kai threatened jokingly.

       “Just a hug!” Sehun retorted.

      “Yeah! We just missed Jiyeon so much!” Chanyeol second the motion.

      I laughed at them and shook my head. Oh these guys, I will not get tired watching them bicker all day long!

      “No can do barnacle heads.” Kai muttered, “What's for me, is just for me; and what's for you is just for you.” Kai told both of them.

      “Good thing that summer vacation has ended since I really missed everyone and since we are back..." Kai smirked, "Barnacle heads are back on track!" they exclaimed altogether.

      Barnacle heads, seriously? What a lame name.

      “Hey, having fun without me?" we looked back where the voice came from and saw Gayoung walking towards us.

      “Gayoung!” I exclaimed as I ran towards her.

      “I missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

      “I missed you too,” she smiled.

      Gayoung and I went back to the guys’ place and I saw how Chanyeol smiled at Gayoung and she just shrugged it off. Did I miss something?


Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.