[eight] I'm a human after all,

She's dating EXO's Kai

 

Seoul, South Korea – April 22, 2016

LEE JIYEON | AYAKA

      It has been three days since I’ve met Myungsoo and I should say that he’s quite a nice man. I’ve been spending my lunch with him and Gayoung. I also started teaching Myungsoo how to play the piano. Actually, I am here today at his house teaching him.

      “Always listen to the tone, okay?” I instructed him, “Now, try copying me,” I added.

      “Okay,” he nodded.

      I started playing some keys and after that, he followed me. He soon got it perfectly!

      “You’re a fast learner!” I cheered him happily.

      After some time, we got a bit thirsty so Myungsoo offered me a drink.

      “Come on, let’s go freshen up!”

      We went downstairs and Myungsoo gave me a fresh orange juice. As we were going back to the music room, I heard loud voices coming inside the household.

      “Good evening Mr. Kim, good evening Mrs. Go.”

      I looked at where the voices are coming from and—OH MY GOSH! I have never seen such beautiful people in my entire life.

      A man and a woman went inside the house, looking so gorgeous and stunning.

      “Oh my gosh Myungsoo!” I exclaimed, panicking, “Your parents are here! I need to go now!” I told him as I grabbed the hem of his polo shirt.

      “You should greet them before you leave,” he smirked.

      He dragged me towards the living room and I don’t know but it seems like I’m seeing two angels sent from heaven! These two people are seriously gorgeous!

      “Mom, dad,” Myungsoo called them.

      Myungsoo’s parents looked at our side and they immediately smiled as soon as they saw us.

      “Oh, Myungsoo,” his mom exclaimed as he went to Myungsoo’s place and hugged her son.

      “And who’s this lovely girl with you? Is she your girlfriend?” his dad asked with a bright smile in his face that left me shocked.

      I quickly denied his claim and shook my hand and head stating a clear ‘no’.

      “No Mr. Kim, we have a misunderstanding—“ Myungsoo cut me off when he put his arms around my shoulders and smiled, “Meet my piano instructor, Lee Jiyeon.” He introduced me to his parents and I couldn’t help but to bow.

      “Nice to meet you young lady,” Myungsoo’s mom smiled.

      “But aren’t you too young to be a piano instructor?” Mr. Kim asked.

      “Jiyeon’s just helping me out, she’s a great friend.” Myungsoo answered for me.

      “Is that so? That’s great!” Mr. Kim exclaimed happily,

      “Why don’t you stay for dinner? We’ll be setting up the table. Eat first before you go.” Myungsoo’s mom told me.

      “I guess you’re going to stay,” Myungsoo whispered into my ears.

      I wanted to decline but the look on their faces told me otherwise.

      “O-okay,” I answered back shyly.

      “Oh and dear, call me Aunt Sojin. No need to be awkward.” Myungsoo’s mom exclaimed.

      “O-okay Aunt Sojin.”

      We went to the dining area and lots of foods were already served. Then suddenly, my memory with my family eating together suddenly flashed in my mind. I miss them. I wish I could eat dinner with them soon. I miss mom’s kimchi stew.

      We sat in front of the dining table and started digging in the food. We also talked from time to time.

      “So your name’s Lee Jiyeon?” Mr. Kim asked and I nodded. “Lee? What do your parents do for a living?” he asked.

      “Our family owns a hotel that is based in Japan but we also have different branches all over Asia and the Europe. We also have nursery schools for out of school youth and an orphanage in Japan and here in Korea.” I answered with a smile in my face.

      “Oh wait,” Aunt Sojin exclaimed, “By chance, are you Ayaka Lee?” she asked.

      She knows me?

      I just nodded and smiled, “Yes, that’s my Japanese name.” I answered back.

      “Oh so you’re Ayaka!” Mr. Kim exclaimed, shocked by the information that he just learned, “I’ve met your dad at my dad’s party in Japan. Your dad is really a wonderful man as well as your mom. I cannot say anything bad to your family.” He smiled.

      “Myungsoo, Jiyeon here is a friend to keep.” Aunt Sojin exclaimed with a bright smile in her face.

 

      We finished dinner and we just ended it with endless chats and laughter. I should say that Myungsoo’s parents are the best! They are like my mom and dad! Cool and superb!

      “Go on Myungsoo, why don’t you accompany Jiyeon on her way home? It’s already dark.” Aunt Sojin exclaimed.

      “Tell your dad I said hello.” Mr. Kim smiled and I just nodded.

      “Thank you for the dinner.” I told them and bowed.

      “Come back again Jiyeon. You’re always welcome in our house.” Aunt Sojin said as she bid me goodbye.

      Myungsoo and I went to his car and went home.

      “That was a blast!” I exclaimed happily, “Your family is so fun!” I said happily.

      “Yeah, but you haven’t met my sister yet.” He chuckled.

      Sister? He has one?

      “You’ll enjoy her company. I’ll call you when she gets home.” He told me and I nodded.

      Myungsoo is a really fun person. He is full of manners and makes you feel protected. Maybe that’s the reason why I easily got close with him. I trust him. Even though we only met for less than a week, it seems like he is someone whom I can count on. His parents are also nice. I know where he got his nice attitude and fun personality. I am happy that I met him at my music class.

      We reached home and Myungsoo dropped me by the house.

      “Do you want to go inside?” I asked him.

      “Naah, I’ll pass,” he rejected, “Maybe some other time.” He smiled.

      I nodded and smiled at him, “Thanks again, Myung.”

      I saw how his face lightened.

      “Myung?” he asked.

      “Myung… as in Myungsoo. It’s too long for me.” I explained, “Is it okay to call you that?” I asked him.

      He smiled and nodded, “Of course. I love the nickname.”

      He bid goodbye and finally left, zooming out of the street.

      I was about to go inside the house when I saw Kai outside his house, getting inside the car with lots of luggage.

      Is he going somewhere? I don’t know why but I suddenly felt nervous.

      “Kai!” I called as I went closer to him.

      He turned to me and he rather looked pissed. “What is it?” he asked.

      “Are you going somewhere?” I asked him.

      “Remember the America thing? It’s today,” he simply told me.

      So… he’s leaving?

      “Oh,” I exclaimed. It was the only thing that I managed to say.

      “O-okay,” I mumbled, “Take care.” I told him.

      I don’t know why but I suddenly felt sad upon hearing the news. How long will he be gone?

      “I’ll get going.” I muttered and was about to leave when he called my name.

      “Ayaka,” I looked back and saw him looking devastated.

      He was in a brink of crying and it was a terrible sight.

      “K-kai…” I stuttered as I looked at him.

      “Can you do me a favor?” he asked.

      I tried to smile to cheer him up and answered in a bright tone, “Yeah, what is it?” I asked.

      “When you meet Sooyeon in school, tell her not to go to my house at any cost,” he sighed and smiled bitterly, “And tell her that I’m away.”

      I saw a tear dropped from his eyes and that made me shocked.

      Kim Jongin is actually crying. The arrogant jerk that I met in Japan is here, crying in front of me. I suddenly felt a bit of sadness creeping in my heart. Seeing him so vulnerable makes me want to help him in any way. Kai may be an arrogant jerk and may be a pain in the but I cannot deny the fact that I have become closer to him as the days went by. He’s been there when I needed a companion. He’s been there when everything else seemed to be foreign to me. He helped me a lot to adjust to my new surroundings. In a small amount of time, he gained my trust that even though he loves to pick on me, I can truly say that I am considering him as my friend.

      “Also, can you please protect Sooyeon while I’m away?” he asked, “Please Ayaka,” he pleaded.

      Is he crying because of Sooyeon?

      I wanted to ask him what happened but I know that he doesn’t want to talk about it so I just nodded and smiled at him.

      “I don’t know what happened but I will,” I exhaled, “I will protect her.”

      I couldn’t stand the sight of him crying so I did what is the right thing to do.

      I hugged him.

      “Don’t worry. I’m here, just call me.” I told him.

      I released him from the hug and he chuckled.

      “I didn’t know that you could cry,” I joked.

      “Of course I do,” he chuckled, “I’m a human after all.” He joked back.

      “Be strong Kai,” I told him and he nodded.

      I bid him goodbye and went inside the house.

 

Seoul, South Korea – April 25, 2016

      “No one knows that I’ll be leaving for a week, only you. So please don’t tell it to anybody, just to Sooyeon.”

      Kai’s words kept on repeating inside my head. His devastated face was left in my head as a memory. It was a rare moment and I hope I won’t be able to see it ever again.

      I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn’t notice that I already bumped into someone.

      “Sorry,” she apologized, not looking at me.

      I looked up and saw Park Sooyeon standing in front of me.

      She continued walking but I quickly called her name, “Park Sooyeon!”

      “What?! I already said sorry!” she exclaimed angrily.

      “No, no,” I exclaimed, “I have something to say.”

      She looked at me and I guess she finally recognized me.

      “So you’re the famous Lee Jiyeon?” she glared at me and smirked.


Deuteronomy 22:28 - If a man find a damsel that is a , which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;